Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 40028 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 3: Dead Penguin Finds Dead Penguin Dead [8 / 15]
« Reply #1320 on: April 28, 2023, 12:14:16 pm »

ToonyMan is brought before the Shoe President.  She is quite displeased by his OBSCENELY RADICAL behavior.

It is influencing the children negatively.  They have already begun purchasing katanas and bo staves.

It is corrupting the youth.  They can no longer listen to the rock and rolling.

It must be punished.

She orders the pizza guillotine forwards, creaking on pepperoni-thin wheels as dangling cheese leaves grease trails in its wake.

“We won’t let you do this, Shredder,” yells a masked mutant turtle.

The Shoe President merely laughs as her disguise falls, revealing a figure in ceremonial Japanese armor.  The figure tries to start monologuing, but is pushed over by a large rat as the monstrous group all kick the former leader of the Foot clan flailing on the ground repeatedly for several minutes.

At that, ToonyMan shouts “Cowabunga, dudes!” and somersault flips out of a window onto a parked car below, causing several thousands of dollars in damage and three broken ribs.  He groans, rolling off and onto a pizza.

Several players are left confused, considering that the entirely AI generated sequence of events had played out as a GIF the entire time they were watching from their computer but

THAT DOES NOT MATTER.

CONTINUE TO YOUR HOMES IMMEDIATELY.

WE ARE NEARLY THERE.

PERHAPS.

ORPERhapsnot

Theyknowmorethanyoudo

Theyarehidingthetruth

Weareatthei

THAT WAS A TEST MESSAGE.

PLEASE RETURN HOME.

Vote Count
------------------------
-> ToonyMan    --5-- notquitethere*, Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*, Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911*,
Fluffe9911     --1-- juicebox*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --2-- A_Curious_Cat, ToonyMan*,

5 to Hammer.

ToonyMan has been executed.

ToonyMan was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mafia).

It is now Night.  Send in those Actions immediately, please.

Role Name:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Alignment:
Mafia

Win Condition:
You win when your team outnumbers or equals the remaining Players, and there are no ways to stop your team.

Abilities:
(Innate) Turtle Power:  You may Choose a new Ability at the start of each Night.  You may automatically use that Ability on a Player of your Choice.  Anytime a Turtle Ability lists an X, it is equal to the number of Turtle Abilities you are using.
Tags:  Turtle,  Evolve

{AP∞} (Night) Michelangelo [target x(2-X)]:  Mikey mixes up your targets, causing other Player’s Actions performing on the target(s) to be performed on the next target instead, until all targets have been mixed up (The Action performed on the last target are instead performed on the first target.)
Tags:  Turtle,  Bus

{AP∞} (Night) Donatello [target]:  Donnie uses his intellect and a few handy gadgets to get some intel on the target.  You can Choose X of the following and Learn it (You may Choose an option multiple times):  The target’s alignment, one of the target’s Action performed this Phase, one of the target’s Abilities, one of the target’s target(s).
Tags:  Turtle,  Learn,  Inspect

{AP∞} (Night) Raphael [target/self]:  Raph Blocks X Actions from the target, starting with the lowest cost.
Tags:  Turtle,  Block

{AP∞} (Night) Leonardo [target]:  Leo helps lead the target, granting them X additional Action Points during the next Night Phase.
Tags:  Turtle,  Motivate

{AP3} (Night) Ninja Headband [target]:  It has a metal plate with a leaf on it.  You discreetly Track your target!  This is one of TricMagic’s Hats.
Tags:  Hat,  Track

{AP2} (1-Shot, Night) Watch [target]:  You Watch the target, Learning the Players that performed Actions on the target.
Tags:  Watch,  Learn
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 12:17:28 pm by webadict »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Night 3: Turtle Power Downed [7 / 15]
« Reply #1321 on: April 28, 2023, 09:10:17 pm »

The lights go down in the city, and the seven remaining Players each make their ways out into the darkness.

notquitethere, naturally, heads towards the city center.  He swipes a card, entering a secluded building as two guards salute him, and proceeds towards the CCTV.  The feed is a little grainy, but it gives him everything he needs.  He places his cup of tea down, pulls out a clipboard, and begins writing down names of those that need to be punished.

The feed finds Egan_BW, Fallacy's RTD Catgirl Sister, mourning over the death of her fallen sibling, digging through the trash for anything that could possibly avenge them.  The nights have been lonelier and colder without them, but she will have her vengeance, and notquitethere makes a note of something she finds.

The feed then switches to juicebox, pushing a large coffee cart down the nearly empty streets.  The smell wafts along the cold November air to the unfortunate few that are there that need a good Caramel Macchiato pick-me-up, and while he does appear to have the proper licensing for night time vending, notquitethere still makes a note that he is selling to unauthorized personnel.

Eventually, the feed catches A_Curious_Cat, as they head towards an abandoned factory.  A look of genuine curiosity sits on their face as they carry a handful of sheet metal into the darkness.  Notquitethere shakes his head as the unlicensed Inventor makes their illicit goods.  That’s definitely going to involve a severe interrogation.

Oddly enough, there’s a distinct lack of anyone else on the feed.  Fluffe9911, Jim Groovester, and Maximum Spin simply cannot be found, no matter what camera he switches to.

As the feed continues to switch between dark streets, the feed stops on a crowd of rioters, heading towards the building.  There’s hardly any time as gunshots ring out on the other side of the door, and notquitethere makes his escape out the back and into the city, looking for any help he can get.

He doesn’t get far.  He finds the rioters rounding everyone up, and that the three other remaining Townies are already there.  Maximum Spin is leading the rioters, looking notquitethere in the eyes.  “Confirmed visual on the target, Sunshine,” he speaks into a small device.  Not too surprising for Every Possible Role Not Present In BYOR 16, but still, to think that his influence spreads this far and wide.  He points the gun at notquitethere and tells him to drop everything he’s got and hand it over.

Notquitethere reaches into his pocket, and as he does, Fluffe9911 takes this opportunity to attack, stabbing notquitethere with three knives held like a cat claw.  Fluffe9911 tsks the watchman, pulling a small device from his pocket.

“Oh,” says Fluffe9911.  “Trying to give away your position?  Who’s gonna help you?”

[3] - Egan_BW moves swiftly, dodging immediate gunfire and deflects a thrown molotov cocktail with her tail.  She runs fast as Jim Groovester begins to fire round after round from his 99 Spy Balloons at the catgirl, but none of his shots seem to hit.  He radios to Max for backup, but Max screams back that JIM is the backup!

Jim rolls his eyes before breaking the control valve on the gas release, and parachuting out of the balloon as it begins to go wild.  As it smashes into the city, it erupts in a large fireball, igniting the city.

A_Curious_Cat quickly makes some armor, throwing it towards notquitethere in an effort to protect him from further harm, but the damage is pretty extensive.  While A_Curious_Cat is certainly a doctor, he’s not really one of those medical doctors, so the effort is a bit wasted.

Jim Groovester lands, but the catgirl is not far behind.  Fluffe9911 throws out a flashbang, blinding the catgirl, but she proceeds, relying purely on her sense of smell.  Maximum Spin takes out a series of throwing knives, unleashing a torrent of blades, but she deflects them on instinct.

Nothing can stop her.  Jim Groovester tries, grabbing a hold of anything he can.  But it’s too late.  Jim Groovester is cut in half.  But he gets a good hit on her.  She staggers over to notquitethere, holding out a set of bandages for A_Curious_Cat.  “Mew… can mewse… this.”  She collapses, bleeding profusely.  Juicebox tries to force some coffee down Egan_BW’s throat, but it seems to have no effect.

The Inventor and Caramel Macchiato go down with their fallen teammates.

And the Town was gone.

So says the Hat Tyrant.

SO SAYS EVERYONE.

ALL HAIL MAFIA 2.

Egan_BW has died.

Egan_BW was Fallacy's RTD Catgirl Sister (Town).

Jim Groovester has died.

Jim Groovester was 99 Spy Balloons (Mafia).

notquitethere has died.

notquitethere was CCTV (Town).

Game Over.  Fluffe9911, Jim Groovester, and Maximum Spin (Mafia 2) Wins.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.
« Reply #1322 on: April 28, 2023, 09:12:24 pm »

booooooo hissssssss

Thanks for the game webadict.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 28, 2023, 09:12:58 pm »

You ever just be a claimed mason, then get superkilled by someone who claims doing so, flip as town, and then watch as the person who claims doing so gets no flak for it at all?

We in deadchat have coined the term 'mass Jimnosis' to describe this phenomenon.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 28, 2023, 09:13:09 pm »

Said to lynch Jim so many times...

Well played Maf 2.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 28, 2023, 09:15:09 pm »

* Maximum Spin high fives Jim

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 28, 2023, 09:15:54 pm »

Giant fucking Google Doc here.
Nice little Spreadsheet for Actions here.

The Night 3 Actions aren't up, but long story short, Egan_BW superkilled Jim, was superkilled, and the NQT was also superkilled.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 28, 2023, 09:17:12 pm »

To be fair the mason claim was Max's idea and I would have never done it on my own.

This was a fun game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 28, 2023, 09:17:44 pm »

Superkills OP maybe?

It kinda sucks that we had Maf 2 pegged on D1 and did nothing about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 28, 2023, 09:17:52 pm »

I don't blame NQT for honest scumhunting..but I was laying it on pretty thick that they needed to vote Fluffe/Jim/Max for town to stay in the game. I probably would have outed myself as a last resort if I realized I was within hammer range, but I was busy after the morning so I wasn't online for it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 28, 2023, 09:18:23 pm »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 28, 2023, 09:19:22 pm »

I enjoyed D1.

It just went downhill quickly from there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 28, 2023, 09:19:39 pm »

At least I destroyed him.

...There were more.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 28, 2023, 09:20:33 pm »

Yeah, this wasn't super unbalanced.  Mafia B got... really, really, really unlucky.  Supernaturally unlucky.  And Mafia 2 got pretty lucky.

Town actually had a few methods to win at the end, too, but required A_Curious_Cat to give juicebox an extra vote OR juicebox to give A_Curious_Cat an extra vote.

Either situation results in the game continuing, since juicebox can ALSO give themselves and/or another Player an extra vote the following Night.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 28, 2023, 09:20:49 pm »

Wooo I won!
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 92