- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 24070 times)

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 13 - WAR
« Reply #525 on: June 08, 2023, 08:30:18 pm »

Nul
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:45:32 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 09, 2023, 12:27:46 am »

Thanks.

Tip, you need to mention in the order that you bring the wolf crystal to B2.
I'd send more than two armies; at least 4, maybe more. That big G is a giant and it counts for three armies. The wolves will join you, but if the giant survives the first round and kills one wolf, the other wolves flee and that would trigger the rest of your units to retreat.

Also don't forget to send some scouts.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 09, 2023, 02:44:14 am »

So are we taking Owain down or what? I feel like people with 2x castles should be expected to provide 2x forces.
(It is worth noting that a cat will destroy the village, but compared to the destruction of Owain this is a small loss)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 09, 2023, 03:09:31 am »

I feel like people with 2x castles should be expected to provide 2x forces.

I agree.

So are we taking Owain down or what?

Seems like not this turn. My understanding is that Quarque and Kashyyk want to capture another castle/expand more first. Which is fair enough, it'll be a nice boost of power to deal with him. It's a bit of a gamble, because once he rolls k12 it becomes tremendously more expensive to take him down. But until that happens, it's not too bad of a situation and an extra castle would help.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 03:15:00 am by Criptfeind »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 09, 2023, 04:53:19 am »

It is lucky that we have a week to figure this mess out.

(It is worth noting that a cat will destroy the village, but compared to the destruction of Owain this is a small loss)
I think I read somewhere that a cat only transforms the terrain type, but does not destroy features like villages / mines.

Seems like not this turn. My understanding is that Quarque and Kashyyk want to capture another castle/expand more first. Which is fair enough, it'll be a nice boost of power to deal with him. It's a bit of a gamble, because once he rolls k12 it becomes tremendously more expensive to take him down. But until that happens, it's not too bad of a situation and an extra castle would help.
The K12 risk is a good point. If he attacks the village at M11, same problem. And then there is the possibility that he might attack a village that is next to a new reprisal.

It is a bit frustrating for me to have to delay the Selkie Court after preparing for multiple turns, but I'm willing to give Owain priority, under one condition. I want us to take him out in one go. All of us will gain +29% reprisal. That is bad enough, but if we have to attack him again next turn and face a high reprisal rate for multiple turns, that would be awful.

By my calculations we need about 70 units, including a cat, to have a very high certainty (roughly around the 95% range) to do that.

I feel like people with 2x castles should be expected to provide 2x forces.
Reasonable. If the people with 1 castle send 10 units each and the people with 2 castles send 20, we're at 70 total. (Horizon can't send units yet because he doesn't border the rest of us.)

I would be down.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 09, 2023, 05:08:06 am »

I think I read somewhere that a cat only transforms the terrain type, but does not destroy features like villages / mines.
You're right, but a village is a terrain type not a feature. That's why players can stick a fort on their village.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 09, 2023, 05:13:51 am »

It is lucky that we have a week to figure this mess out.
Wait, what? Did NQT mention this in another thread, or did I finally lose the ability to read?

Mines and forts, but not villages or forests:
TURN 10 REPORT

as you can see my village became a swamp, but my fort did not.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 11 - PEACE
« Reply #532 on: June 09, 2023, 05:17:04 am »

It was easy to miss, but see here:
I'm going on another holiday on Wednesday, for a week this time. I'll have a laptop but I'll probably have better things to be doing with my time, so you'll all have a little break then. [snip]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 09, 2023, 07:45:20 am »

It is a bit frustrating for me to have to delay the Selkie Court after preparing for multiple turns

This is totally understandable, and I am willing to wait, I do think it's riskier to wait, but not unduly so.

If the people with 1 castle send 10 units each and the people with 2 castles send 20, we're at 70 total. (Horizon can't send units yet because he doesn't border the rest of us.)

I would be down.

I'm totally down for sending 20 dudes. I'll throw in my cat as well, if people are up for it.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 09, 2023, 08:54:08 am »

Orders amended. Sending more armies.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 09, 2023, 09:58:36 am »

Operation exterminate giant hopefully will be a success

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 09, 2023, 10:51:08 am »

Nul
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 05:27:47 pm by Horizon »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 09, 2023, 11:18:03 am »

I've got major jet lag and am waking at 5am every day, so if players do get their act together and post their turns I will almost certainly have time to process it. Half of you have got tentative orders down. Let's make the other half happen.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 09, 2023, 11:29:00 am »

I'm happy to smack Owain about, but I've also promised to help with the Selkie Court.

Unless we do 31 hits in the first round (after biting the First Strike with +1 from the Squelsh), then Owain and his army will retreat. I don't mind that, as we'll have crippled his forces, but worth noting.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 09, 2023, 11:36:29 am »

Yeah, sorry, I'm still a bit confused about if we're fighting Owain, it seemed like a no at first, but then now seems like it might be a yes? And I'm afraid of hammering in a incorrect order on that front, I was planning on waiting until the 36 hour mark then just inputting an alternative turn, but I can start working on an alternative turn now

I'm happy to smack Owain about, but I've also promised to help with the Selkie Court.

Unless we do 31 hits in the first round (after biting the First Strike with +1 from the Squelsh), then Owain and his army will retreat. I don't mind that, as we'll have crippled his forces, but worth noting.

Yeah, that's why we're trying to pull in 70+ units, to one shot him. If I put in 20, and you put in 20, then we get ten each from Quarque, a1s, and VermilionSkies, we'll be at that 70 number, and should crunch him up good. Certainly if Quarque is okay putting off the Selkies for a turn that'd be okay with you?

It seems like everyone is close to the same page here, especially if we can get a confirmation if vermilionskies would be interested in this.

Although vermilionskies might not be 100% necessary, if, for instance, I put in 26, and then Kashyyk did 22, and Quarque and a1s put in 12, that'd pretty much get us there, so we don't need skies confirmation.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 11:39:45 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 52