Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10362 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2023, 07:50:52 pm »

"Good to meet you."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2023, 10:26:13 pm »

"I'm Commander Deer.  This will be Team Green.  I'm going to be a bit straight with you, and just get down to business."

"I see you've both chosen casters, and they both have good skills in Aid and a fairly broad division of abilities other than that, with the exception of a weakness in Senses."

"Do you have any ideas as to how you see them working together?"

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2023, 10:34:57 pm »

"I intend to turn Han more toward a Defender role, as while she is effective at Casting, she shows more promise with Courage than Harmony overall. Corra, Walter's choice, seems more suited to a pure-Caster or Caster-Invoker skillset. I expect that they will both be effective at range, while Han makes sure that assailants cannot reach their position fast enough to actually strike at them. Besides that, both seem like they will get along on the basis of their psychological profiles."
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2023, 11:42:12 pm »

Well, seems like the naming scheme is, uh, 'colored environmental feature'. Do with that what you will, Commander.

Roland remembers his new coworker, someone as equally uncool as him. No more, no less. He would be certain she was a clone of him created in some freak photocopier accident if that wouldn’t be far too cool to happen to either of them.

“Diamonds can be artificial, and the White Diamonds where one of the teams that made history. Actually something artificial might fit better since we arn’t using naturally born Maidens anymore.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2023, 04:09:40 am »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Prologue: Formation of the ARM Teams

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Excellent, it seems you have finished selecting your ARMs. You can finish the team naming exercise later and send me your chosen team name. Now one last thing for the Handlers: you will be required to provide a name to your assigned ARM as part of the standard activation procedure.

Team Scarlet Star
Commander: Ray Lanceheart
[Unnamed] GZ-2187 INVOKER (Handler: Natashia Argis)
[Unnamed] GY-2296 DEFENDER (Handler: Johnathon Smith)

Spoiler: GZ-2187 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GY-2296 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)

Team Green
Commander: Charles Deer
[Unnamed] XH-2111 CASTER (Handler: Jocelyn Alabaster)
[Unnamed] AC-2621 CASTER (Handler: Walter)

Spoiler: XH-2111 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AC-2621 CASTER (click to show/hide)

Team 3
Commander: Aleksei Vasilyevich Belov
[Unnamed] CI-2921 INVOKER (Handler: Sarah Finch)
[Unnamed] JX-2344 CASTER (Handler: Roland Thompson)

Spoiler: CI-2921 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: JX-2344 CASTER (click to show/hide)

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: We should receive the ARMs by the end of the day. Once reception has been confirmed, the Handlers will be able to meet and familiarize themselves with their assigned ARMs. Handlers, we will move to a different room to review and prepare for the arrival of your ARMs. Chief Commander, I will leave the Commander's briefing to you.

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Thank you Officer Valie. Let us be brief, then. Each Commander will be in charge of their team's own budget, which starts at a miserly 10000 Ecuras (EC). Our monthly approved budget barely covers the bare necessities, so you will need to rack up achievements and obtain more funds to install and maintain respectable facilities. You have a few days to review and allocate your starting funds, after which operations will begin.

That is all. Dismissed.

Spoiler: Operational Costs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Facilities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Downtime Activites (click to show/hide)

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Prologue: Meeting the ARMs

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Girls, welcome to the NRCPF 4th ARMS Division. GZ-2187 and GY-2296 will be part of Team Scarlet Star. XH-2111 and AC-2621 will be part of Team Green. And finally CI-2921 and JX-2344 will be part of Team 3, which has yet to be given a name. Next I will introduce you to your future Handler.

Three pairs of young girls in NRCPF uniform enter the meeting room. The central pair stands out more than the rest, being as tall as Chief Operator Lia Valie, while the other two pairs as small even for girls their age. They are ARMs, and as the rumors said the 2nd Generation is physically indistinguishable from a human. Only their perfectly loyal demeanor seems to indicate their true nature.

Starting from the left, each girl introduces themselves.

The girls of the first duo introduce themselves in an earnest fashion.
"GZ-2187. I will do my best!" starts a small girl with brown eyes and short gray hair.
"GY-2296. It's an honour!" adds the girl of similarly small stature with silver eyes and medium-length white hair.

Then the tall girls of the second team follows-up with simultaneous calm and confident introductions.
"XH-2111. Awaiting orders." says a very tall girl with silver eyes and medium-length indigo hair.
"AC-2621. Let's get to work." continues the girl with beige eyes and blond hair reaching to her neck.

Finally the last duo finishes their introduction in a completely asymmetrical fashion.
"CI-2921. Striving to improve." begins a small girl with ocean blue eyes and short platinum hair.
"JX-2344! Ready to rain HELL on the Phantasms!" concludes a small girl with emerald green eyes and short light green hair.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: I will leave the rest to you Handlers. Do not forget to conclude the procedure by giving a name to your assigned ARM. Ah one last thing before we part. For now the ARMs will be temporarily lodged at the barracks of the 2nd Guardian Squad while they are on a sortie. The ARMs quarters will be ready by the end of next day.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 06:01:03 am by Nakéen »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2023, 11:11:11 am »

Cmdr. Belov submits paperwork for the establishment of the team.
In and around the 'name' field, several options have been messily handwritten and then struck out:
Red Bulls

White Claw
White Russian
White Power?

White Wedding???
  Red    "

Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster
Pink Floyd?

Beneath these, Gunmetal Rose is circled.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2023, 01:52:44 pm »

"Roland Thompson. Nice to be working with you."

Roland offers the girl a handshake.

"As for your name uh..."

He kind of thought she was going by 'Julie Xian', and thus didn't come prepared with an actual name.

"...Jeannie Xian works, you think?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2023, 02:08:16 pm »

Walter gives AC-2621 a nod in greeting. "From now on you'll be operating under the name Raven-621. Let's see our mission through." Despite his heavily scarred visage, and slightly impersonal greeting, Walter seemed calm and confident, ready to work with his new ARM.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2023, 02:56:13 pm »

"Roland Thompson. Nice to be working with you."

Roland offers the girl a handshake.

"As for your name uh..."

He kind of thought she was going by 'Julie Xian', and thus didn't come prepared with an actual name.

"...Jeannie Xian works, you think?"

The petite girl with green eyes goes to shake Roland's hand energetically, a stark constrast with the Handler and his aura of fatigue. Her hand seems so small compared to Roland's.
"Understood! I will now go by the name of Jeannie Xian. I'm honoured to make your acquaintance, Handler Roland!"

Walter gives AC-2621 a nod in greeting. "From now on you'll be operating under the name Raven-621. Let's see our mission through." Despite his heavily scarred visage, and slightly impersonal greeting, Walter seemed calm and confident, ready to work with his new ARM.

The tall girl with blond hair nods back at Walter, her face is unflinching.
"Very well Handler Walter. Raven-621, awaiting orders."

Cmdr. Belov submits paperwork for the establishment of the team.
In and around the 'name' field, several options have been messily handwritten and then struck out:
Red Bulls

White Claw
White Russian
White Power?

White Wedding???
  Red    "

Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster
Pink Floyd?

Beneath these, Gunmetal Rose is circled.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Team Gunmetal Rose, noted.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:00:40 pm by Nakéen »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2023, 03:28:56 pm »

"Team Scarlet Star has its budget mapped out. Any input, Handlers?"

Purchase Decent Canteen (-2000 EC)
Purchase Decent Quarters (-2000 EC)
Purchase Decent Recreation Room (-2000 EC)
Purchase Decent Landscape Area (-2000 EC)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2023, 04:37:41 pm »

Jocelyn steps forward to her charge. She is easily a head and a half shorter than both ARMs on Team Green, but her posture and uniform make her position clear.

"Salutations, Xili Han. We will be beginning training soon, but due to the ongoing construction, today, you may feel free to familiarize yourself with the base. Going forward, your callsign shall be Malakim-12. Do you have any questions?"

...despite the tone of her voice being in line with that of her fellow handler on the team, the pitch still makes her sound like she should be the one receiving a new callsign.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2023, 04:57:02 pm »

Jocelyn steps forward to her charge. She is easily a head and a half shorter than both ARMs on Team Green, but her posture and uniform make her position clear.

"Salutations, Xili Han. We will be beginning training soon, but due to the ongoing construction, today, you may feel free to familiarize yourself with the base. Going forward, your callsign shall be Malakim-12. Do you have any questions?"

...despite the tone of her voice being in line with that of her fellow handler on the team, the pitch still makes her sound like she should be the one receiving a new callsign.

The tall girl with indigo hair maintains a professional posture, her unflinching gaze looking ahead.
"No questions, Handler Jocelyn. Malakim-12, ready for training."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 06:01:11 am by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2023, 06:23:09 pm »

"Baretta Scarlet. Welcome to the team, we'll be getting to work very soon."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2023, 06:49:08 pm »

"Hello, Carla. I hope to be with you every step of the way."
Sarah smiles at the ARM.
"Do you have any preference for what you'll be called, or is your template's designation to your liking?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2023, 07:24:45 pm »

Any special facility requests from my handlers?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21