Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 181

Author Topic: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!  (Read 107052 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Bartender of Galactic Refueling Outpost 254831: Arnold!
« Reply #495 on: October 17, 2022, 01:59:02 pm »

"Is it hard to replace things on the station? I mean, if I had more technical expertise and some proper tools rather than just a tricorder and pair of screwdrivers, I'm plenty sure I could manage some repairs myself."

"For the technical manuals you would need to visit and bother the SRC Engineering Master at Zanzibar Regional Headquarters but in mutual interest of us having a little less load on our shoulders, I think I could arrange you some datapads. Perhaps it will even help you pass the time on the outpost without going crazy because compared to bartending manuals and encyclopedias these are quite boring and long. Given your troubles I think you would be interested in some basic power network and maybe control panel schematics and maintenance manuals, correct?"

A) "Sure thing!"
B) "How about something else? I won't need computer and power network stuff if you guys are fixing these right now."
C) "Eh, reading is not my thing, thanks."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 17, 2022, 01:59:59 pm »

A
We'll take all the technical knowledge we can get, given our notoriously cursed hands when it comes to fixing things.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 17, 2022, 02:01:20 pm »

A
We'll take all the technical knowledge we can get, given our notoriously cursed hands when it comes to fixing things.
Aye

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 17, 2022, 02:11:43 pm »

(A) solid assessment, since any other type of damages would likely require spare materials, like that micrometeorite impact. As long as we are careful with the wires, we only need tools to fix those.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 17, 2022, 02:25:36 pm »

"Sure thing!"

"Cool beans. As for the tools, I think I could find a spare toolkit. I'm surprised you've been working with a screwdriver and a tricorder only, there should be a full set of tools in the bartender's quarters."

"I don't think I've seen anything in there." Eccite purses her lips.

"Perhaps S'tivan helped himself to the stuff before he deserted the post. Well, like I said, I will get you some, you should at least have an acoustic sensor, portable fatigue scanner, a laser welder and maybe I could get you--"

A serie of 'bee-boo-beeps' comes from Eccite's pocket, and she pulls out a small communicator. She brings it closer to her face and pushes a button.

"Eccite here."

"Yo, err, boss, like, we have found the problem with the tenth pump, and, um, you're not gonna believe this shit, but--"

"Get to the point! It's the power couplings, isn't it?"

"Em, well, geez, technically yes, boss, but, well, its not the power couplings per se, it's just that, err, there's, like, an old, yellowed skeleton lodged between the--"

"Wait wait WAIT, what the FUCK, the fuck are you saying, what, did you say skeleton, like, a fucking human skeleton??" Eccite looks at you, dumbstruck. The engineers working at the neons stopped their work, staring at their boss.

"I told you she won't believe it! Like, boss, it's wedged between the power coupling A3 and the control panel, and, uh, few of power cables are off their sockets and are tangled around it and like its left arm is, uh, it has been rammed through the control panel and I'm pretty sure it damaged the processor unit so, well, we gotta replace it, if we can extract the, well, the skeleton, so, yeah. Arek has a medical tricorder so he is trying to extract the dna sample to at least determine who the hell this is!"

The engineering chief stares at you wide-eyed.

A) "That's not mine!"
B) Shrug. "I'm here for two days, go figure."
C) "I'm innocent, I didn't have a bone to pick with anyone yet!"
D) What-the-fuck along.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 02:43:24 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 17, 2022, 02:34:12 pm »

D
I bet it's this... Steven fellow.

Ask them to check if it has the missing tools. Maybe somebody was doing repairs and did a real bad job.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 02:35:57 pm by Maximum Spin »

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 17, 2022, 02:44:21 pm »

D
I bet it's this... Steven fellow.

Ask them to check if it has the missing tools. Maybe somebody was doing repairs and did a real bad job.
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 17, 2022, 03:32:32 pm »

//I have corrected previous posts because I mixed up the fuel pumps, gotta have that stuff correct :P

"What the fuck?" You say, convicingly surprised. "Does it have the tools?"

"Oh, yeah, is it, like... dressed in SRC uniform, guys? It has tools or any shit like that?"

"Well... it wears a jumpsuit. Like, civilian stuff. No tools, boss."

"Uh-huh. Do not touch anything in there and just log this in. Like, fuck, that will be some paperwork to do... and I bet I will have some talk overs to do with at least--"

"Boss, Arek says the medcorder has finished its dna scan and apparently nothing on SRC personnel files, so, em, well, this guy ain't one of our dudes. No cybernetic implants or even wetware in the skull to check, either."

"Right. Right, well, fuck, do not touch anything in there, put a seal on the maintenance door, and, well, come back here, you will help with the neons. I will have to send a report of this to Zanzibar HQ and the Fedpols in Poseidonis."

"Got it chief."

Eccite closes the connection and pockets the communicator, placing her hands on her waist.

"Fuck, I ain't got time for all this." Eccite mulls the situation over, staring at the floor. "Right, Arnold, well, we can't remove the body because if it ain't SRC person then it means it is a civilian and if it is a civilian in a restricted maintenance area, well, then it is murder, one way or another."

"You're calling in the New Galactic Federation's Police?"

"I have to report this, of course, but what with the Feds in Poseidonis still repairing their old space fortress and Zanzibar being not very safe yet, yeah, I hope you can deal with a skeleton in your closet, well, fuel pump, for some... time. And you two, back to work!" Eccite turns to yell at the two engineers, who quickly resume working on the neons.

Eccite pulls out a datapad from her coat and starts typing - rather slowly, and still rather wide-eyed.

1236USY.3d/1m.0126h

You think this is perfect opportunity to...

A) Offer Eccite a drink!
B) Ask about your mysterious predecessor, bartender S'tivan.
C) Ask about info on current affairs within Zanzibar Sector.
D) Offer to help her engineers out! They have the knows, you have the hands - this can only end well!
E) Ask if she knows about the transmission spam from the local satellite.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 03:36:26 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 17, 2022, 03:36:22 pm »

C
I doubt she'd know all that much about the previous bartender. Could be wrong, though.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 17, 2022, 03:37:08 pm »

Options D and E. getting back up and running is more important than other issues at this time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2022, 03:38:27 pm »

You gotta pick only one option, Dustan :P
SigFlags!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 17, 2022, 03:40:54 pm »

A

This lady needs some serious chill time, stat
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 17, 2022, 03:43:45 pm »

A. Offer a free drink, if we're allowed.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 17, 2022, 03:53:06 pm »

You gotta pick only one option, Dustan :P
in that case, option E takes priority.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 17, 2022, 03:56:35 pm »

B. She certainly seems to have known the previous bartender.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 181