Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 113

Author Topic: FBYOR 5 - Game Over - Learning From Disaster, As All Ends In Fire And Darkness  (Read 58848 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 5 (12 / 14) - Day 2 - Awakening To Darker Tides
« Reply #675 on: October 19, 2022, 10:14:53 am »

It's entirely possible to be Nakeen, but, by your logic, juicebox is still possible to be scum, no?
No, not at all. Where be ye getting that from? To clarify (as I admit I have been confused and confusing) but I inspected Juice and they are definitely NOT mafia (unless they're a godfather or such, but let's set those sails when they come).
Wait, you didn't say you inspected him, you said you checked if he has a kill.

“All single target actions performed on your first target (Web) this Night are redirected to instead target your second target (Max) “

Aka, not a bus.
Ah, damn, I like being confirmed.

Also, this confirms that Vector definitely DID inspect me, but that it's very likely that Max was, indeed, the target of the Mafiakill.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: October 19, 2022, 10:20:22 am »

Wait, you didn't say you inspected him, you said you checked if he has a kill.
Aye, to clarify a tad more: I learned that Juicebox 1. Has no kill. 2. Is either town or mafia-ally. The kill part was the important bit before (because I thought I'd learned he 1. had a kill and 2. was either town-with-a-kill or mafia). My ability confirms he's not an informed member of the mafia. Savvy?

Also, this confirms that Vector definitely DID inspect me, but that it's very likely that Max was, indeed, the target of the Mafiakill.
If they inspected you, they inspected Max instead. You're only sure because of an apparent mod mistake. So tell yer ole captain exactly how this is confirmed?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: October 19, 2022, 10:25:04 am »

Going back to D1, Nakeen didn't make very many posts D1, and most of them were replying directly to questions others asked them.

They gave some reads in this post here and here

None of those reads were very strong, and they were both in direct response to someone else asking who was scummier out of a list of people.

The second time was when they placed their only vote D1, which was another on the TolyK bandwagon which was present at the time.

The only post they made at the end of day was to remove their vote from TolyK

They seemed really averse to voting throughout the entirety of D1, saying multiple times that they didn't want to vote, stating reasons such as there was already enough pressure on others, or that it was not in their interest.

They also seemed keen on prodding Vector for inactivity despite the fact that Vector explained quite early that they would be busy IRL for most of D1.

They seem to have been observing what was going on D1, but not really making any attempt to get involved only doing so when prodded.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: October 19, 2022, 10:30:01 am »

It was a soft quote? I thought that was okay?

I could be pulling that out of my ass after looking up how to make a believable ability or something

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: October 19, 2022, 10:30:49 am »

Also, Tric, I'm okay with trying to kill or execute juicebox Tonight, but I'm actually unsure that NJW2000 is necessarily scum.  The only part that really is suspicious about them is that they were far more certain that it was a Redirect of all Actions than a Bus, even when I said I received a Revive, which means they're paying attention, but not enough attention, or they just don't care and think I'm lying regardless.
But I was only claiming it was a one-way redirect after you said the revive was a mod error

Pls Web

Pls stop being wrong about things that happen in thread and posting bullshit reasons to suspect me faster than I can actually type

This is very tiring

Boom! That's fucking me, NJW.  Both actions confirmed, fuck off, kiddo.
I don't even know what you're talking about at this point. If you're just screaming over and over that you're locktown, I'm less and less likely to think so. If you think I'm accusing you of doing the kill... I don't know. Maybe just shut up for a bit and read people's posts?

It's genuinely difficult to deal with. You're pretty much sabotaging the thread with endless gunk. If you're town, you've seen what I do as scum in this. I keep quiet and let you elim town and die. Remember that game? How you and Toony basically destroyed town?

Now, how could Jim target me if all Actions were redirected to me?
See how you and NQT are posting a lot more than me or any other player, but not meeting very basic standards for reading comprehension or coherency?

At least proofread your posts so that they can be understood. I mean, you wouldn't like it very much if I were to sandwich his nightkill BYOR mafia among us

-
*Malding intensifies*

I need to work for a bit, but I'll take another look at what we have tonight.
One wheel short of a wagon

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: October 19, 2022, 10:33:32 am »

I'm not goldfish-level like NJW.  I remember that TricMagic claimed to set anyone he targets On Fire.

To be clear, you're not Magikarp level.  Get your genre right!

BLOW ME DOWN AND CALL ME A LIAR

I misread me bleeding results. I was told Juice was an alpha class, and I thought that was the killer class but I had it the wrong way round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alpha is non-killer, Beta is killer.

Juicebox, me hearty, o how I have slandered you!

What a blasted wretch I have been!

Captain my captain! Now we'll have to go against the wind!
But yeah, Alpha means Juicebox can't kill. Also, in case my senile captain misreads the charts again, Omega means Third Party

Avast! I should note that it be extremely possible that scum double-act to some extent, given Juicebox (now confirmed by me to not be scum) has claimed an action that only works vs players who act more than once in a sequence.

Web, me hearty, if Vector be not the killer, then it's Nakeen?

Also, Tric, I'm okay with trying to kill or execute juicebox Tonight,
DON'T YE BLOODY DARE. I said, I was wrong before, Juicebox is not scum or third-party. He has no kill.

EuchreJack getting Soaked doesn't unless EuchreJack also targeted Jim.
Curious and curiouser...

First Mate EuchreJack, do ye care to cast a light?

I didn't visit Admiral Jim last night.

Avast! I should note that it be extremely possible that scum double-act to some extent, given Juicebox (now confirmed by me to not be scum) has claimed an action that only works vs players who act more than once in a sequence.

Web, me hearty, if Vector be not the killer, then it's Nakeen?

Also, Tric, I'm okay with trying to kill or execute juicebox Tonight,
DON'T YE BLOODY DARE. I said, I was wrong before, Juicebox is not scum or third-party. He has no kill.

EuchreJack getting Soaked doesn't unless EuchreJack also targeted Jim.
Curious and curiouser...

First Mate EuchreJack, do ye care to cast a light?
It's entirely possible to be Nakeen, but, by your logic, juicebox is still possible to be scum, no?
No. juicebox can at most be a mafia-ally. juicebox can't be mafia.

TricMagic, Knightwing64, Nakéen, Jim Groovester, and EuchreJack are all Soaked.

Web>Jim>TricMagic
Web>Nakeen
Web>Knightwing

EuchreJack's the odd one out. Which would fit a water dragon targeting them. Question is, what did it do, if anything? (can't kill someone without the appropriate status condition, so setup for something.)

One possibility is something similar to my scales that soaks people that target this pirate. Which would require NQT to be lying. EuchreJack, for the record what exactly did you learn about NQT?
I think I've laid it all out, but here goes: NQT has an ability associated with Robot that targets a player and determine whether they are Alpha, Beta, or Omega. Alpha is Town or Mafia-ally. Beta is Town with a killing ability or Mafia. Omega is Third Party.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: October 19, 2022, 10:34:17 am »

Oh, and vote Vector

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2022, 10:34:59 am »

There is also another option. Who among us are Dragons? Proper fire-breathing Dragons. (The answer is me. TolyK's also a dragon, but  do they breath fire, or do they hide underwater?)

Pirates chasing after other denizens of the sea, ar?

I'm not a dragon.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2022, 10:39:03 am »

If they inspected you, they inspected Max instead. You're only sure because of an apparent mod mistake. So tell yer ole captain exactly how this is confirmed?
I know Vector really well, and the Revive name is just something that I know Vector's role would be related to.

Look, it's a lot of meta reasoning, but just assume that I confirm Vector's action unless they say otherwise.

Also, Tric, I'm okay with trying to kill or execute juicebox Tonight, but I'm actually unsure that NJW2000 is necessarily scum.  The only part that really is suspicious about them is that they were far more certain that it was a Redirect of all Actions than a Bus, even when I said I received a Revive, which means they're paying attention, but not enough attention, or they just don't care and think I'm lying regardless.
But I was only claiming it was a one-way redirect after you said the revive was a mod error

Pls Web

Pls stop being wrong about things that happen in thread and posting bullshit reasons to suspect me faster than I can actually type

This is very tiring
I really wish my kill connected, it'd be better for everyone because even if you're somehow not scum, you're more scum-adjacent than Tric, which is just a spectacular feat.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: October 19, 2022, 10:42:35 am »

Like you say that, but you and NQT just spent several pages spamming the thread with nonsensical garbage while NQT repeatedly failed to actually read.

Or perhaps you really want an answer to this?

Now, how could Jim target me if all Actions were redirected to me?

Should I do the pro-town thing and answer your question here Web?

Would that help?

Would that be a really fucking useful thing to post in bold, underlined and all caps?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2022, 10:45:20 am »

You should do it anyway.

Just do it, coward, you won't, you're too busy wasting everyone's time pretending to look busy instead of voting.

Just vote me, coward.  You totally used your immense voting power Yesterday doing nothing, so you're definitely the least useful player, Town or not.  Just vote me.  Do something.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: October 19, 2022, 10:48:50 am »

And when we're done voting me, are you planning to vote ToonyMan?  It's such a good way to look busy.

NJW2000 has an Ability related to Soaking, he probably Soaked EuchreJack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 19, 2022, 10:50:41 am »

NJW, quit yer grousing, you ole cantankerous crab. I made some honest mistakes, aye, but I also did a whole lot solving. Moving fast, making some blunders but learning, tis the pirate way.

Arrr, Web is right, you did nothing yesterday, and you're doing nothing now.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 19, 2022, 10:53:11 am »

And when we're done voting me, are you planning to vote ToonyMan?  It's such a good way to look busy.

NJW2000 has an Ability related to Soaking, he probably Soaked EuchreJack.
Not particularly.

I do not, and I did not.

Just do it, coward, you won't, you're too busy wasting everyone's time pretending to look busy instead of voting.
No mate, you're wasting my time posting questions that don't make any sense, misreading the thread, accusing me of nonsense, and swearing at me. I'm genuinely pretty sure you must be scum from in-thread behaviour at this point, and I honestly couldn't care less about your mechanical claims in a BYOR.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2022, 10:55:29 am »

Wait what

Now I’m confused

What is Web saying and why is NJW mad?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 113