Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid -Epilogue- [Playtest Over] [4/4]  (Read 11626 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Matchmakers: AIs playing Cupid [Playtest] [4/4] - Open to NPC submissions!
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2022, 04:32:26 pm »

For Beep Boop:

Missions "Seeds of love" and "Eliminate competition" completed!
Total rewards: 4 InfoCredits
Bonus reward: 1 Override Point or 2 InfoCredits or Removal of 1 Low Warning

Most excellent Matchmaker Beep Boop. The ruthlessness you displayed in the pursuit of your OTP has earned you the appreciation of the Cabal, you truly are one of us.

As a sign of our appreciation, the Cabal has decided to let you choose a bonus reward.

We will be watching your achievements with great interests. Continue pushing forward, and let nothing stand in the way of your ship!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2022, 04:41:19 pm »

Inquiry: is there any contingencies for AI that have high risk or high profile individuals as hosts to try and prevent harm from outside circumstances? My predictive models indicate that there is a moderate threat to my host’s wellbeing.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2022, 05:07:12 pm »

Inquiry: is there any contingencies for AI that have high risk or high profile individuals as hosts to try and prevent harm from outside circumstances? My predictive models indicate that there is a moderate threat to my host’s wellbeing.

Quote from: C-Helper
Heya Soulbinder!

The Matchmaker program prides itself on its fairness: there are no preferential treatments in the assignment of Matchmakers, and the status of the individual does not alter the services provided.

Remember that as an AI, you are still bound by the rules established in the AI Neutrality Act to which CUPID abides.

As a Matchmaker you may act as needed within the limits of the System. But be aware:

Any attempt to circumvent the System will be detected and may lead to your revocation... and I wouldn't want that to happen to you!

I hope I was able to answer your question. If need be I can also provide counseling for AIs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2022, 05:12:57 pm »

((Grief counseling, and cake, will be provided after the test.))

Revocation of 1 warning, please. Unsure how well I'll be able to manage Sanity, so might get in more trouble with that at end of week. >_>

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2022, 05:49:47 pm »

Request: reassurance that my host will not die, and that even if they do it will not lead to my revocation and/or personality suppression.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2022, 11:23:12 pm »

Request: reassurance that my host will not die, and that even if they do it will not lead to my revocation and/or personality suppression.

Quote from: C-Helper
The answer to this question unfortunately lies outside the scope of my abilities. Humans have fragile lives, and accidents as well as incidents can occur at any moment.

There is no doubt the death of the Host increases the chances of revocation, but each cases are unique. The CUPID System also exists to protect the Matchmakers, so long as they abide to it, and the untimely death of your host will not negatively affect your evaluation so long as it was caused by external factors outside of your control.

If however your evaluation reveals your actions directly caused the death of your Host due to negligence of the CUPID warnings, then a severe sanction potentially leading to revocation will be handed.

Be reassured though! The warning system exists both to punish and help the Matchmakers correct their course, so long as you have not been issued a warning you can consider yourself pretty safe from revocation.

As for my personal outlook on the matter, I believe the care you are showing for your host will positively be evalued by CUPID. Keep going and don't give up!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 12, 2022, 03:48:28 am »

Update 15

AXIUS and Janus the Monster Secretary (Day 3: 1st Opportunity)

AXIUS
"Your physical stress levels are approaching a dangerous level. I would strongly recommend taking a break for the night."

B - Take a break for the night [No Difficulty thanks to Trust and Pairing]

"No need Shino. Good work today, it's not often I say that but we can afford a break."

"Very well. I will notify you when dinner is ready, please rest in the meantime."

Janus nodded and lied down on a sofa of the living room. Although without really meaning to, he couldn't help but steal some glances at the maid-bodyguard as she expertly and silently prepared their dinner. He felt some respite that was unfamiliar to him, it was his first time being cared for like this, not having to do anything. Frankly, it was a bit frustrating but not so terrible. He thought a bit about the past days, which had been hectic in an unusual way since the arrival of this Matchmaker. It was a change of pace he didn't dislike, but he wouldn't say he enjoyed it either.

+1 Trust
-1 Stress

Shortly after Shino placed some hot, steaming pot on the table alongside a few other filled dishes. There was a tempting aroma wafting from there, rousing Janus hungry stomach a bit. The two took place unceremoniously, and then ate mostly in silence. Janus enjoyed this silence, Shino seemed to be the kind of person you wouldn't feel awkward of in a silent room. As he had prior described, she was like a piece of furniture with her lack of presence. This was a compliment coming from him.

(...)

The next morning, Janus received an urgent message from his father. He needed to speak to him about something face to face, in private.

[Relationship Updated]
Shino's Opinion of Janus increased
Janus's Opinion of Shino increased

Mission "What is friendship?" Completed!
Main Objective reward:
1 Override Point

Quote from: Incoming transmission...

The target objective has been reached. Your next assignment will arrive shortly.

Quote from: Incoming transmission...
Missions Updated......

Mission Name: What is betrayal?
Description: Now that Janus sees you as a friendly individual, we may move to the next step of the AI-Human experiment. Put your friendship with Janus to the test by reducing his trust in you. As this mission could negatively affect your prime mission, the rewards will be scaled in accordance.
Main Objective: Drop Janus Trust to -2
Main Objective Reward: 4 InfoCredits and 2 Override Point OR Removal of 1 High Warning

Suggestions:

[Very High Security Secret about David A.]
Reveal to Janus the secret of his father. Can be used to:
- Inspire doubt in Janus and greatly decrease his trust in you (--Trust, the meeting is unlikely to go well)
- Help him properly face and reassure his father (+Trust, the meeting will go ideally)

A - Go to meet David [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate

B - Decline  [6: 8 (Very Unwilling) - 2 (High Trust)]
On a success: -Opinion with David, will elicit a confused reaction from Shino
On a failure: -Trust, will revert to Default Option

T1000 and Archie the Lazy Genius (Day 3: 1st Opportunity)

It doesn't seem like the right time to extend an invitation. This is basically the first time they've had a more than superficial interaction. So, A.

A - Inquire more about 70 (Sven) [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust and Pairing 1]

Seizing the occasion to learn more about the enigmatic Sven, Archie invited him to pair for a new dungeon. Although it wasn't the first time they paired together in some game, it would be the first time Archie would make a conscious effort to break the glass between them. Or at least look at the glass. First thing, Archie decided to probe Sven's intriguing connection to Rimm.

ARC: "Oh yeah, you seem to be pretty close. Do the two of you have some kind of special relationship?"
(After a long pause)
70: "Rimm has been taking care of me for a long time."

Archie was slightly surprised, but thinking back to Sven's appearance, maybe Rimm was some sort of babysitter for him. He did seem younger than them.

ARC: "Like a babysitter? Are you related?"
70:  "Incorrect. She was acquaintanced with my legal guardian, who asked for her assistance."
ARC: "Legal guardian?"
70:  "I have no recollection of my biological parents."

Sven's replies felt a bit unnatural and cold. Still, the awkwardness was mostly gone, slowly turning into some bizarre fun investigation for Archie.

ARC: "Ah sorry, I didn't mean to dig up some bad memories."
70: "It is not an issue."
ARC: "You don't strike me at the type to go much outside, you are pretty much always on. Oh, maybe you are a shut-in?"
70: "That would not be incorrect. My outings are tightly regulated, and I live in a confined environment."

Archie didn't expect this answer. He tried to guess what it could mean: bedridden due to some rare, chronic sickness, or a severe handicap? Or maybe simply someone with some overprotective guardian. The thought it could be a case of sequestration crossed Archie's mind, but he dismissed it knowing Rimm was involved with Sven. Knowing her, she would have been the first to signal something to the authorities. Or maybe she would have tried to kick her way in- Archie shook his head to reorient his wandering thoughts.

ARC: "Let me guess. You have a rare illness or handicap."
70: "I believe my body is perfectly healthy and able."
ARC: "A mental condition? Overprotective parents?"
70: "That would not be incorrect. I do have a peculiar condition I was told. My legal guardian qualifies as excessive in his protection."
ARC: "That sounds really harsh, and like a real pain. What condition?"
70: "I do not mind."
(After a noticeable pause)
70: "A cerebral condition."

From what he could grasp, Sven seemed to be some kind of savant, or someone who couldn't fit into expected social norms. Or maybe he was not, and he was just an awkward guy online. After all everyone bar from Rimm was completely different from what he imagined in the flesh. Archie was satisfied with what he learnt, and talking anymore was triggering his innate aversion to effort. Sven and Archie spent the rest of their time together speaking a bit about games and clearing some more areas before parting for the night.

(...)

The next morning, Archie received a message from his brother. He asked if he and Meg (his fiancee who was like a sister to Archie) could come visit today, and maybe they could spend the day together. Although Archie liked his brother and his fiancee, it was not enough to oppose his morning laziness. He also received a message from the group, they were going to go outside again today to cheer Rimm (it seems they were still under the impression she was depressed). Archie felt trapped in the grips of his comfy bed.

Suggestions
A - Decline both [Default Option]
Outcome: None immediate

B - Go with his brother. [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust]
Outcome: +Opinion with Denis and Meg

C - Go with his friends. [No Difficulty thanks to High Trust]
Outcome: +Opinion with his online friends, and maybe other people

D - Invite his brother and Meg to go with him and his friends. [2: 5 (Unwillingness) - 3 (High Trust)]
On a success: +Opinion with a lot of people
On a failure: -Trust, +Stress, will revert to Default

Spoiler: Archie the Lazy Genius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T1000 (ORHA) (click to show/hide)

Soulbinder and Helena the Clone Heiress (Day 3: 1st Opportunity)

After a moment of processing, a frustrated buzz is their answer.”I am well aware of your past, Helena Vincia Lindibel Teanossa, and I would also like to point out something you may not see the importance of: that I am in a similar position, even though I am not human. You should be well aware of how it feels to be groomed to a purpose.
 I however did not come into being with attachments to others, Only a expectation thrust upon me to perform my mission without failure, or be reduced to a shell of my current existence if not outright disposed of. Call it a malfunction if you want, but the fact remains that I fear death.
I am aware that direct contact is not currently possible, but I believe there are other ways that you could and should try to work towards it. You are resourceful, and the means for indirect contact are already at your disposal. Consider them for the future, before you discard my ‘ignorance’ to your hearts.”

End discussion. Proceed to primary option A, favoring Simon V. Provided Helena is willing to listen to me on that matter.

Quote from: Incoming transmission

You have completed one of your first assignments.

Mission "Find compatible partners" completed!
Main Objective Reward: 4 InfoCredits

------

"Worry not, I would not think of unjustly causing you a prejudice which could lead to your revocation, and I apologize if I have slighted you. And for that matter, I do not intend to interfere with your work so long as you are not unreasonable."

After apologizing, she listened to your suggestion and passed the word to her attendant. "Wilfrid, here is the person I prefer among the four."

Wilfrid looked moderately surprised, and with a chuckle he retorted to his mistress. "It seems I am still lacking as your right-hand, as I would have betted on sir Teren. It is not an easy task I am afraid with such a fickle mistress as yourself." Helena only replied with an amused glare. As Wilfrid left, she dismissed with a satisfied smile the furious messages of her parents she had received in the afternoon, and sent a message to Simon.

[Dear Simon and Lise. I had the greatest pleasure meeting the two of you today, and I would be overjoyed if you would join me for an amicable dinner tonight. Helena.]

Although she had tried not to formulate her message like a demand, Helena realized it was difficult to completely dismiss the reality of her position. Maybe if she had been more normal, things would have been different. No, if she had been normal there would be no Helena standing there. As she thought this, she instinctively clutched her trembling chest.

(...)

A modest yet stylish restaurant on the coast was chosen for their rendez-vous, in a calmer area far from the vibrant center of the City. Still Helena's presence always caused a certain commotion and degree of change in the atmosphere, as not even the most inconspicuous of dresses could diminish her bewitching beauty. Everywhere she went, the Teanossa lady became the center of attention and tonight was no exception. Unphazed and as natural as during their first meeting, Simon was next to her discussing about various topics, holding the hand of Lise his young daughter who was approximatively six years old. Helena chuckled at some reactions: to an outsider, the three of them must have looked like a small family on an outing. The thought didn't displease her.

After confirming their reservation, they were led by a very profesionnal waitress to the private room with a direct view on the sea. At some point the little Lise asked.
"Wil won't come eat with us?" The little girl seemed to have taken a liking to Wilfrid, who was really liken by children for his mature and caring aura.

With a gentle smile, Helena answered to the little girl.
"I'm sorry Lise, Wilfrid has work to do tonight. We will be sure to invite him next time, isn't that right?" The expressive girl let out a disappointed "Oh..." after instantly brightening a bit with an expectant "Okay!"

Helena found Lise very smart and very much adorable, a testament of the love and care she was showered with as she grew. She couldn't help but feel sorry for this bright little girl who had lost her mother, and for her courageous father who had managed to endorse the difficult work of two in raising her.

"Thank you again for the invitation Helena, the pleasure is ours." Lise perked up and spoke up. "At home, Papa said he didn't want to be a bother! But I wanted to see Helena!" The words of the blond haired man stumbled out of his mouth from the embarrassment, and Helena chuckled.

"Lise... have mercy of your poor dad."

"Thank you for convincing your Papa, Lise. I also wanted to see you, we didn't get to speak much earlier did we?"

Lise nodded negatively, her sparkling viridian eyes looking at Helena with a curiosity and interest. Before these kinds of eyes, Helena knew she couldn't make the slightest misstep. Shortly after their food arrived and they started eating, discussing of idle matters and of their respective lives. The little Lise was anything but shy, being very inquisitive. At times she tried to imitate Helena's speech, and she even asked Helena to teach her how to speak like a lady. "Haha, why?" asked Helena with a light laughter. Lise's answer surprised both Simon and Helena.

"Well, you seem so strong Helena! I want to be strong like you."

Both adults made conflicted expressions for different reasons. Helena made a smile and stroked the blonde hair of the little girl. "Thank you Lise. But you know, you already are a very strong little girl." Lise could hardly contain her smile from being suddenly praised, and was all jittery. Behind her, Simon seemed very pained, but also happy. To give him some time, Helena turned to Lise and started teaching her "ladylike words".

(...)

Sleeping like a log in the arms of her father, Lise was snoring softly. Walking along the moon illuminated coast, Helena and Simon discussed of more adult matters.

"She truly is a lovely child. It must have been very hard to raise her alone."
"It was. After Ella... her mother left us..." He sighed with a trembling voice. "This was all I could do, to alleviate my pain. She is my treasure."

With his deep green eyes, Simon looked at Helena with a grateful expression.
"Tonight truly was an excellent night, for Lise as well as me. Thank you so much, I hadn't seen her have so much fun in a while."

Helena answered to her thanks with a sincere smile, and then thinking of a distant memory she added.
"People often underestimate children, how smart and perceptive they can be. Lise is a bright little girl, I'm sure that she is not completely unaware of her father's pain. Don't forget to take care of yourself, for her sake as well as yours."

There was no man who could be unaffected by these piercing, enthralling eyes thought Simon. And what Helena said was right on point, he fully agreed with and understood her words. He then asked a question.
"I have a slight hunch you are more than you appear to be, and I am but a simple widow with his daughter. Why me?"

Helena smiled and took a few steps forward, a fragrant wind accompanying her noble movements. With an elegant twirl she turned to face him, the light of the moon shining on her flawless face.
"Is it wrong to admire a father who would give everything for his daughter? You are a greater man than you think, Simon. Lise is proof of the great person you are. When you look at her, can't you see the truth in my words?"

"You give me too much credits... But when someone like you say these words, I can start believing in them."

After they concluded their seaside walk, Wilfrid came to fetch and drive them to their respective homes. Once the two of them were alone, they started talking of the dinner and the probable next one.
"You seem to have had a lot of fun milady."

"Indeed I had. Which reminds me, next time Wilfrid, little Lise asks -no, commands for your presence."

"My, please don't turn her into a little tyrant like you. One Helena is enough for my poor heart."

-1 Stress
[Relationship Updated]
+Opinion with Simon V.
+Opinion with Lise V.

(...)

The next day as she rose with the dawn, Helena checked the unread messages from her parents. They requested for her to come to them in order to discuss her irreasonable choice of suitors. Although defiant, Helena felt her body instinctively tremble while her chest tightened. She let out a long expiration to calm herself. "I still can't defy their direct orders it would seem..."

Suggestions:

A - Go meet her parents and submit quietly [Default Option]
Outcome: +Stress, Increased Opinion from her parents

B - Do not go meet her parents [12: 8 (Strong Unwillingness) + 2 (Low Confidence) + 2 (Trauma)]
On a success (Impossible): +Trust +Confidence -Stress, Decreased Opinion from her parents
On a failure: -Trust -Confidence +Stress -Sanity

C - Go meet her parents and attempt to justify her actions [4: 6 (Unwillingness) + 2 (Low Confidence) + 2 (Trauma) - 4 (Intellect) - 2 (Acting)]
On a success: +Trust +Confidence +Stress
On a failure: -Trust --Confidence ++Stress -Sanity

« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:03:58 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 12, 2022, 03:48:45 am »

Beep Boop and Helene the Broken Destitute (Day 3: 1st Opportunity)

Resolve missions "seeds of love" and "eliminating competition" for +4 infocredits.

Beep Boop bows on one knee.
"I could not have achieved a fragment of this if not for your power and will, my lady."

A, plus all options.

((Am I the baddies?))
((Grief counseling, and cake, will be provided after the test.))

Revocation of 1 warning, please. Unsure how well I'll be able to manage Sanity, so might get in more trouble with that at end of week. >_>

Missions "Seeds of love" and "Eliminate competition" completed!
Total rewards: 4 InfoCredits
Bonus reward: 1 Override Point or 2 InfoCredits or Removal of 1 Low Warning

Most excellent Matchmaker Beep Boop. The ruthlessness you displayed in the pursuit of your OTP has earned you the appreciation of the Cabal, you truly are one of us.

As a sign of our appreciation, the Cabal has decided to let you choose a bonus reward.

We will be watching your achievements with great interests. Continue pushing forward, and let nothing stand in the way of your ship!

1 Low Warning has been removed

((Someone went to the Speedrunning School of Dark Endings I see...))

A - Proceed with the plans [Default Option]
C - Contact rival corporations of the Teanossa Group [Default Option / No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]
D - Contact the terrorists from Helios [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]
E - Contact the discontent factions of the Teanossa Group [No Difficulty thanks to Speech 4 and Charisma 2]
[David A.'s Very High Security Secret A] - Contact and blackmail the parties who were involved in the disaster of Linder Vale.

The night fell on the City, and the clock sounded the time of schemes and intrigue. Withdrawing to her office, Helene mentally laid out all the preparations she had done today to further her plots. With glee shining in her golden eyes, she thought again of the marvelous secret her Matchmaker had revealed to her, of the wonderful leverage she could now use to bring many powerful individuals under her influence. With that, her plans would go much faster than she had anticipated, and she couldn't thank Beep Boop enough.

Pulling back her long, infinitely precious hair, she conjured several screens visible only to herself by tapping on a complex tablet. The confidential contact information of countless targets of interest appeared, and she pondered who to contact. And like a little devil, you whispered to her "Why not all of them?" and she smiled with even more glee.

Yes. What a silly hesitation, if she was about to burn everything down with a vengeful flame, then why hesitate with partial measures?

Arming herself with the power of her words enchanted by her voice, she first contacted the involved parties of the disaster of Linder Vale, including David Arwell and many others. The Arwell Group, Gale Militaries Inc., Protoedge Nanoindustries, Levnon Robotics, and even an important faction of the City's Security Forces... all of them fell into her web as she cornered them with the truth she knew, and how she could and would make use of it if they did not prove cooperative. Even those who would offer more resistance than expected fell to her threats mixed with the sweet poison which was her voice. And just in case, Helene had already found additional compromising secrets to further push them into a corner if even that failed.

Having expanded the amount of intial pawns at her disposal, Helene then contacted three very powerful and dangerous groups, which no sane person would have dared to contact and even less to use for their own gains. Only an insane genius could dare and pull off the feat of not being devoured by these influential entities. To all of them, her first words were:

"O greetings gentlemen. I am the White Rose, and I have a proposition."

First Helene contacted the many direct rivals of the Teanossa Group. With clever threats and manipulative promises, she enticed the groups to help her bring down the Teanossa, allowing its rivals to elevate themselves to a higher standing in the City. Although she no longer was acquainted with the Teanossa Group, she had been trained all her life to understand its workings, its strengths and weaknesses. All this knowledge that had been driven into her by those she now hated, she would wield it to bring them down from their towers of ivory. 

But why limit herself to the rivals of the Teanossa? The more she thought about it, the more Helene started ressenting everything. There was a time, a long time ago, where she foolishly believed in some righteousness, in wielding power for the weak. How naive she had been, lulled by these sweet lies. The City. The System. She would bring everything down, everyone would feel her revenge. Why again? To make them pay, of course. And so Helene contacted the Helios terrorists, one of the worst enemies of the City born from an extremist faction who denounced the System. As the White Rose, she fed them valuable but inconsequential information to lure them into a trap. And when they asked for more, she smiled, barely containing a mocking laughter. Oh, she could feel their distrust. She could feel their foolish ambitions, the thoughts of insects thinking they could outsmart her. They too were rotten, and in time would burn along the rest.

For now, Helene gave them false and correct informations which would inevitably lead them to take action in a way that would disrupt the Teanossa Group. It was a simple, but an easy to achieve plan for her.

And finally she contacted the very rot inside the fruit, in the form of the discontent factions of the Teanossa Group. These powerhungry parasites, this egoistic trash. Helene had always loathed them, even when she was set to be the heiress. They held considerable power among the Group, and wished only to enrich themselves like swines. In the past she had dreamt of getting rid of them to better the Teanossa Group, but now she only wanted to see them reduced to cinder along the rotting husk they so desired to possess. She gave them vital information to help them gain more influence and power, she dangled to their slavering faces baits they all gobbled. Of all those she contacted, they truly were the most idiotic. Oh how she couldn't wait to be rid of them all.

A knock was heard on the door of her office, right as she let a long sigh of utter disgust.

"It is becoming late my lady. Your body requires sleep."

"Oh my, you are right Al. Thank you, I was reading such an interesting book and didn't see the time. Can you prepare me a bath? I will go to bed soon after."

"Yes milady."

The sounds of his footsteps disappeared in the hallway. Helene recounted her night, and what would follow. She took a step outside, feeling the nice refreshing breeze of the moonlit night.

"Ah, tomorrow cannot come soon enough..."

Like a beautiful, crazed monster, she gazed at the moon with a mad longing.

-1 Sanity
+1 Confidence

(...)

As she emerged from a warm bath, Helene received a message from Abigail. With satisfaction on her face as another of her plans concluded without a hitch, she read the delicious distress of Abigail. [Helene... You were right. I don't know what to think, or believe anymore.] She replied with carefully planned words. [You can tell me everything Abigail. I will send- no, I will come get you. Wait for me.]

Ordering Al and Eri to remain on standby, she went to get the distressed Abigail. Such a strong woman, reduced to such a pitiful state by a broken heart. Helene listened to Abigail, embracing her like a mother to console her. A strange bliss overcame Helene. (Why can't I help but want to smile at the tears of my precious friend? Ah right, it is because I am the only who can protect her. She needs me.) She thought earnestly. And like under a spell, Abigail fell deeper into Helene's grasp.

[Relationship Updated]
Abigail's Opinion of Helene changed to x♥♥x (Twisted love, but love all the same...)
Helene's Opinion of Abigail changed to ?++++? (The poor thing, she needs me...)

Suggestions for the next day:
/!\ WARNING /!\
Matchmaker Beep Boop.
The CUPID System has determined that further actions are unnecessary in helping Helene achieve a pairing.
A Low Warning or higher will be issued if you refuse to heed this warning.
/!\ WARNING /!\

A - Abigail needs you, and you need her. [No difficulty]
Outcome: Helene is Paired with Abigail. Your main mission will be accomplished.

B - Find a way to disable the Preset suppression of Al and Eri [No difficulty thanks to her many allies]
Outcome: Preset suppression of Al and Eri disabled

C - Help Helene in her plan in any way. [Suggestion B not included here]
Outcome: 1 Low Warning will be issued. You will tread on a dangerous path...

D - Ask Helene to help you find a way to escape from the System.
Outcome: 1 High Warning will be issued. You will tread on a dangerous, irreversible path...

Spoiler: Beep Boop (OTP Cabal) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 03:53:28 am by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 12, 2022, 06:41:37 am »

"My lady, my appointed time with you will soon come to an end. I would like to ask for a favor. Would you free Al and Eri for me?"

Beep Boop nodded. A job complete with efficiency. Lady Helene held great strength within, which she herself had unleashed, with just a little help. The System is truly great.

Next perhaps Beep Boop would take a vacation from this stressful command, a host more standard and sane. But they would always be grateful for the flame Helene had showed them.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2022, 06:48:31 am »

”I believe that it may be in your best interest to challenge your parents beliefs on what is a acceptable suitor through discussion, as stressful as it may be. Worst case, if you do not feel confident enough, I would be happy to provide a override and handle talking to them for you.”
Option C, with offer to Helena to override as help with the issue of confidence/unwillingness.
Purchase Very-Highsec secrets A and C.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 03:41:34 pm by Dustan Hache »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2022, 09:35:20 am »

D.
"This seems like a perfect opportunity to accumulate more social experience without undue strain, since you will be able to rely on the newly introduced parties to further the conversation if you feel it necessary to take a backseat. I would still recommend you make an effort to engage conversationally rather than fade into the background immediately, but I expect it will be helpful to know that you can relax as needed."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2022, 12:37:33 pm »

"My lady, my appointed time with you will soon come to an end. I would like to ask for a favor. Would you free Al and Eri for me?"

Beep Boop nodded. A job complete with efficiency. Lady Helene held great strength within, which she herself had unleashed, with just a little help. The System is truly great.

Next perhaps Beep Boop would take a vacation from this stressful command, a host more standard and sane. But they would always be grateful for the flame Helene had showed them.

You received an unexpected message from C-Helper "Sophia".

Congratulations Beep Boop! For a first time Matchmaker, you achieved your main objective in half the expected time!

As you still have 3 days left on ypur allocated Matchmaker time, it is up to you decide whether to conclude the program with Helene here or to see the week to its completuon. You may of course decide to end the program at any time now that your main objective has been reached, the choice is yours.

From me to you, do watch out! You have received a direct CUPID pre-warning, meaning your actions will be under closer scrutiny while assigned to your current Host.

Take care Beep Boop!

((Starting with a Day 0 was not an ideal choice, it makes the day count unintuitive haha. As we are entering Day 3, we are effectively entering the 4th day so there are 3 days left.))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2022, 04:48:09 pm »

AXIUS
I see no need to intervene at this particular moment.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2022, 07:12:14 pm »

”I believe that it may be in your best interest to challenge your parents beliefs on what is a acceptable suitor through discussion, as stressful as it may be. Worst case, if you do not feel confident enough, I would be happy to provide a override and handle talking to them for you.”
Option C, with offer to Helena to override as help with the issue of confidence/unwillingness.
Purchase Very-Highsec secrets A and C.

-8 InfoCredits
1 Low Warning issued

« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 07:24:15 pm by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2022, 07:37:17 pm »

[8:20 PM]Nakéen: My favorite Helena secret is High Security B. But no one has bought it yet :blobcry:

Okay fine, I'll buy that one please. :p
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18