Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78885 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2023, 03:51:19 pm »

Hmm. Defensive first vote, rolefishing, and a computer.
Defensive?  How so?  Regarding rolefishing, is that necessarily a mafia thing to do?

Question to you, why vote Max when you're literally get nothing out of them day 1?
He's a dangerous player who's hard to read.  My vote was half-RVS and half-expression of my wariness.  Plus, a little pressure has never hurt anyone, haha.

@sofa:  Why do you not wish to determine my alignment?
I very much do!  I wish to determine everyone's alignments, but the feasibility of that is questionable.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2023, 04:01:37 pm »

Also, the only reason I'm not voting for sofanthiel is because I'm waiting for them to post more so I can analyze them more.
You can always unvote!  I would recommend that you do vote.

Anyone else while you wait for sofa?  You can even point out why you think someone is Town, if no one seems like scum.
Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Don't be afraid to vote. It would take 9 people to actually hammer, if hammers were a thing. Your vote is a weapon and a tool. Assuming you aren't voting Jim anyway, and that somehow got a reaction out of him.

Ninjad. Question to Crystal, who do you think is towniest right now, with the limited data at your perusal.
To both questions: I think Webadict is the towniest because of the fact that they seem helpful to me.
Hmm. Defensive first vote, rolefishing, and a computer.
Defensive?  How so?  Regarding rolefishing, is that necessarily a mafia thing to do?
Role fishing is considered a scum move because the mafia would know who to target. Also, I'm pretty sure we have this kind of talk before
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2023, 04:04:29 pm »

Imp: it's just math. Lets pretend there's five players instead of 18 so that the numbers are easy. two are maf, three are town. If one is lynched at random, there's a 40% chance it's maf, 60% chance it's town. Now lets pretend that one of the town has a daykill. If they use the daykill at random, there's a 50% chance it's maf, 50% chance it's town. As a result, the daykill is better than the lynch.

Your logic works only if you pretend that the given townie in the situation has control of the lynch as well. They don't. That's the problem. the scum will always have some influence on the lynch, and no single townie (ignoring vote-manipulation) is able to take complete control of the lynch the way they control their own kills. If they could then the math would change to become as good as their personal kill-action had been the entire time.

In this situation, IF Jim is town and IF the number of scum is picks an arbitrary number 7, then there is a 7/18 chance that we lynch correctly, but a 7/17 chance Jim daykills correctly. It's not much better odds, but they are better simply because Jim can exclude himself from consideration, but the lynch targets indiscriminately.

I personally would save the kill for later, when we have better information and can improve the odds, but that's Jim's decision, not mine. My vote is on him because I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is, and if it gets me killed so be it. I'd be disappointed at not getting to play the game out, but what happens, happens.

Imp: Why did you decide to roleclaim? Is it just to ask for protection and request for the scum to leave you alive?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2023, 04:13:01 pm »

Just checking in so I don't be seen as lurking, too many posts and too many questions and formatting is hell on mobile so, I will answer when I could finally get on a computer.

My role allows me to evolve into a different role that allows investigative abilities with a hint of being able to kill under certain conditions
I will be inspected as town, and my current ability makes me die very easily until I am aboe to evolve to the next role. Maybe too vague, but I don't exactly want to give too much away when it's much harder to format and create sentences while not on PC.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2023, 04:15:14 pm »

Just checking in so I don't be seen as lurking, too many posts and too many questions and formatting is hell on mobile so, I will answer when I could finally get on a computer.

My role allows me to evolve into a different role that allows investigative abilities with a hint of being able to kill under certain conditions
I will be inspected as town, and my current ability makes me die very easily until I am aboe to evolve to the next role. Maybe too vague, but I don't exactly want to give too much away when it's much harder to format and create sentences while not on PC.
That just means you die a kitten before you become a lion. Throwing out role info day one is usually not a wise idea, even if I end up doing that so often.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2023, 04:15:34 pm »

I feel like there's a decent chance at least some players here would shoot themselves if the kill action is self-targeting.

Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2023, 04:23:02 pm »

Elephant Parade
Weird question: I don't suppose anyone has a day inspect? If they do, it'd enable something funny.

I don't, right now, have such a wonder.  Yet, I wonder, how would you recommend someone use it, to enable this funny whatever?

I find myself remembering that !!FUN!! can be flaming here, and the long ago 'imp of pranks' who was empowered to make sure death was funny indeed.  What kind of fun might we expect, if someone day-inspects however you suggest?
They day-inspect one of the claimed millers, Webadict strips the miller's role, someone night-inspects the miller. A Mafia -> Town result means they're definitely town. But having thought about it a little more, it probably wouldn't be worth it, especially since the night inspect would still be vulnerable to framing and redirects.

Why would you put up a SHOOT ME NOW sign like this?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2023, 04:26:29 pm »

I will be inspected as town
Why did you put it like this?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
[RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2023, 04:28:27 pm »

BlackHeartKabal, Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, hector13, Imp, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, Secretdorf, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, Lenglon, ToonyMan, TricMagic, EuchreJack, webadict:

Welcome to my exiting new Roll to Dodge game, The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties! You have been invited, and attendance is mandatory!

You are a brave posse of adventurers who have undertaken the quest of climbing the Tower and braving its many floors and challenges to obtain the Shiny Thing at the top, which can grant any one wish! Naturally, some of your traveling companions probably plan to stab you in the back and claim the prize for their own! They might even be cultists, planning to use the wish for nefarious means!

To proceed, you must pass by the Blind Guardian, an angel who looms over the tower's sturdy gate. The angel has eyes, she just doesn't bother using them.

"Halt." she cries, like a thousand seagulls screaming for french fries, "You must state your Class to proceed."

Remember to bold your actions.

Spoiler: RTD rules (click to show/hide)

"Hi everyone"
The Angel waves you closer.

Egan_BW: if you were designing a mafia role for this game, what would it look like?
The Blind Guardian makes a plaintive gesture.
"It is not my Role to play god. If I must, though, I would give the Traitor something strong. For is it not their role to define the proceedings?"

Egan_BW: If someone claims to be a catgirl, they're probably an SK. Do you agree with this statement?
"Cattes are famously murderous creatures. Girls, well, it depends." The Guardian smiles at you with a mouth full of fangs.

As for the second portion, yes, the ability does seem to not be powerful at first, but then are you suggesting that you would want to be the target?  Certainly, I would think not.  This is a powerful ability specifically because it removes the role (not the wincon, silly geese), and the power differential between a player with powers and one without is disheartening.  One is liable to be incredibly disappointed if hit by this ability.  It is a partial removal from the game they signed up for.  It allows me to simply say that someone is no longer allowed to have fun.  That isn't something I feel should be in my hands, not because I wouldn't use it correctly, but because the correct usage of it is to kill enthusiasm in the target.

I think you underestimate the ability.
Gathered among the others, the penguin fibs. For the god of this world grants no creature on the ground nor in the sky nor in the sea the ability to kill Fun. Will the other adventurers gathered at the entrance to the tower catch this lie, or let it slide?

I would have shot either of the two three people voting me before my first post because that would've been the funniest way to start the game but I only resisted because that would have been mean.
You get the distinct feeling, tickling at the hairs on your neck, that you should go ahead and shoot. These ruffians won't show you the same mercy if you stay your hand. And what do you owe them anyways, Jim Groovester?

Egan_BW: Do you think you'll be killed tonight?
"Is that a threat, little one?~"

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2023, 04:29:49 pm »

Is this a power or are you just trolling?

"Is that a threat, little one?~"
No, it's an RVS question.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2023, 04:35:39 pm »

I step forward in response to the Guardian's demand and then give my answer to the demand for my Class
"I'm a modern mage, here to climb the tower to prove myself and help my friends achieve their lifelong dreams. What can you tell me about the trials we are likely to face on this journey to the top?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2023, 04:37:28 pm »

I feel like there's a decent chance at least some players here would shoot themselves if the kill action is self-targeting.

Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.
I can't believe I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia. Oh well, I guess claiming protector and miller is still a little suspicious
she/her

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2023, 04:39:03 pm »

I am a Knightwing Class. Now lemme in plz

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2023, 04:41:02 pm »

Role fishing is considered a scum move because the mafia would know who to target. Also, I'm pretty sure we have this kind of talk before
If my role PM is anything to go by, this game seems exponentially more complex than that. :P

"You must state your Class to proceed."
I approach the guardian and exclaim, "I am an officer of the law; I demand passage!"
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2023, 04:41:27 pm »

To proceed, you must pass by the Blind Guardian, an angel who looms over the tower's sturdy gate. The angel has eyes, she just doesn't bother using them.

"Halt." she cries, like a thousand seagulls screaming for french fries, "You must state your Class to proceed."

Remember to bold your actions.
"ummm I'm an ANT. Can you tell me if you were a protector, who would you protect?"
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 207