Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47560 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #675 on: April 20, 2023, 10:40:30 am »

Haha oh man if the scum team is literally just Egan + Fallacy + (KW?) and this is a last ditch ploy, then this will be either a very short or a very long game.

If there's any serial killer in the game, you know what you need to do...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: April 20, 2023, 10:42:09 am »

There have been a handful of games on Bay12 where the scum team literally got rolled up completely on D1.

(The most likely possibility is still that Fallacy and Egan are town here.)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2023, 10:43:41 am »

What will be even funnier is if Egan comes into the thread and denies the connection, Fallacy gets eliminated, and then a town Egan gets dragged under the bus tomorrow. Then we'd be playing 4D chess.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - Error Found While Loading Flavor - Requires Reboot
« Reply #678 on: April 20, 2023, 10:48:45 am »

I'm pretty sure I'm town.
[2] My role suggests that the changing of alignment is possible. Which is to say I know I'm town now, but am uncertain whether that will hold true for the whole game.

Do these statements make sense in the context of a mason claim?

'i'm pretty sure i'm town'

If you're a member of a mason pair wouldn't you know you're town? At least at the start of Day 1?

Wouldn't it be kind of bastardly if you knew that alignments could change and you were also a member of a mason pair? Wouldn't that make the point of being masons pretty dubious?

This is literally from the start of the game. I'll keep looking, but I mean, I should be working.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: April 20, 2023, 10:51:27 am »

Yes, I very much wish my partner was more active. Personally I’m hoping for a good burst of activity in the last section of the day.

Jim, as expected, hates the idea of us being masons. Whatever. It’s my claim. It’s the truth. And as scum I would be absolutely horrendously incorrect to attempt a fake claim gambit of that magnitude, because it would be entirely too costly if it failed. Scum just don’t do that.

And at the very least if I do get executed anyways, it’ll confirm Egan.

I'm pretty sure I'm town.
[2] My role suggests that the changing of alignment is possible. Which is to say I know I'm town now, but am uncertain whether that will hold true for the whole game.

Do these statements make sense in the context of a mason claim?

'i'm pretty sure i'm town'

If you're a member of a mason pair wouldn't you know you're town? At least at the start of Day 1?

Wouldn't it be kind of bastardly if you knew that alignments could change and you were also a member of a mason pair? Wouldn't that make the point of being masons pretty dubious?

This is literally from the start of the game. I'll keep looking, but I mean, I should be working.

No comment.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 20, 2023, 10:58:26 am »

Matter of fact Lenglon, you voting me for lurking makes no sense. According to the tracker thing, I’ve posted more then fluffe, so unless you are basing me “lurking” based on the nine hour window of me (Surprise Surprise) SLEEPING, I don’t see your point.
First off. it wasn't a 9-hour period. it was a 17-hour, 35 minute, and 49 second period between your last post and when I voted you, and you had said you'd be more active in said post. Keep your facts straight. Oh, and that post, it was again most of a day between that one and the one before it. You've essentially been a non-participant for 36 hours. of course you got called out for that.
Secondly, Fluffe and Cat are both being given extra leeway because they're new players. You aren't. Of course I'm holding you to a higher standard than them, don't be ridiculous.
Third, Unvote. It's not hard to avoid a policy-lynch. They have nothing to do with if you're read as scum or town, it's simply voting you for a very specific, easy to avoid, behavior.

RESPOND

Also, I don’t agree with your opinion that everyone who doesn’t post a large amount is automatically a scummy lurker, it makes no sense. Even if you are of the belief they don’t contribute to town, that’s still a town member now dead for the crime of being less active then you would prefer.

Frankly, I find what you are doing to be the more scummy behavior.
Wow you're panicky. chill. sheesh. I'm allowed to have a moment of reprieve from insomnia. It's been hard getting any sleep the past couple weeks, now you're upset that I managed a 2-hour nap?

I’m mason partners with Egan_BW. My death will confirm that I’m a mason, thus confirming him as town.
Well now I get to feel vindicated in giving Egan more leeway than I really should regarding inactivity. I was simply going off of Egan's general activity-rate in other forum games that we play together (hint: it's about 1 post/day most of the time, sometimes 1post / 2days) and giving them extra time because of it even though mafia has a much higher activity standard than normal forum games.

Egan: Please confirm FoU's Mason claim.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 20, 2023, 11:14:16 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> FallacyofUrist --4-- Jim Groovester*, Maximum Spin*, Toaster*, A_Curious_Cat*,
Egan_BW           --2-- EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*,
EuchreJack        --2-- Fluffe9911*, ToonyMan*,
juicebox          --1-- notquitethere*,
Lenglon           --1-- TricMagic*,
notquitethere     --1-- hector13*,
Toaster           --1-- Knightwing64*,
A_Curious_Cat     --0--
Fluffe9911        --0--
hector13          --0--
Jim Groovester    --0--
Knightwing64      --0--
Maximum Spin      --0--
ToonyMan          --0--
TricMagic         --0--
No One            --0--

Not Voting        --4-- Egan_BW*, FallacyofUrist*, juicebox*, Lenglon*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 18:00 Central Daylight Time (6 hours and 42 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 20, 2023, 11:19:14 am »

Can we get Egan to confirm the miller claim? I have a few reservations about blindly trusting a claim without the other party being there to confirm. Can we get Web to like, poke Egan or something?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 20, 2023, 11:21:49 am »

Making a claim about being a miller team with someone and them coincidentally not being here to confirm or deny it is a little convenient, Egan showing up and confirming or denying is the pivotal thing, at least, for me right now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 20, 2023, 11:46:20 am »

Mason team, Knightwing.
Although you could certainly have a miller mason team.

I don't believe Fallacy, for personal reasons.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 20, 2023, 11:46:29 am »

.... Was Egan one of the others who said their alignment can't be investigated? Cause that is sus.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 20, 2023, 11:47:06 am »

.... Was Egan one of the others who said their alignment can't be investigated? Cause that is sus.
No. That was FoU and Max
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 20, 2023, 11:50:02 am »

No. That was FoU and Max
Yeah. In my case, I'm... kind of a glitch in reality. An edge case where the rules break down. So you can't look too closely at me or your face will melt, probably.
Sorry for the light, unserious posting, btw, I'm trying not to get too involved before I'm fully awake this time.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: April 20, 2023, 11:55:55 am »

Changing to FallacyofUrist, since that's now the same as voting Egan_BW for not participating.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 20, 2023, 11:57:24 am »

Changing to FallacyofUrist, since that's now the same as voting Egan_BW for not participating.
I'm sorry what?
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 92