Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47352 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #1155 on: April 24, 2023, 10:30:13 pm »

I’d like to find his partner, but we can’t always get what we want. Better than the alternative.

Jim needs to be on the wagon though and Jim won’t vote.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 24, 2023, 11:07:11 pm »

What do you think of Juicebox?

I’m not quite sure.  I thought they couldn’t have done anything because they commuted, but it looks like that wasn’t quite correct…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 25, 2023, 12:08:16 am »

It's funny that you say that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 25, 2023, 12:16:32 am »

It's funny that you say that.
Hoist by my own petard.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 25, 2023, 12:34:18 am »

This is a level headed post that I lilke.

If notquitethere is scum with either ToonyMan or hector13 he has to be gambling pretty hard with their lives or has ruthlessly decided to bus them. It's possible but seems unlikely.

Why would a mafia medium even…

Bro whatever

There are many examples of games with mafia mediums so it's not unreasonable to raise it as a possibility and to ask whether your behavior is more or less fitting of a scum medium.

Given that you're relaying derogatory information from dead chat to here regarding hector13, I think at bare minimum it's unlikely you're scum partners with hector13, but generally I'd say you're probably not scum.

Fallacy:

(That would eliminate the Lenglon-hector13 scumteam, I think. But since scum are most motivated to kill other scum, I don't think that's a good idea at this time If I were you I'd vote either Jim or Toony.)

Getting sent mixed messages

What do you want to do, Knightwing64? You're not a dead chat telephone, you're a person, and you don't have to be weak to social pressures, and you can make decisions on your own.

'i accidentally the whole toaster'

:|

You did this.

Egan, my dude, you’re the only person I’m sure I can trust; what are your thoughts on the game?
Jim and Max killed my sibling and therefore they must die. Either as scum or for the same reason they killed Fallacy.

Come on, now, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Being spiteful is not productive.

Personally, I would rather eliminate the player that was caught lying.

I would too.

Why do people suspect ToonyMan? Is there anything besides the scum results on him? People have come out swinging against him because of the inspect result against him but I haven't seen much discussion about ToonyMan being suspicious prior to that event.

So as far as I'm aware, it's

guilty inspect result

compared to hector13, who

was tracked to Toaster, who was night killed
initially claimed to steal Toaster's vote
was counterclaimed by Toaster from dead chat
changed his story to accidentally killing Toaster

On one side is a night game result, which I've been harping about being misleading, and on the other side there are claims and counterclaims which hector13 owned up to, which there is no uncertainty about.

I don't think there should be any question that hector13's circumstances are more damning than ToonyMan's. I think hector13 is the much better lynch today and I would vote him if I wasn't going to suffer CONSEQUENCES because of it. I suspect the people holding out for a ToonyMan lynch have ulterior motives. Spite most obviously, but there's also strange notions about the utility of choosing which scum team we can lynch from as if we have perfect information to make that choice as well as perfect expectation that the mafia teams will shoot each other instead of us. Other cases like the waffling from A_Curious_Cat and Knightwing64's vote remaining on ToonyMan are confusing to me as well.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 25, 2023, 05:44:01 am »

GUYS STOPPpPp

Lenglon:

(remember how I mentioned Jim likes to try to sweep under the rug stuff that he doesn't like? he literally never responded to that message from FoU. this is what Jim does. he doesn't have a counter to it, so he pretends it doesn't exist and for some dumbass reason people let him get away with it.)

We’re getting bamboozled

Jim

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 25, 2023, 05:52:00 am »

There’s at least 3 mafias left. And we know Jim has a kill action. And I’m constantly getting spammed messages about town being dumb and how obvious the fact Jim, Hector and Toony? are mafia. Rally the forces town

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 25, 2023, 07:29:59 am »

I personally wouldn't take voting advice from confirmed a confirmed mafia player like Lenglon, but that's just me.

Toony or Hector should go today.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 25, 2023, 08:25:48 am »

Fine, but I’m saying it now, this is a bad idea. Hector

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 25, 2023, 08:47:01 am »

I’m constantly getting spammed messages about town being dumb and how obvious the fact Jim, Hector and Toony? are mafia.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 25, 2023, 09:22:14 am »

GUYS STOPPpPp

Lenglon:

(remember how I mentioned Jim likes to try to sweep under the rug stuff that he doesn't like? he literally never responded to that message from FoU. this is what Jim does. he doesn't have a counter to it, so he pretends it doesn't exist and for some dumbass reason people let him get away with it.)

We’re getting bamboozled

Jim

Dead chat, be nice to Knightwing64 and stop trying to use him to remotely bicker with me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 25, 2023, 09:24:16 am »

I’m constantly getting spammed messages about town being dumb and how obvious the fact Jim, Hector and Toony? are mafia.

lmao

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 25, 2023, 09:51:26 am »

Literally

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 25, 2023, 01:26:46 pm »

A fate worse than death to be forever pestered with the voices of the salty dead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 25, 2023, 01:28:05 pm »

Egan, my dude, you’re the only person I’m sure I can trust; what are your thoughts on the game?
Jim and Max killed my sibling and therefore they must die. Either as scum or for the same reason they killed Fallacy.
Come on, now, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Being spiteful is not productive.
Says you.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 92