Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 102

Author Topic: Webadict's Supernatural - Game Over: Day of the Burning Sun  (Read 47402 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Supernatural - Day 1: The Burning Sun [13 / 13]
« Reply #330 on: September 22, 2022, 12:50:26 pm »

tilts head. Toony is Evil. Like..

Not much else to say, I guess voting 4mask isn't passive, but you're really not proving you're not evil to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 22, 2022, 12:54:17 pm »

Very well reasoned Tric. Is this because I'm voting 4mask?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 22, 2022, 01:42:42 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 2 - notquitethere*, ToonyMan*,
EuchreJack - 2 - Vector*, Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester - 1 - hector13*,
Knightwing64 - 1 - Persus13*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - Knightwing64*,
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic*,
TricMagic - 1 - 4maskwolf*,
Egan_BW - 0 -
hector13 - 0 -
Lenglon - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Persus13 - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Egan_BW*, EuchreJack*, Lenglon*, Maximum Spin*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on September 23, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~30 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, the Mafia chooses the execution target.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 22, 2022, 01:51:32 pm »

Very flat distribution. This won't ever catch scum, but we still have 30 hours to go.

Egan, I don't think I know anything about you this game. Tric is voting Toony who is voting 4mask who is voting Tric.

Whose the good, the bad and the ugly in this showdown?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2022, 01:52:05 pm »

(Some interesting vote-shift stuff to report on, but will save it to EOD to avoid prejudicing results.)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2022, 01:54:51 pm »

NQT: you complained about the distribution being flat, and then moved your vote to flatten it further within the same post. This seems self-contradictory.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2022, 01:58:58 pm »

NQT: you complained about the distribution being flat, and then moved your vote to flatten it further within the same post. This seems self-contradictory.
Yes, as I said we've got 30 hours. I've played full games of mafia in a shorter period. Rest assured I won't be flattening at EOD, and I won't tolerate any flatteners at that point. We're at the mid-point though, so now is fine to widen the pool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2022, 01:59:31 pm »

Kind of a soft list seeing as it’s D1, there’s too many people to figure out, there’s too much distraction that I can’t escape from, and my motivation for the game tanked after Lenglon’s outburst, but here goes, in loose town-scum order, after Lenglon anyway:

Lenglon is TP.

Knightwing feels like town KW, panicking a bit when attention turns to them and insisting they’re town. Making some moves here and there, hopefully developing their game a bit. Could be getting coached, but he was town in NQT’s game and was acting similar so… benefit of the doubt given.

EuchreJack is… probably town? I mean, town!EJ usually goes through phases of rampant paranoia which I haven’t seen, particularly when people pressure him, but he’s making an effort even if that effort is a little bit weird at times (voting 4mask to see what happens, townreading Max as he agrees with Max) but it feels like he’s hitting the right notes for the most part. I find it hard to believe the change in mentality could be solely down to being coached in scumchat, particularly with the frequency of his posts, but I’ll keep that in my back pocket for the time being, just in case.

NQT started out with some analysis of previous games, which is a good way to look active without actually doing anything, but followed it up with pokes and prods of other players. Said he’d wait for stragglers to post a reads list, has done so but I haven’t read it in detail yet. Town-lean.

Toony has been engaging with everyone as far as I can tell, driving the game forward. He’s perfectly capable of doing this as scum, but I’m happy to say he’s town at this point. Will keep tabs.

Jim posts one big post a day, which is fine, seems to be poking at people and issues they have. Had a lot of trouble with my conclusions re:Lenglon, but I think I may have a stronger opinion on benign/neutral third-parties and how to deal with them than most people, so… probably not something to worry about? Another one capable of seeming town when scum. I’m less sure about him than Toony, and I seem to be wavering on him based on other reads, mostly Max.

Persus13 hasn’t done a whole lot, poked at NQT a bit, did point out that Tric really shouldn’t know Max is setting up mislynches, though I don’t know how much experience Persus has with Tric’s particular brand of madness. Did offer reads in multiple players when prompted though, and asked questions of those they weren’t sure about as a consequence.

Vector is ill, can’t really fault a lack of action as when I had Covid it was faaaaackin’ bruuuutal even after getting over the initial infection, so hopefully they recover soon.

Tric is being sufficiently unpredictable that I go back and forth on being sure he’s town and then sure he’s scum. I think I may need to see clips from other people to truly get a read on him if he isn’t flipped first.

Egan_BW was not present for the longest time, and I have seen them completely disappear of the map as scum. Explicitly said they weren’t going to engage with the game pre-entrance, though subsequently appeared to. Did say pre-game they were going to play to tilt people, has cooled on their initial energy since arriving.

4mask is 4mask!4mask. He didn’t start the game with his usual scattershot voting, but he’s being playful, if not particularly forthright in pushing people, and is using other people’s reads on Tric to scumread Tric, which I don’t like. Something to keep an eye on.

Max is being typically cagey and weird for Max, which is normally difficult for me to get a read on, but he seems to be getting a little opportunistic with the voting maybe? Said he would vote people based on whether he didn’t know much about them, whether or not they would be productive, and whether or not they basically weren’t him. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Max make so many votes in an entire game, never mind D1. I think he’s mostly interacting with people based on what people are saying about him, or when someone asks him a question, which makes me feel like he isn’t particularly interested in moving the game forward.

A sensible choice for the scumteam might be Max/4mask/Egan, suitably distanced from one another doing their own thing, but none particularly pushing the game forward for town. Weak reads on 4mask and Egan though, fwiw. Mostly PoE on their part.

The mad team would be Max/EJ/Jim, given Max and I were a recent scum team and he intimated doing weird WIFOM-y shit on D1 to make his team seem unlikely candidates together, was something he liked to do. Max and EJ have linked themselves with the gelling thing, and Max, normally not very promiscuous with his vote, asked Jim to choose who he should vote for. It’s an interesting combination of sheeping and distancing that could be coordinated, but probably isn’t and I’m mostly just worried about Max.

PPE: a million posts that I am not reading before posting this. I have a migraine brewing and a possibly unpleasant afternoon besides.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2022, 02:03:13 pm »

@NQT:
I'm the good. Tric is the ugly. 4mask is the bad.

Who's gonna shoot first?

@Hector:
Nice post!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 22, 2022, 02:24:28 pm »

Very flat distribution. This won't ever catch scum, but we still have 30 hours to go.

Egan, I don't think I know anything about you this game. Tric is voting Toony who is voting 4mask who is voting Tric.

Whose the good, the bad and the ugly in this showdown?

4Mask is Evil, Tric is confused, and Toony is clever smooth badass. I might be biased by his avatar and chad play in my own game though.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 22, 2022, 02:30:07 pm »

I also believe that Max is acting as his scumself. I think I'd characterize it as being ornery. Sure he's usually antisocial but there's a certain kind of antisocial here.

Unrelatedly it's kinda stupid that I can get townread by half the players by showing up and being rude. I guess it's consistent enough?
I've not gone a certain run of games being town and my run of scum before that was all pretty nonstandard stuff so I dunno what my play as Evil would be here either.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 22, 2022, 02:34:59 pm »

Jack and Knightwing's conservation looked very natural and not like scumbuddies, do you think one is scum?

It's pinging me, and this early in the game, that's more than enough. I'm not looking at teams yet. We're less than 24h into D1.

I'll say more after one of the people I tagged replies.
I never saw you follow up on this, could you please do so?

I'm still committed to not looking at teams this early. That's just not my playstyle.

As far as that interaction goes, Knightwing's style of quick followup post often means that scum is getting worried about something that has just happened. I thought this was interesting because EJ's post was a simple +1. In terms of exerting pressure, in other words, very little.

I also really didn't want D1 to devolve into a slog argument about meta on your alignment, just because a D1 in which few people receive the focus is usually the start of a game that goes badly for Town. So I needed us to notice something else. However, nothing really interesting happened from that Something Else, outside of getting a variety of commentary on record. It might be useful later but I don't feel I can make hay with it now.

I don't really like voting Tric here because I'm not convinced Tric is scum. It seems like some of the arguments presented boil town to "Tric is acting like town, therefore scum". I would prefer to vote someone for acting like scum, voting someone for acting like town is basically setting up for a catch-22 lynch em no matter what kind of situation.

Tric's number one scumtell is that you can actually understand his posts and they seem to be logically leading somewhere. His towntell is that he gets overly excited about his power role and will murder whoever he has to in order to become stronger. These meta behaviors are very strong in his case and have been borne out through multiple games.

As such, lynching him because he's acting scummy and annoying usually means lynching town. If you are thinking: "you know, Tric has a point," he's usually scum.

You're idiots for forgetting the fact I do best as solo scum. Do you see who my partner is this game? No? Well, think it over again.

Thank you for this helpful comment, TricMagic.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 22, 2022, 02:38:42 pm »

Aura feels Good:
Toony
Knightwing
Lenglon (technically neutral at best, but eh. wants Evil dead)

Aura feels confused-Good:
Euchre
Tric
Egan
Vector

Aura feels Evil:
Max
4Mask

Ask Again Later:
hector13
Jim Groovester
notquitethere
Persus13

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 22, 2022, 02:42:34 pm »

I find it more particularly odd about Vector because they were scum with the rare mafia!Jack in MVM3 R1. I could maybe give them the benefit of the doubt because they haven't played in awhile.

I think that town!EuchreJack can be paranoid, but scum!EuchreJack has, uh ... performance anxiety and tends to be a lot quieter. He's also a chainsaw defender type (unlike you, busser extraordinaire).

Assuming that I'm scum if I'm wrong about your pet is a habit that both you and Webadict have picked up in the past years. How much do you want to commit to EuchreJack on Day 1?

I seem to have convinced myself the worst Lenglon can be is survivor, even if Vector seems to think this is within Lenglon’s scum game.

I want to be clear that what I meant is that I think Lenglon is very capable of inventing a post restriction in order to create an appearance of credibility. I think that the present Lenglon is acting in a town-sided way and agree that she was claiming Third Party.

Hrrrm Vector where art thou? Is Knightwing getting us off their partner Tric now?

No, I don't think that Tric/Knight is w/w.

I also believe that Max is acting as his scumself. I think I'd characterize it as being ornery. Sure he's usually antisocial but there's a certain kind of antisocial here.

How bout u vote then
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2022, 02:42:57 pm »

Tric why on earth are you so weirdly protective of me.

The only thing that comes to mind is either a) you're wolfing or b) you're a guardian angel.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 102