Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10800 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2023, 08:47:49 pm »

"Team Scarlet Star has its budget mapped out. Any input, Handlers?"

Purchase Decent Canteen (-2000 EC)
Purchase Decent Quarters (-2000 EC)
Purchase Decent Recreation Room (-2000 EC)
Purchase Decent Landscape Area (-2000 EC)

Quote from: msg
Well rounded facilities are a good investment, but it will mean that it will take us a little longer to begin training.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2023, 09:12:32 pm »

Roland wonders why everyone else is including random letters in their names. He wonders if he either missed a memo or if the others have already gone through a dozen ARMs using the same name for each, adding one at the end to keep score or something. I get Raven numbers come from her designation, but why 12?

Any special facility requests from my handlers?

Ugh. Boss is trying to get me to do his work already. Let’s blow him off.

Roland looks at his communicator with tired eyes.

“The Commander sends his warm regards, he’s glad to be working with you and wonders if there is anything particular you need.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2023, 09:19:04 pm »

Deer, C, commander of Team Green.

That sounds good.  With that in mind, I do have one idea.  Since they're good at aiding, we could build on that, and have one boost the other, to use the best skills together.  So I plan on building some facilities to boost casting ability, or the ability to assist each other, soon.

Hmm.  This is a tight budget, there isn't enough for a full set of healing facilities.  I'd better prioritize the areas where the team is the most vulnerable.. they're strong in some areas, but Love is weak.  If they take a Love wound, it'll need healing immediately.. without delay.  There are also some Life 1s.

I should also build something so they can recover from wounds without surgical intervention.  Give them some tests they can risk safely, without worrying about being harmed, and can recover easily.

Lastly, I should build to their strengths.  That would require a training facility.. for either Casting or Aid.  They both have untapped potential, and potential without a way to raise it doesn't seem that useful, so..

Build a Low-Grade Decontamination Sphere (1000)
Build a Low-Grade Surgical Unit (1000)
Build a Decent Quarters (2000)
Build a High-Grade Combat Simulator (4000)

I think that'll do for now.  There's still 2000 left, and should be enough to cover for a recreational or healing facility if needed after the first mission.  I can fill out the rest of the basics after one dip, when they'll probably need them.

-edited in response to feedback-
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 01:11:59 am by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2023, 09:20:20 pm »

"Baretta Scarlet. Welcome to the team, we'll be getting to work very soon."

The girl with gray hair answers with a chipper, cheerfully leaping.
"Baretta Scarlet... Thank you for my name, Handler Natashia! I will treasure it!"

"Hello, Carla. I hope to be with you every step of the way."
Sarah smiles at the ARM.
"Do you have any preference for what you'll be called, or is your template's designation to your liking?"

The girl with platinum hair answers calmly, without blinking.
"Hello Handler Sarah. I look forward to working with you. May I take it that my future designation shall be Carla?"

Roland looks at his communicator with tired eyes.

“The Commander sends his warm regards, he’s glad to be working with you and wonders if there is anything particular you need.”

Jeannie Xian didn't expect for her Handler to ask about a request she may have. A bit hesitantly, she replied:
"Oh! It is an honour!... And, if I may... may I ask for a flowerpot with flowers for my room? I swear I will take good care of it!"

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2023, 09:23:29 pm »

"If you wish. The Commander is taking requests for any facilities you desire, as well."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2023, 09:36:39 pm »

Hey. Don’t get too excited. I’m just delegating a task delegated to me.

“It’s up to the Commander, but it can’t hurt to ask.”

Any special facility requests from my handlers?

“Flower pot, flowers, and the things flowers need to live for the room.”

"If you wish. The Commander is taking requests for any facilities you desire, as well."

Roland glances his coworker, wondering if she is using the opportunity to delegate as well or if she simply believed his white lie. It would be surprising enough for any of these commanders to actually say hi, let alone to get the ARMs input on their budget.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2023, 10:45:15 pm »

Quote from: msg
Well rounded facilities are a good investment, but it will mean that it will take us a little longer to begin training.
Ray rubs his chin in genuine thought. He hadn't really been thinking in terms of improving the ARMs. More like keeping them running as cost-efficiently as possible.

"Noted, Handler. However, low grade training facilities are worthless for advancing skills to reasonable levels. I believe they'll require significant investment to prove useful."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2023, 10:47:15 pm »

The girl was confused, and took a moment to think of how to reply.
"It is of no importance to me. Regarding the matters of my name, and of appropriate facilities, I will leave it all to your expertise."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2023, 10:57:24 pm »

Build a Low-Grade Decontamination Sphere (1000)
Build a Low-Grade Surgical Unit (1000)
Build a Decent Recreation Room (2000)
Build a High-Grade Learning Accelerator (4000)

>Commander, if I might make a few suggestions, as our ARMs are - at least currently - primarily Casters, they would likely benefit more from quarters than a recreation room, as the former helps them maintain the proper Harmony levels. Second, it may be useful to instead construct two medium-grade learning accelerator, or one learning accelerator and one combat simulator. This would allow us to be training both ARMs at the same time, and while their combat capabilities may not benefit as much from training to rank-3, they have many non-combat abilities that could be quite efficiently addressed by such training.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2023, 01:11:14 am »

The quarters suggestion should be fine, and I'm happy to make that change.

I do disagree with you on making two medium-grade training facilities, however.  A higher-grade training factility doesn't only have a higher cap for effectiveness, it is able to train an ARM more quickly and for less money, and it is still capable of training an ARM in lower level skills.  At the end of the day, though, although secondary skills are important, I consider primary capabilities to be more important.  I think that, at the core of it, we need to have the capability of improving our ARM's primary strengths and abilities.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2023, 01:42:09 am »

"Welcome Capella Scarlet, to the Scarlet Star. My name is Johnathon Smith and I will be your handler. I hope you find your name to your liking, and if I may ask if you have any requests to accommodate you?"

"That looks good to me, Commander."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2023, 06:33:09 am »

"Welcome Capella Scarlet, to the Scarlet Star. My name is Johnathon Smith and I will be your handler. I hope you find your name to your liking, and if I may ask if you have any requests to accommodate you?"

"That looks good to me, Commander."

The girl saluted with extreme earnestness.
"Thank you Handler Johnathon! It is an excellent name! I have no request I can think of, sir!"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2023, 05:23:41 pm »

With his underlings having been entirely unhelpful, Cmdr. Belov decides to splurge on a Decent Quarters, Decent Landscape Area (with plenty of flowers), and High-Grade Combat Simulator.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2023, 08:32:25 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Briefing

(The day passed, the Handlers helping each ARM familiarize themselves with the layout of the 4th Division's base. The next morning, the Commanders of the 4th are summoned to the command room by the Chief Commander.)

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Good morning Commanders. I hope the ARMs have adjusted well to their new environment. Alright, let's cut to the chase: the 4th has received new orders from the NRCPF High Command. Due to our ARM teams lack of operational history, HC has decided to be easy on us by giving us low-priority tasks: Apparition clean-up, recon and support, a minor decontamination request, and some civilian relief. No Spectre extermination task yet, and let's be grateful for that.

Before I forget. Chief Operator Valie has prepared a refresher course on the operational dangers ARMs may encounter, as well as the structure of mission subphases. Do have a look afterwards.

AVAILABLE MISSIONS

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: First up is an Apparition Extermination order. Team Crystal Wings of the 2nd Division will be fighting a C-Class Spectre in the vicinity of Aumacha City. The Guardian Squads of the 2nd should be able to handle it, but help from our ARMs will ensure Team Crystal Wings can focus on the Spectre.

Quote from: Mission Specifications
Danger Level: Medium
Difficulty Range: 4-6
Reward: 5000EC
Goal: Eliminate all the Apparitions in the combat zone.

Phase 1: Defeat the 1st Apparition Wave.
Phase 2: Defeat the 2nd Apparition Wave.
Phase 3: Defeat the 3rd Apparition Wave.

Main skills:
1. Any combat skill

Useful skills:
1. SENSE (variable)
2. AID (variable)
3. CLEANSE (SOUL)

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Next up is a recon mission in Green Area H32. Our ARMs are to sweep the area for any precursor signs of Contamination. Elimination of hostiles is not mandatory. In the likelihood hostiles were to be encountered, avoid confrontation if possible.

Danger Level: Low-Medium
Difficulty Range: 2-6
Goal: Search for precursor signs of Contamination.
Phase 1: Scan the first area.
Phase 2: Scan the second area.
Phase 3: Scan the third area.

Main skills:
1. SENSE (SOUL)
2. SENSE (variable)

Useful skills:
1. PUZZLE (MIND)
1. Any combat skill

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Third up is a simple relief mission. Balyon City has recently been hit by several D-Class Specter attacks, and although there were no civilian casualties, the city still suffered damage and the morale is low. We have been requested to send an ARM team to support the relief efforts.

Danger Level: Low
Difficulty Range: 2-4
Goal: Assist in relief efforts.
Phase 1: Reassure the population.
Phase 2: Assist in reconstruction.
Phase 3: Assist in taking care of the injured.

Main skills:
1. EMPATHY (HEART)

Useful skills:
1. AID (LIFE)
1. LABOR (LIFE)

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Last up is a Decontamination order near Balyon City. The recent D-Class Specter attacks have caused an increase in Contamination levels in the areas around Balyon City. Some Apparitions have started congregating as a consequence, they will need to be cleared before proceeding with decontamination.

Danger Level: Low-Medium
Difficulty Range: 4-6
Goal: Decontaminate the area
Phase 1: Assess Contamination levels.
Phase 2: Defeat any Apparition.
Phase 3: Decontaminate the area.

Main skills:
1. CLEANSE (SOUL)
2. Any combat skill

Useful skills:
1. SENSE (variable)
2. AID (variable)

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "Good morning Commanders, Handlers. I have prepared some materials for you to review."

Spoiler: Danger Level (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wounds and Flaw Limit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 02:20:56 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2023, 08:39:38 pm »

Your team status have been added to the second post for your viewing pleasure.
More rules have been added to the first post.

4TH DIVISION ARM TEAMS

Team Scarlet Star
Commander: Ray Lanceheart
[Baretta Scarlet] GZ-2187 INVOKER (Handler: Natashia Argis)
[Capella Scarlet] GY-2296 DEFENDER (Handler: Johnathon Smith)

Spoiler: Team Budget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Facilities (click to show/hide)

Team Green
Commander: Charles Deer
[Malakim-12] XH-2111 CASTER (Handler: Jocelyn Alabaster)
[Raven-621] AC-2621 CASTER (Handler: Walter)

Spoiler: "Malakim-12" XH-2111 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Raven-621" AC-2621 (click to show/hide)

Team Gunmetal Rose
Commander: Aleksei Vasilyevich Belov
[Carla (temporary)] CI-2921 INVOKER (Handler: Sarah Finch)
[Jeannie Xian] JX-2344 CASTER (Handler: Roland Thompson)

Spoiler: "Carla" CI-2921 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Jeannie Xian" JX-2344 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 02:21:10 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21