Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 40026 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1305 on: April 28, 2023, 05:19:34 am »

Did anyone receive a 1-shot Watch last night?
I did. It cost 2AP right?

Can you drop a few more hints about what the ability is so that A_Curious_Cat can positively identify it? Because it costing 2 AP could be a lucky guess maybe.
It's just a one-shot action I can use at night. The 2 AP cost is the only way I can really prove I have it besides listing the description verbatim. Or you know, nobody else claiming they have it. But I don't think anybody will.

Y'know... I'm not even sure what it does!  Let me ask wuba...
Oh, right. I guess I should explain the watch since I'm just assuming people know what that means.

It's like tracking, but in reverse. I can see whoever visited my target.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 28, 2023, 05:30:55 am »

@NQT:
1. I don't know why scum tried to kill me. I could see them wanting to kill town!Toony since I was going to investigate Fluffe or Juicebox. I really think scum should have tried killing someone else.
2. Am I probably lying, or lying? You change your stance on this mid-post. Remember when I felt your BYOR statistics on why Egan was mafia rubbed me the wrong way? My bad feeling has never gone away, which is why the town result I got on N1 was so befuddling.
3. Why vote me? You shouldn't vote someone unless they can be mafia. I strongly recommend voting Fluffe, that was a good look. Or maybe you can convince everyone that mafia have been the Jim/Max masons the whole time?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 28, 2023, 05:39:05 am »

To be crystal clear, Toony, are you claiming you tracked Fluffe and that's all you did to Fluffe?

I think your claims don't add up with the facts as I know them

You and Fluffe could be on rival scum teams, that's still a possibility. The scum teams would want to take each other out ASAP.

AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A FRAME-ARTIST

AND WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHY YOU PICKED KNIGHTWING AS YOUR FALL GUY

So stop being slippery and start talking straight

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 28, 2023, 05:39:13 am »

Oh Fluffe Fluffe, sweet scummy Fluffe. I can't be mafia. Doesn't that make you angry? Poof, outplayed doge dog.

So which one of you framed me, you or NQT?
No not at all infact if you could prove your not mafia that would make my overall stress about this be way less.

Im incapable of framing anyone so not me. Also I already said what my actions are and I'm not even one of the guys who originally accused you of being mafia think Toony think!
Well Fluffe, I'm not mafia unless you think I had a partner target me to kill Knightwing. That would probably work. I guess I can be mafia after all. That's the only thing I can think Toony think of.

What do you mean by not one of the guys that originally accused you? This looks like cornered begging.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: April 28, 2023, 05:51:38 am »

To be crystal clear, Toony, are you claiming you tracked Fluffe and that's all you did to Fluffe?
I claimed at day start NQT. The facts have been here the entire day. I would think your next actions over very carefully. You probably won't, because you have been acting rash and impulsive this whole game without thinking like a bumbling oaf, but still...I strongly recommend thinking over your next actions before making any accusations.

You and Fluffe could be on rival scum teams, that's still a possibility. The scum teams would want to take each other out ASAP.

AND WE STILL DON'T HAVE A FRAME-ARTIST

AND WE STILL DON'T KNOW WHY YOU PICKED KNIGHTWING AS YOUR FALL GUY

So stop being slippery and start talking straight
Chill. And you're wrong, on multiple fronts. You need to take a biiiiig deep breath.

Iiiiiiiiiin

Hold it

Hold it

Hold it

Oooooooooooout

Now, doesn't that feel better? Is there any possibility that mafia could be Max/Jim? It would be quite bad if Max is tricking us. It would also explain why a scumteam with you on it wouldn't kill N1, because Max and Jim performed the kills as mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 28, 2023, 05:56:37 am »

Players whose night actions cohere with their claims:

- NQT (I'm not lying to myself, after all)
- Jim
- Max
- Curious Cat

Players who have questions remaining:

- Egan (why did the attack on Jim not go through? Is Jim holding back info? Did KW Crown Jim for some reason? To be clear Egan is probably confirmed town based on Fallacy's flip, though Egan may have been converted since then.)
- Toony (I believe the inspect claim, but claims to have tracked Fluffe which doesn't add up with what I know about Fluffe)
- Fluffe (I believe targeted Egan-- I wasn't sure before but as this is an inference and not the information itself I think it's safe to claim without being modkilled - Fluffe isn't claiming this)
- Juice (targeted me and hasn't claimed this)

So unless Web has made errors in my reports (I've double-checked a bunch of this stuff, so I don't think so), there's something fishy in this half of the player-base.

The reason for the 'seem to be lying' could be due in part to redirection or untrackability in Toony's case, but not in Fluffe or Juice: they would have had to perform unclaimed extra actions (or be hypnotised).

To be clear, Fluffe is still a good candidate to go today.

I'd also like to say that Toony is being condescending and insulting right now, which doesn't endear me towards him! I'm not bumbling. I've been a lot more considered with all this than you know.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 28, 2023, 06:02:47 am »

Sorry, I am being pretty antagonistic. Maybe it's the amount of detectives in the building.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 28, 2023, 06:29:00 am »

Toony does seem to want to appear like they're a bad guy feeling salty about the setup being too townsided:

So many inspects holy shit
Sorry, I am being pretty antagonistic. Maybe it's the amount of detectives in the building.

Toony's actions make sense from a warring scum perspective: he knows the other scum team aren't going to kill Knightwing, but they might kill him (what with the two independent scum inspects on him), so he buses himself with Knightwing and then uses an inspect on Juice and [something] on Fluffe, hoping to sniff out the competition.

Still, let's imagine the alternative scenario where Toony is town:

He looks into Fluffe and Juice as suspects, someone has the ability to frame Toony on N1 and manages to co-ordinate it luckily with at least one other player inspecting him, and Toony decides to bus KW because he's got some paranoid impulse about him which he somehow has very good reasons for not explaining.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's likely that Fluffe and Toony are the remaining scum players, on opposite teams. Juice is probably innocent except there's something weird happening with him targeting me (that might be explained once we see some more flips).

Jim/Max/Curious Cat/Egan: I'd like your input on Toony and Fluffe here.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 28, 2023, 06:45:26 am »

@NQT:
You're right, Master Toony's Ninja Headband is untraceable.

Wait, like, does that mean Fluffe is a liar?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 28, 2023, 06:58:37 am »

I may be just a rash and impulsive oaf but it seems like Toony is being even more rash in his reading of me.

@NQT:
You're right, Master Toony's Ninja Headband is untraceable.
That doesn't help your case! Nobody has claimed to track you. And I've seen you target two different people in this game (myself D1, Fluffe D2) so I don't think this is true.

Wait, like, does that mean Fluffe is a liar?
I'm sorry that big blocks of text are difficult to read. Let me summarise my claims again:

Fluffe and Juice and Toony all have made claims that don't add up. They all could be lying, or some combination with the discrepancy explained by someone meddling with their roles. Toony has demonstrable uttered falsehoods at least three times, of which only one could be explained by other players messing with his role:

1. Witheld bussing information, including why he bussed Knightwing
2. Lied about tracking Fluffe
3. Lied just now about being untraceable

Toony is scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 28, 2023, 07:11:53 am »

Pff, what? I targeted Hector with the headband and inspected you N1. On N2 I technically targeted myself, Knightwing, Fluffe, and Juicebox with Fluffe being the headband.

Also, Mikey was responding to Don, not you.

Toony does seem to want to appear like they're a bad guy feeling salty about the setup being too townsided:
Using my apology to attack me is messed up.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 28, 2023, 07:20:11 am »

Using my apology to attack me is messed up.
Well I appreciate the apology, but you have to see why my eyebrows raised at that second part.

Pff, what? I targeted Hector with the headband and inspected you N1. On N2 I technically targeted myself, Knightwing, Fluffe, and Juicebox with Fluffe being the headband.
This just raises more questions than it answers. This is all a bit besides the point, you claiming to have one untraceable action doesn't change anything of what I said before, it just makes you look worse.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 28, 2023, 11:30:03 am »

Did anyone receive a 1-shot Watch last night?
I did. It cost 2AP right?

Can you drop a few more hints about what the ability is so that A_Curious_Cat can positively identify it? Because it costing 2 AP could be a lucky guess maybe.
It's just a one-shot action I can use at night. The 2 AP cost is the only way I can really prove I have it besides listing the description verbatim. Or you know, nobody else claiming they have it. But I don't think anybody will.

Y'know... I'm not even sure what it does!  Let me ask wuba...
Oh, right. I guess I should explain the watch since I'm just assuming people know what that means.

It's like tracking, but in reverse. I can see whoever visited my target.

Yep!  Looks like a positive identification to me.  You got both the cost and what it does correct!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 28, 2023, 11:46:08 am »

Looking it over with fresh eyes this morning, I think your case makes sense. I don't even believe that there was a bus, just like I don't believe there was a frame. I already know it's possible for abilities to steal something the target would have received.
ToonyMan

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 28, 2023, 11:46:11 am »

Any other stunning revelations people want to add before we're as informed as we're going to get before making a decision?
JIM MAD

No, not really, just looking to get on with things.

Npghnyyl vg'f fbzrguvat shapgvbanyyl rdhvinyrag. V jvyy arire fnl rknpg ebyr vasb va pnfr ebyrf pna fgrny novyvgvrf onfrq ba pbeerpg vasb

:|

wow so cool

Jim... you said you got [REDACTED] from looking at Curious Cat... what were you hoping to find out?

Abilities with Frame tags. It would solve the question of whether ToonyMan was framed, or at least whether somebody had the ability to.

My opinions about ToonyMan and Fluffe9911 haven't really changed since I stated my thoughts yesterday.

The inspection result on ToonyMan on Day 2 has been staring me in the face since Day 2 and especially since Day 3, and without other strong indication to go off of it probably makes sense to go with the guilty result and hope it all works out.

notquitethere's recent posts are pretty decent so this makes it a bit easier to weigh in in this direction.

ToonyMan.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 92