Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47569 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #750 on: April 20, 2023, 05:17:47 pm »

Well, Unvote the masons.

Reasonably sure that I'm now dead, so I'll claim just in case it means anything.

Aside from the double vote, I also have a Night Kill.  I'm reluctant to use it, due to limitations, but I have one.

I voted FallacyofUrist in part because I didn't want to Night Kill him, which I was seriously considering.

As for the "voting Fallacy is same as Egan", that simply meant that with Fallacy's claim of Mason with Egan, my voting Egan due to Egan not talking would invariably have meant Fallacy was fake claiming and would be lynched.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 20, 2023, 05:18:24 pm »

Saved claiming the masonry for Day 3

As I explained earlier, masons are more valuable if claimed later. This is because claimed masons are targeted by scum and the longer the game lasts, the fewer players there are, so the stronger the masons are in comparison.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 20, 2023, 05:19:10 pm »

I'm home now.

PPE:
And Jack is claiming.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 20, 2023, 05:22:09 pm »

Alrighty.

Unvote.  I feel sufficiently bad about lynching a claimed mason D1.   I'm still not a fan of Fallacy's play, but the desperation does make a little more sense.

Now, what to do instead?  EuchreJack's play is subpar and I won't miss him if he's the lynch***, but I think KnightWing's a better vote.  He's barely contributed anything of note, and his only vote is on me in response to me calling him out for not voting- and nothing else except apparently I am pretentious.  If that's not scuzzy scum, I don't know what is.

Lenglon:  How's that case on Jim doing?

***PPE:  Oh, there's him claiming.  Mmmmm doesn't change my opinion a lot either way.

Fallacy:
Saved claiming the masonry for Day 3

As I explained earlier, masons are more valuable if claimed later. This is because claimed masons are targeted by scum and the longer the game lasts, the fewer players there are, so the stronger the masons are in comparison.

Yes, I got that.  I meant you came out and claimed mason as opposed to day-*ing someone as a favor to town.  No "Okay town let me prove my townieness, I can * someone, who do you want me to *?" post from you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 20, 2023, 05:26:07 pm »

I'm not sure how likely it is, but I'm vibing a scum team of Jim/Max/EJ/Tric, loosely in that order of how confident I am. Maybe Max first, and Tric only exists in the team because of Jim pushing woeful meta arguments about FoU and Tric, and Max supporting them for some as yet unknown reason, 'cause I cannot fathom a world in which he genuinely buys what Jim is selling here. Associative reads ftw.

Getting into the last 24 hours of the day so... I guess I'd be cool with a Jim/Max/EJ elimination.

Toony instead of Tric? That would be quite the team :|

Maybe reading too much into that unvote, but according to the last Mamobo update before this, Toony was the second of EJ’s two votes,  the biggest wagon was FoU with six and seemed destined to be the one taking us to day end…
I'm not really in favor of a Jack lynch. I voted Jack because I wanted him to be here and wanted him to vote someone (like NQT). I'm not going to cry over a Jack lynch, but I wasn't going to be home until now and I didn't want someone to get hammered while I was away. I still don't like your initial case against Jack but kind of forgot that impression when you backed off and voted NQT instead.

It's your posts like this that make me suspect you.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 20, 2023, 05:26:45 pm »

Gonna eat dinner.  In all honestly, I'll probably just vote whomever isn't me. 
But give me two options, and I'll actually be able to think about it.
And since I have two votes, it's easier for me to have two options.

I do have a third ability, but not sure if worth claiming.  It might explain some of my lousy play, or at least what I was planning.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 20, 2023, 05:28:40 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack  --6-- Lenglon*, TricMagic*, hector13*, FallacyofUrist*, Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911*,
FallacyofUrist --1-- Jim Groovester*,
juicebox       --1-- notquitethere*,
Knightwing64   --1-- Toaster*,
Toaster        --1-- Knightwing64*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
hector13       --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Lenglon        --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
TricMagic      --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --6-- A_Curious_Cat*, EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*, juicebox*, Maximum Spin*, ToonyMan*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 19:00 Central Daylight Time (1 hour and 27 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 20, 2023, 05:35:33 pm »

ToonyMan:
Knightwing looks like town to me.
HOW???  I am flabbergasted that you (or anyone) read this guy as town.
See stuff like this chain of posts.

He looks like a madman babbling to himself. I don't believe Knightwing is aligned with anyone. I think I'm pretty accurate when it comes to Knightwing.

Gonna eat dinner.  In all honestly, I'll probably just vote whomever isn't me. 
But give me two options, and I'll actually be able to think about it.
And since I have two votes, it's easier for me to have two options.

I do have a third ability, but not sure if worth claiming.  It might explain some of my lousy play, or at least what I was planning.
Hector is emoting playfully (example using the :| face) which I think is a scumtell of his. I know earlier you said you didn't want to suspect him because he was the only one pressing you, but now the whole playerbase is pressing you Jack and I don't really like how easy that was after the FoU/Egan mason claims.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 20, 2023, 05:42:10 pm »

I just remembered NQT said Day 1 would inevitably end with a Hector lynch, fuck me. I still want to vote this way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 20, 2023, 05:45:11 pm »

So we got:
FallacyofUrist --1-- Jim Groovester*,
juicebox       --1-- notquitethere*,
Knightwing64   --1-- Toaster*,
Toaster        --1-- Knightwing64*,
hector13 --1-- ToonyMan

...yeah, I'm gonna need at least two people on someone, otherwise I might as well just say "fuck mafia, glad I'm out, please still win town"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 20, 2023, 05:45:23 pm »

I don't like this end of day at all.
Nobody is even defending Jack. He'd have to be with ToonyMan (DOUBT) or, idk, Toaster. Maybe Jim or NQT, but DOUBT.

I'm not sure I can even do complete sentences right now, and I feel like TricMagic, so let's do something weird and TricMagicy... uhhhh Toaster
Although that Fallacy train sure did fall apart quick. I'll be gunning for you tomorrow if you don't shape up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 20, 2023, 05:46:05 pm »

Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 20, 2023, 05:46:48 pm »

Yeah, I'd like to see the wagon that both Max and Knightwing are on. Toaster

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 20, 2023, 05:47:55 pm »

For the record, that puts the following reasoning of voting me:

Knightwing:  How dare you ask me to vote
Maximum Spin:  #yolo
EuchreJack:  I don't want to die

Does this look reasonable to you?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 20, 2023, 05:49:52 pm »

Uh Max, why didn't you join Toaster in voting Knightwing?

@Jim: You need to vote someone that ain't Fallacy.  Hell, even voting me would should some sort of commitment.
No "Oops, I forgot to vote Jack, I'm so so sorry that town lynched town"
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 92