- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 24138 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 15 - SCREAM
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2023, 04:10:52 am »

The Selkie Court still has 31/31 hits in the unique site list.

Also, according to the battle report we only dealt 10 damage to the walls, but I think it should be 17? We went in with a total of 23 units +2 from the cape and every hit was a 5+, so after killing 8 seals there was 17 damage left to be absorbed by walls.
I can see why you would think that but walls aren't damaged on an 8+. We had a whole poll about this.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 15, 2023, 05:00:39 am »

I hope we can reconsider the way this works in the next game *grumble*. The current rules make no sense at all. For monsters, defending a castle makes them far more vulnerable than being out in the open. And if you attack a castle with a keep, bringing lots of siege weapons means you deal no damage at all.

Anyway, there is a special location at D5 missing in the unique location list.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 05:02:33 am by Quarque »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 15, 2023, 05:37:29 am »

Sorta a special case scenario so I figure it's worth asking: Is it guaranteed that territory containing a village from dissolved players (IE: L14) will have the normal village roll of 1d4-1 Squelsh barbarian units defending? Or is it possible that something else moved into the power vacuum?

Also I'm not sure if this is a hidden mechanic or not so I figured I'd ask. Bryn the Brawn is described as "will wage war to retake any squares adjacent to his castle" does that mean that if I take a square next to his castle, in the following enemy phase him and his family will come to take it back? What happens if I take multiple squares adjacent to his castle at once?

Does the Cave of the Night Scream not get the traditional 2d6 gold that lairs gets by the way? It's not included in the turn or map, but it is called a "Lair" in it's description so I thought that there's at least a chance it was an oversight during the excitement of the bats, but seems like it'd be reasonable either way.

(Sorry if any of these questions seem like they have obvious answers by the way, especially the Bryn one :P. I've learned not to trust my instincts on what the obvious answer to questions in games are :P)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 05:39:40 am by Criptfeind »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 15, 2023, 05:48:59 am »

Questions:
Should I own the forest at K7 or did something horrible happen to it too?
Does the Black Trotter's grand tusk making abilities only come from the one unit, or the whole army?
We already discussed this, but I can't find where: how do boars interact with sieges? do they attack twice? do they attack first?
How does Shield of the Earth  interact with tanglebats? Does the side with the shield count as "protected"?
Cn a scout be used to release cats out of the cat bag near your enemies? Are cats and bats on the same team?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 06:51:19 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 15, 2023, 05:54:30 am »

The J6 thornish fort attack there and killed your armies and wolf that you sent there last turn during the enemy phase.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 14 - REVENGE
« Reply #605 on: June 15, 2023, 06:19:12 am »

orders:
March 10 + wolf on L6
March 3 on L14
Scout L14-K14-L13
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 02:38:35 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 15, 2023, 07:45:02 am »

I hope we can reconsider the way this works in the next game *grumble*. The current rules make no sense at all. For monsters, defending a castle makes them far more vulnerable than being out in the open. And if you attack a castle with a keep, bringing lots of siege weapons means you deal no damage at all.
I agree, and that's why I suggested a change earlier in the game but the it wasn't unanimous among players so I kept it as-is for this game. There are wall-damaging siege engines available if you get a siege workshop (there are two ways of doing so, I think one has yet to be revealed). Think of the basic siege engines as ladders: they're not increasing the chance of damaging the walls at all, and enough of them may even bypass it. Some places you just have to siege, and you'll be pleased that that's the case if you yourself are ever beseiged.

Anyway, there is a special location at D5 missing in the unique location list.
Fixed.

Sorta a special case scenario so I figure it's worth asking: Is it guaranteed that territory containing a village from dissolved players (IE: L14) will have the normal village roll of 1d4-1 Squelsh barbarian units defending? Or is it possible that something else moved into the power vacuum?
All mystery rolls are within normal parameters. There'll be 0-3 barbarians.

Also I'm not sure if this is a hidden mechanic or not so I figured I'd ask. Bryn the Brawn is described as "will wage war to retake any squares adjacent to his castle" does that mean that if I take a square next to his castle, in the following enemy phase him and his family will come to take it back? What happens if I take multiple squares adjacent to his castle at once?
Not meant to be hidden, so the question is fine: he'll try to retake it in the enemy phase, attacking the troops that just took the land, but if you take more than one, he'll pick one to retake at random, and try attacking one tile per turn until he has his land back.

Does the Cave of the Night Scream not get the traditional 2d6 gold that lairs gets by the way? It's not included in the turn or map, but it is called a "Lair" in it's description so I thought that there's at least a chance it was an oversight during the excitement of the bats, but seems like it'd be reasonable either way.
Sure, why not. I'll stick some gold in there when I get a moment. Least I can do given the horror it causes.

Questions:
The Thornish attacked and took it back in the enemy phase. You lost troops and a wolf, so make a note of that:

[J6] Grows in size and the soldiers march on K7, with Perfidy's Horn! The wolf turns hostile!
The Thornish holdout, Thornish holdout, Thornish holdout and Thornish holdout attack first (6, 4, 2 and 8), killing one of your armies, and the wolf.
Your armies attack (5), defeating one of the enemies (Thornish holdout).
The enemy attacks back (3, 7 and 8), killing one of your armies. Your armies have been defeated.
Your total losses: two armies and wolf. The Thornish all withdraw to their fort.

Does the Black Trotter's grand tusk making abilities only come from the one unit, or the whole army?
One unit. Specifically, the one with the Trotter.

We already discussed this, but I can't find where: how do boars interact with sieges? do they attack twice? do they attack first?
How does Shield of the Earth  interact with tanglebats? Does the side with the shield count as "protected"?
Cn a scout be used to release cats out of the cat bag near your enemies? Are cats and bats on the same team?
Boars attack first twice in all situation. Shield of Earth puts up a wall and would prevent new tanglebats from spawning. Scouts can release cats on enemies and then run away, though keep in mind that hostile cats will ally with monster units so they would be on the same team as the bats.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 15, 2023, 08:11:38 am »

Not meant to be hidden, so the question is fine: he'll try to retake it in the enemy phase, attacking the troops that just took the land, but if you take more than one, he'll pick one to retake at random, and try attacking one tile per turn until he has his land back.

Sorry for wording my first question probably pretty badly :P. I was wondering about the split, but also if his family will come with him on the attacks, or if they stay behind in his castle as a defensive force.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 15, 2023, 08:23:42 am »

[Known Unique Sites]
A11 is the Selkie Court (Castle with Keep, Moat x 3!) 31/31 defence
This still needs to be adjusted (we did deal 10 damage to the walls).

The Golden Net is listed under artifacts as owned by prince fitzHarbort, but they traded it to me.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 15, 2023, 09:37:00 am »

Sorry for wording my first question probably pretty badly :P. I was wondering about the split, but also if his family will come with him on the attacks, or if they stay behind in his castle as a defensive force.
Oh his family will attack as well, yes. Also, they won't attack out if their castle is under siege.

This still needs to be adjusted (we did deal 10 damage to the walls).

The Golden Net is listed under artifacts as owned by prince fitzHarbort, but they traded it to me.
Sure, now fixed.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 15, 2023, 12:23:15 pm »

Alright, here's my rough plan: This turn, I'll march on the Nest with one soldier and the skeletons Criptfiend has pledged to send me. Next turn, if people send me stone, I'll wall it up.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 15, 2023, 01:13:20 pm »

I'm sending skeletons around to Elephant and a bit around my own lands this turn, so they'll be busy, but if people still need them next turn they'll be up for mercenary work, although of course, hopefully Horizon will rent out the archers stand for some bat clearing as well.

Spoiler: Turn 12 gains/losses (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Marquess Ambrosio Vulk (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Turn 13 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 03:01:42 pm by Criptfeind »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 15, 2023, 02:44:58 pm »

Criptfiend, still interested in borrowing the Wolf Crystal for a turn? For two skeletons (this turn) I will let you keep all four of the wolves.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 15, 2023, 03:07:23 pm »

No, not that I don't think that's a fine deal. Just that... well. I like skeletons more then wolves. Sorta dumb, I know. But yeah. Also I wasn't really planning on attacking wolves this turn, I could change my plans but yeah, wolves are not critical and I do have a lot of guys tied up in attacking Q9 and the bat cave this turn.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 15, 2023, 04:17:03 pm »

Fair enough. Kashyyk, are you able to send any further aid this turn? If not I understand, but in that case I would like the ship back, please.

How long do we have until the deadline?

in case the deadline hits, a few Orders:
Build 5 siege engines
Continue the siege of the Selkie Court with:
 - 1 ship carrying 5 armies and 5 wolves
 - 1 boat carrying 3 armies
March on D12 with 1 army and the Rhuddy Cape
March on A15 with 1 army, 5 siege engines and 5 wolves
March on D10 with 1  with 1 army
Garrison castle Bockelstein with 1 army.

Spoiler: Bockelstein (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 10:13:58 pm by Quarque »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52