Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 35236 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't help but push your luck, can you?
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #360 on: July 12, 2022, 09:39:27 pm »

I normally wait to vote till there is somewhat of a consensus or I strongly suspect someone.

You can see this in all of my other games.
I'll take this as a satisfactory answer. Unvote.

Though, if you vote with the consensus, did your vote really matter?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #361 on: July 12, 2022, 09:40:22 pm »

What is the vote count now?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 12, 2022, 09:42:10 pm »

Anyways, since I'm being pressured to vote, I'll put one on FallacyofUrist. I just find him kinda shady, but nothing truly strong..
This feels sketchy. Is that all you can do? You were pretty strongly against Lenglon a minute ago.

How about I make a deal with you. Tell me which player you really most want to get lynched and why, and if I can agree with you, I'll put my vote in the same place. You'll be a double-voter just like Egan! I remember doing this in that last BYOR, but I don't remember if it was you or Oliver...whatever the name was. Although that ended up being on the wrong person. Try not to do that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 12, 2022, 09:42:26 pm »

Tied between Tric and Fal with 2 votes, it appears. Knightwing is back down to 0 votes.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2022, 09:44:17 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 2 - NJW2000*, Lidku*,
TricMagic - 2 - Shakerag*, Maximum Spin*,
Lenglon - 1 - Knightwing64*,
NJW2000 - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 0 -
Lidku - 0 -
Maximum Spin - 0 -
Shakerag - 0 -
No One - 1 - TricMagic*,

Not Voting - 3 - Egan_BW*, Lenglon*,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 17 minutes remaining.)

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2022, 09:44:39 pm »

Tied between Tric and Fal with 2 votes, it appears. Knightwing is back down to 0 votes.
TricMagic - I strongly prefer lynching an idle player over an active one, and don't like the tie. My vote could easilly shift off of here and I intend to unvote if Tric gets another because I don't want Tric at -1 Hammer.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2022, 09:45:11 pm »

I remember doing this in that last BYOR, but I don't remember if it was you or Oliver...whatever the name was. Although that ended up being on the wrong person. Try not to do that.
...It turns out I just offered to do it, but you never took me up on the offer. I remember doing that with SOMEBODY in SOME recent game, at least.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2022, 09:45:15 pm »

To be fair, to talk about meta again, I don't think you usually get a -strong- feeling on D1 as to who to lynch.  If you do, either scum really fucked up, or you're likely voting a newbie.

D1 votes are generally best to analyze on D2/D3 after we've had a couple of roleflips.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2022, 09:45:44 pm »

Another note:  I fixed the vote count so that No One, Not Voting, and the Hammer count properly factor in vote weight.  Sorry about that!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2022, 09:46:36 pm »

To be fair, to talk about meta again, I don't think you usually get a -strong- feeling on D1 as to who to lynch.  If you do, either scum really fucked up, or you're likely voting a newbie.

D1 votes are generally best to analyze on D2/D3 after we've had a couple of roleflips.
That's fair. It's not the "I don't have a strong opinion" part I object to, it's the "well I GUESS I'll vote him if I HAVE to" feel.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 12, 2022, 09:47:32 pm »

Another note:  I fixed the vote count so that No One, Not Voting, and the Hammer count properly factor in vote weight.  Sorry about that!
Ah! Makes me less scared of accidentally hammering with my doublevotes, thanks~

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 12, 2022, 09:48:16 pm »

TricMagic - I strongly prefer lynching an idle player over an active one, and don't like the tie. My vote could easilly shift off of here and I intend to unvote if Tric gets another because I don't want Tric at -1 Hammer.

To be perfectly, fair, Egan_BW could hammer TricMagic right now.  That may or may not influence you.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2022, 09:48:24 pm »

wait a sec,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 17 minutes remaining.)

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 47 minutes remaining.)[/font]
Web: Is this an error?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2022, 09:50:42 pm »

Anyways, since I'm being pressured to vote, I'll put one on FallacyofUrist. I just find him kinda shady, but nothing truly strong..
This feels sketchy. Is that all you can do? You were pretty strongly against Lenglon a minute ago.

How about I make a deal with you. Tell me which player you really most want to get lynched and why, and if I can agree with you, I'll put my vote in the same place. You'll be a double-voter just like Egan! I remember doing this in that last BYOR, but I don't remember if it was you or Oliver...whatever the name was. Although that ended up being on the wrong person. Try not to do that.

I generally don't like to flip-flop, but the person have I slight suspicions toward is TricMagic; but it would be hypocritical on principle to vote for them, I think, since I've often said that voting for someone purely on doing IRL activities isn't very effective (in which all of that came about defending TricMagic, to take a note of that).

FallacyofUrist I find a little bit suspicious based on their behavior based on past posts, but that could them just being somewhat Troll-like. But you're correct in your summarization in me voting for him because I "have to". It's at least better than a "No Vote/No Lynch" vote, which TricMagic is seemingly doing (kinda suspicious?)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2022, 09:50:48 pm »

Hmm.  An error or someone used a day ability?  We'll find out.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 64