Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47311 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 2: Bloodbath [10 / 15]
« Reply #1020 on: April 23, 2023, 11:17:54 am »

So we're looking at something like this (the exact composition might be off, but it's roughly this):

Confirmed Unaffiliated Town
NQT
Toaster (DEAD)
TricMagic (DEAD)
EuchreJack (DEAD)

Mason A
Jim
Max

Mason B
Fallacy (DEAD)
Egan

Scum A
Lenglon (DEAD)
Toony ?

Scum B
Fluffe9911 ??
juicebox ??

Probably Town?
A_Curious_Cat
hector13
Knightwing64

Probably there are some horrible roles that will muck up this, but in theory this should be winnable for town.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 23, 2023, 02:38:48 pm »

Fluffe seems to be panicking a bit, not sure if that means they’re Toony’s partner or Lenglon’s though. Or, indeed, juicebox’s. That’s why I think they’re more likely scum than KW.
I was going more for an authoritative loud tone then a panicky tone although its text so cant blame ya for not picking that up.

Also for the "1 scum outed in Toony by 2 investigations, one of which was Egan." that is no longer the case since inspects apparently can fail or be downright wrong which makes them pretty terrible honestly this is why pretty much everyone including me unvoted them.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 23, 2023, 02:57:27 pm »

Inspects can be wrong if there is a power that targets them. There's basically three ways this can happen:

- someone targeted Egan and Curious Cat and messed woth them (this has been basically ruled out)

- a global power messes up all inspects (likely to be a 1-shot if it did exist, but if it was there, then why was Toony's inspect result true? Toony can't have known for sure I wasn't third party)

- someone targeted Toony to frame him (possible but seems unlikely)

Unless anyone else has an extraordinarily claim to make, Toony is the best candidate to go today.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 23, 2023, 04:07:07 pm »

Ah ok, back to the Toony train then

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 23, 2023, 04:10:18 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> ToonyMan    --3-- notquitethere*, Fluffe9911*, Knightwing64*,
hector13       --1-- ToonyMan*,
Maximum Spin   --1-- Egan_BW*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
juicebox       --0--
Knightwing64   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --7-- A_Curious_Cat*, hector13, hector13, hector13, juicebox, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin*,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on April 26, 2023 at 19:00 Central Daylight Time (~74 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 23, 2023, 04:41:03 pm »

It's very possible.

Two separate players (Egan and Cat) inspected me on N1, it would not involve much foresight for a mafia player to frame me alongside their other actions. Worst case nobody inspects the player (me) that everyone is going to inspect on N1 because this is what happens to me every game.

If I remember correctly Toaster received a mafia result on a town player during BYOR15, it didn't go well for town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 23, 2023, 04:46:12 pm »

Who is with Lenglon?

The Hunt

Which players are not possible?

Egan - they were masons with FoU and confirmed town with each other, FoU died and flipped town

Which players are not very likely?

Max/Jim - these two claim being masons with each other, Max claims killing Lenglon, Max and Jim also being mafia with Lenglon seems extraordinarily unlikely
NQT - I have a town result on NQT, NQT can't be with Lenglon unless my result is false

I'm going to remove these from the list, process of elimination leaves:

Curious Cat, Fluffe, Hector, Juicebox, and Knightwing.

I'm going to look at these five players today.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 23, 2023, 06:04:49 pm »

- someone targeted Egan and Curious Cat and messed woth them (this has been basically ruled out)

How was it ruled out?  I’m not saying I believe you or not, I’m just curious because I don’t know whether my result on Toony was correct or not.  If you could expound on this (and preferably provide links to relevant posts in this thread) it might help me in coming to a conclusion.

This, too.  Why is it unlikely?

Also, I’m curious about something…

Mamobo, can we get that lurker tracker thing again?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 23, 2023, 06:28:12 pm »

If someone visited me to change my results, then they did so while untrackable. Or they were juicebox doing two different things to me, I guess. I know this because I received a list of people who visited me.
This person or maybe an ally would had to have also visited you. This is all technically possible but it would be a lot of stuff happening just right for our enemies.

Targeting Toony to frame him seems more possible. Though I'm not really experienced enough to say how common such an ability would be.

I'm still standing by my result and consider Toony outed mafia.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 23, 2023, 06:44:44 pm »

If someone visited me to change my results, then they did so while untrackable. Or they were juicebox doing two different things to me, I guess. I know this because I received a list of people who visited me.
This person or maybe an ally would had to have also visited you. This is all technically possible but it would be a lot of stuff happening just right for our enemies.

Targeting Toony to frame him seems more possible. Though I'm not really experienced enough to say how common such an ability would be.

I see.  I think that’s enough for me to vote ToonyMan then, unless he can come up with something really convincing before the day ends or he gets hammered.

Also, is that why you asked people if they targeted you?  To see if they’d slip up?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 23, 2023, 06:48:11 pm »

Yes.
I don't expect Toonyman to come up with anything. He's already claimed he doesn't know why the result is like that, and it would be strange for him to change his mind on how much information he has at this stage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 23, 2023, 07:12:04 pm »

I checked, in BYOR15 Toaster got a mafia result on IcyTea (who was masons with 4mask or something) but one of the mafia had framed IcyTea the night before. It was FoU/Nirur/Jim/Leafsnail I don't want to dig through the logs on which one exactly did it.

The point is I would argue it's fairly common because even the previous entry in this series had it happen.

Spoiler: Quote from BYOR15 (click to show/hide)

Brain Power: High

I see.  I think that’s enough for me to vote ToonyMan then, unless he can come up with something really convincing before the day ends or he gets hammered.
You can think whatever you want. I just don't want town to lose when I'm dead.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 23, 2023, 07:41:55 pm »

I'm writing a big post

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 23, 2023, 08:07:18 pm »

I'm writing a big post

While you're doing that would you mind elaborating on this for me please?

ToonyMan, sell me on hector13. My gut says I don't like this lynch despite my misgivings about him during Day 1.
I can't give a detailed case, there isn't enough time. I think he's the most suspicious player based on their votes and behavior. I'm not going to blame FoU for claiming late, but it didn't help when my top suspect became someone I didn't want to vote in a 15 player game.

I want to get a clearer understanding of what your case on hector was

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 23, 2023, 09:19:17 pm »

The Time Has Come And So Have I

Lenglon Partner Debacle
Curious Cat, Fluffe, Hector, Juicebox, and Knightwing

#108 - Hector asks Lenglon not to be third-party. Lenglon asks Hector, Tric, Jack, Egan, Max, Jim, Toaster, and Fluffe some questions while voting Jack.

Lenglon's first post where they ask a bunch of silly questions. Doesn't mention Juicebox or Knightwing, but I don't think it tells much.

#118 - FoU votes Lenglon because their fake one-shot infallible day inspect told them Lenglon is mafia, amusingly accurate.

Hector joins FoU in #119 while Curious Cat questions FoU's reasoning in #120. Cat is willing to vote Lenglon if FoU can convince them.

#122 - Lenglon unvotes Jack and votes FoU screaming OMGUS. Lenglon responds to Hector's question and demands that Cat vote FoU or themself with the hint that they are scummier.

Goofy interactions with Cat, more serious response with Hector. Lenglon was also acting really goofy with FoU so I think this makes Cat look better and Hector worse.

#131 - Lenglon demands Cat vote FoU or themselves again.

#134 - Lenglon presses Cat again.

#135 - Cat finally gives in and votes Lenglon as the more suspicious of the two.

This exchange looks pretty weird. I don't really like it.

#136 - Hector switches their vote from Lenglon to Cat for their "over-cautious play voting Lenglon".

Hector seemingly feeling the same way I just did.

#138 - Lenglon demands that Cat explain why they're scum.

It keeps going. Lenglon and Cat continue to argue.

#157 - Cat says they're suspicious of FoU and Lenglon.

This is the point where I join the game properly. I agree with Cat in #164 that FoU and Lenglon were behaving weirdly, turns out this was the correct assumption because FoU had joined a loverschat with Lenglon.

#168 - Knightwing joins the fray asking about hats, Lenglon doesn't want to talk about it. Knightwing responds, confused.

Knightwing looks genuinely confused here. I really doubt Knightwing is mafia in the first place, but with Lenglon is even less likely.

#171 - Lenglon gets all creepy with me.

I wish they had roleplayed more.

#188 - Lenglon likes Max.

#200 - Lenglon likes FoU.

#211 - Lenglon interacts with Fluffe for the first time. Lenglon gives advice to Fluffe on what they should be doing on Day 1.

Mildly suspicious of this. I think it's relatively common for scum to give "advice" to each other.

#214 - Fluffe wonders what Lenglon's RVS questions were about and if they were genuine.

#249 - Juicebox gives their first substantial post. They like Lenglon and give them some positive compliments. They think there's one scum inside Max/FoU and don't like Jack.

Suspicious points to Juicebox here.

#268 - Cat asks Lenglon for a really good reason why they should unvote them or if they should leave their vote on Lenglon for the time being.

Weird question, it's so naively innocent.

#273 - Lenglon gives a readslist. Lenglon is suspicious of Curious Cat for "falling for their trap" and says if they were a vet they'd think Cat was scum. Nullread on Fluffe. Nullread Hector. Juicebox is likely town but not enough content to be comfortable. Nullread of Knightwing "who?".

So if I order these five players it's something like this:

Town
Juicebox
Hector/Fluffe/Knightwing
Curious Cat
Scum

It's difficult to tell who Lenglon is hiding here, do they put their partner at an extreme or do they nullread them?

#273 - Same post, Lenglon PPE's by giving Cat advice and voting Max.

Lenglon is giving advice to Cat just like with Fluffe, it's a bit more substantial than with Fluffe.

#276 - Cat unvotes Lenglon, but says they'll "keep my eye on you Lenglon".

I want to make a joke here but I won't.

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)

Not much to tell here yet. This will be more interesting at end of Day.

#296 - Hector is content with Lenglon and thinks I should have Lenglon higher in my own reads.

This is suspicious from Hector.

#318 - Lenglon responds to Hector and Fluffe both asking why Lenglon asked weird RVS questions in their first post. Lenglon admits they were mostly shitposting. Then they vote Knightwing for lurking.

Really not seeing Knightwing as a partner still.

#359 - Lenglon unvotes Knightwing because they're participating.

#360 - Cat follows suit and also unvotes Knightwing for the same reason.

#361 - Lenglon jokingly tells Cat maybe there's two scumteams fighting each other.

Infamous post. It is pretty weird that Cat mentions there being two "cliques" which is what made Lenglon make the joke in the first place.

This is when a lot of bullshit between FoU and Tric happens. I still can't believe FoU would argue with me about Tric not being town.

#430 - Lenglon points out that Max and Jim seem to be on the exact same wavelength (or team) and are making nearly identical arguments.

I should have noticed this. I feel stupid.

#438 - Lenglon jumps back on Curious Cat for not participating.

Again, hounding Cat specifically.

#476 - Lenglon appears voting Jim and defending FoU. Gets really mad at Jim.

I'm only including this because they dropped their Cat vote very fast here without addressing it.

#507 - Fluffe expresses how uberly confused they are over the FoU/Tric firefight.

Fluffe is very sidelinely to the whole affair, unlike Lenglon who is directly involved.

#558 - Fluffe thinks Hector is more trustworthy than Jim no contest simply because Hector avoided most of the Tric/FoU firefight while Jim did not.

I don't think this is very good reasoning.

#562 - Lenglon gives Fluffe their summary of the arguments going on so far.

Lenglon helping out Fluffe. Just re-reading the FoU/Tric part feels awful.

#563 - Lenglon tells Fluffe to ask Jim/Max/FoU/Tric to give their own summaries of the cases, so Fluffe literally does exactly that.

This is pretty lazy from Fluffe.

#566 - Juicebox doesn't believe Fou's case on Tric is really genuine and gives a bunch of points why.

I like the effort given here even if it was wrong. I came to the same incorrect conclusion so.

#584 - Lenglon picks Knightwing as their top lurker lynch, followed by NQT and Jack.

Pretty good reason not to suspect Knightwing here.

#593 - Lenglon tells Cat they should ask Max and Jim what "managing town" means.

#614 - Lenglon points out that Cat may have unintentionally revealed they have an inspection ability or nightkill. They also mention the possibility of there being false inspect results.

This was exactly on the money. Cat claimed an inspection result on N1. I have no idea why Cat would do this besides inexperience.

Lenglon themselves might have revealed their partner has a frame ability by mentioning false inspect results.

I think the big take away here though is that this makes Cat look pretty good. I don't see Cat being partnered with Lenglon based just from this exchange.

#637 - Lenglon posts an updated readslist. They have Cat and Fluffe in the same boat as probably town but scummy if they were veterans. Is suspicious of Hector but just keeps their eye on them. Resigns themselves to Juicebox being town. Votes Knightwing for lurking.

New order is now:

Town
Juicebox
Hector/Fluffe/Curious Cat
Knightwing
Scum

Juicebox is still top town out of the five. Hector and Fluffe don't move anywhere. Curious Cat goes up and Knightwing does down.

#639 - Knightwing shows up and gets mad at Lenglon.

#680 - Lenglon argues with Knightwing. Unvotes Knightwing.

#820 - Day 1 end is approaching. Lenglon thinks Jack is likely town based on the votes piling too fast. Lenglon still prefers a Jack lynch over a FoU lynch, but would swap to Jim in a heartbeat.

This all makes sense based on what we know. It's amusing that Lenglon says they think Jack is likely town while also voting Jack.

#840 - Lenglon rubs their chin over the sudden Hector wagon forming. Gives the excuse that if it didn't have people they didn't trust on it they might hop over.

Last post from Lenglon. This makes Hector look bad.

Day 1 ends.

Hector, Fluffe, and Juicebox are voting Jack with Lenglon.
Curious Cat is voting Hector.
Knightwing is voting Toaster.

I think Cat and Knightwing look good here.

I think Hector, Fluffe, and Juicebox look bad here.

Conclusions?

Knightwing
1. He is off in his own little world.
2. Lenglon wants to policy-lynch him constantly.
Verdict: TOWN

Curious Cat
1. Many, many interactions with Lenglon.
2. Let slip they probably had an inspection ability, which Lenglon points out.
3. Did not vote with Lenglon during EoD1.
Verdict: TOWN

Fluffe
1. Hasn't really done anything.
2. They have the least amount of evidence that they're with Lenglon.
Verdict: SUSPICOUS BUT PROBABLY NOT WITH LENGLON

Hector
1. Hector showed content with Lenglon.
2. Lenglon seemed reluctant to vote Hector during EoD1.
Verdict: LIKELY LENGLON PARTNER

Juicebox
1. Lenglon held a high opinion of.
2. Voted with Lenglon during EoD1
Verdict: LIKELY LENGLON PARTNER

ToonyMan, sell me on hector13. My gut says I don't like this lynch despite my misgivings about him during Day 1.
I can't give a detailed case, there isn't enough time. I think he's the most suspicious player based on their votes and behavior. I'm not going to blame FoU for claiming late, but it didn't help when my top suspect became someone I didn't want to vote in a 15 player game.

I want to get a clearer understanding of what your case on hector was
I can do that. I got distracted Day 2 by...other things going on.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 92