Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58843 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #615 on: October 19, 2022, 07:47:09 am »

Also, you seem awfully sure I'm scum. Mind actually making a case on me instead of just calling me scum every time you mention me?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 19, 2022, 07:49:09 am »

NJW also has to think Knightwing is scum with me or else there's literally no reason to think I'm scum.

Also, you seem awfully sure I'm scum. Mind actually making a case on me instead of just calling me scum every time you mention me?
Why didn't you reload my Actions?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 19, 2022, 07:50:35 am »

Arr, if you didn't kill last night, why not? Why wait?

Aye and what did ye do to Nakeen and NJW, and why'd ye do it? We're all hands on deck here, just waiting on you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 19, 2022, 07:51:50 am »

My effect only applies to single targeting actions, if that's relevant.

But I think you're scum anyhow, especially with high-certainty claims like that, so would love to thunderdome.
Though, single target does make sense.  Doesn't make you not scum, but that part might be right then

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 19, 2022, 08:01:11 am »

Arr, Master Webadict, do I have the picture right that yer main action was to drown the seadog NJW, and in passing soak Jim, Nakeen, and KW the cabin boy, but you were redirected to Jim... and maybe Jim was immune to soaking-related death by being set on fire on the same round (by whom??). Or is there a part to this wicked web that yet alludes your old captain?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
NJW/Juicebox/Vector are the scumdogs, so says I (maybe swap out Nakeen or Tric)
« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2022, 08:08:06 am »

(Now I have to wait while those scabby rapscallions confer in their secret chat what to do about this cornucopia of claims. I'm keen on keelhauling Juicebox today, but let's squeeze a claim from the bilge rat first.)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 19, 2022, 08:09:26 am »

NJW also has to think Knightwing is scum with me or else there's literally no reason to think I'm scum.

Why didn't you reload my Actions?

I said that in the post where I used I Play Pot of Greed, I could either use it to reload you or give me extra actions, and I didn't want to gamble on reloading the kill action, and I also wanted to use my other two abilities to potentially gain some information.

Arr, if you didn't kill last night, why not? Why wait?

Aye and what did ye do to Nakeen and NJW, and why'd ye do it? We're all hands on deck here, just waiting on you.

I didn't kill last night because I don't have a kill, because I'm not scum.

The ability I used on NJW gave them the choice between letting me learn what a random ability of theirs does, or disabling it for the night. The ability they let me learn isn't the ability that they claimed, but it is similar, so it makes me want to believe their claim.

Also, that ability was a day action which fired before NJW got to use their actions, so the ability I learned about is definitely NJW's

The action I used on Nakeen failed, because the conditions weren't met, which gave me a little bit of information, but that information is of very limited use.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Gottem
« Reply #622 on: October 19, 2022, 08:12:39 am »

"I don't have a kill"

AHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHA that's exactly what I hoped you'd say you lying wretch!

Well, with First Mate EuchreJack as my witness, I did a full inventory of your armaments last night and do ye know what I found?? YOU DO HAVE A BLEEDING KILL!

Hoisted by his own petard, me hearties. That's how it's done.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 19, 2022, 08:14:40 am »

Arr, and it's telling that NJW never claimed that choice from you (unless me old eye missed it?). Probably a cock-a-bull tale ye cooked up in your secret missives just now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: NJW has a lot of gall for a festering bucket of bilgewater
« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2022, 08:15:19 am »

People seem to have been a little confused. Let's have a look at the post below.

I’m so smart. Somebody tried to kill web, btw.
Do you know for sure someone tried to kill him?

Yeahhh?

My action was to make everything that targeted Web, target Max instead.

So if max is dead, somebody tried to hit Web with a kill action.
According to Knightwing, everything that was going target Web, instead targeted Max.

Does it work the other way around as well?

He doesn't say it does.

FURTHERMORE, the point you seem to be missing Master NJW is that ye didn't use your vote. Tolyk and Vector were asleep half the bleeding day and they still managed to cast a vote. Only you decided to be so useless. How in the blue blazes did you intend to catch scum with that extreme lackadaisical approach, ay?

Juicebox is scum, which we will see later today when the wretched cur flips. And SO with that in mind, thinking about how people acted when the dog was dangling on the edge of the plank makes a lot of sense, no? What's wrong with me reasoning there?

More to the point, NJW, who do ye think is lying out of Tricmagic, and Jim+Toony. Admit it, you've been caught with your pantaloons down!
With regard to the first question, read my posts.

I'll have time to take a closer look at the night actions when I don't have to spend my time dealing with this idiocy.

-
This is helpful and all, but you missed something: my bus drive only applies to single-target actions. It's a niche effect, but I mention it in the post directly above yours.

Also you've made a false assumption about the Knightwing thing. Do you three know something we don't, or are you just throwing attacks and graphs around without reading the thread?

Your pirate thing is great and all, but please pay attention so you don't end up lying about information clearly visible in thread.

Last chance before this gets really rough for you.

My effect only applies to single targeting actions, if that's relevant.

But I think you're scum anyhow, especially with high-certainty claims like that, so would love to thunderdome.
"the guy who was targeted by the mafiakill is mafia"
PROVE YOU WERE TARGETED BY IT.

Knightwing has claimed he redirected everything from you onto Max. Not a bus drive. All we know is that whatever was going to hit you, hit Max. But as far as we know, whatever was going to hit Max, hit Max. So the scum could have targeted Max.

If you're going to insist you must have been targeted, without offering any evidence, we're going to have a problem.

Also, you two realise you're going after the person that just claimed to have bus driven themselves after someone cleared them? Anyhow, deep breaths.

NQT: claim what you did last night and what the results were. Explicitly.

If you found scum, like you're implying, state it explicitly. If this is a goddamn thunderdome, tell people, rather than making graphs and throwing weak D1 analysis.

Arr, and it's telling that NJW never claimed that choice from you (unless me old eye missed it?). Probably a cock-a-bull tale ye cooked up in your secret missives just now.
The fuck are you even on about?
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 19, 2022, 08:20:57 am »

Aye, I see now KW's action was a redirect not a bus. I had it wrong in me notes there. Argh, the charts must be updated with the new course heading!

The scabrous cur Juicebox just claimed to have given you a choice at night. So that means it would have hit... Jim. So belay me last message, that was me not thinking clearly enough with all this blasted redirection. One moment all, while I update me charts...

AND furthermore, I just full claimed a gunsmith-like power on Juicebox you illiterate dog. Keep up.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 19, 2022, 08:21:10 am »

Ok, ninja'd.

Yep, Juicebox's day thing is exactly the thing I asked someone to claim.

Apparently NQT is claiming an ability check.

NQT: was this explicitly marked mafiakill? Can you just confirm that?

Looks like a simple thunderdome situation, but I've had to deal with so much BS from NQT just now that I'm not willing to put my faith in that.
One wheel short of a wagon

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 19, 2022, 08:25:33 am »

I most certainly do not have a kill. I don't even know how a kill would work with my role. In fact, screw it, I'll just full claim

I am Pot of Greed

My first action is I Play Pot of Greed, which I already explained here

My second action is Now I Explain What it Does, that's the one I used on NJW, I explained that one in my post before this one

My third action is Banned in Competitive Play, which roleblocks my target if the use multiple actions during the next night. This is the one I used on Nakeen.

My fourth and final action is Exactly What I Needed: Which is a one-shot action that draws me a swords of revealing light from my deck giving me protection from kills for one day phase and one night phase.

The last thing I need to note, is that all of these are day actions, which I already claimed here

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 19, 2022, 08:27:25 am »

Aye, I see now KW's action was a redirect not a bus. I had it wrong in me notes there. Argh, the charts must be updated with the new course heading!

The scabrous cur Juicebox just claimed to have given you a choice at night. So that means it would have hit... Jim. So belay me last message, that was me not thinking clearly enough with all this blasted redirection. One moment all, while I update me charts...

AND furthermore, I just full claimed a gunsmith-like power on Juicebox you illiterate dog. Keep up.

I literally said in my post

Also, that ability was a day action which fired before NJW got to use their actions, so the ability I learned about is definitely NJW's

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 19, 2022, 08:33:02 am »

I'm busy at work right now.

Looks like everyone has spoken now?

So this is probably obvious but I was roleblocked last night so I don't have my watch results. Nobody has claimed this so mafia did it. Unless Nakeen is lying (I don't really think they are) then four players targeted me last night: Jim, Nakeen, TolyK, and mafia.

NQT really needs to read the thread and pay attention.

I like NJW more than Web here.

More later
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 113