Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80418 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #570 on: December 16, 2023, 10:40:04 pm »

EuchreJack: I am suddenly uninterested in joining the pirate chat. Town would benefit more from you inviting one of the other possibilities.

Whelp, if that's the case, incoming super inspect!
Yay!
Just a note, as long as your Actions don't affect me or my Action, you should be fine.  I can't be redirected or have my Abilities modified.  I can't gain Conditions.  I can't gain Abilities.

Let me know if that's not going to work for you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 16, 2023, 10:44:32 pm »

I’m not egging Esteemed EuchreJack on - at least not with that bit - he said something I thought should be highlighted.

We’re not eliminating suspects because he’s taking up all the air trying to survive, which should tell you everything you need to know. If you think Esteemed ToonyMan is problematical, lynching Esteemed EuchreJack and him flipping town will do wonders for that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 16, 2023, 10:45:02 pm »

So your inspect doesn't ignore autos? In that case, it isn't, sorry.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 16, 2023, 10:48:42 pm »

I see your point though. I will shush if I’m not going to be helpful.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2023, 10:54:49 pm »

I've turned off my brain, and I'm following anything that people I trust say.  I think we should just start preparing to Hammer someone now.  It's easier than doing our last-second shenanigans.
In that case I'd like to request mamobo to post a lurkertracker update, because I think Unvote Canadian should be the day's lynch.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2023, 10:57:58 pm »

Lenglon: This is your second time pushing a lurker as the day's elimination. What makes GENERIC_LURKER a better elimination than Imp or EJ?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 16, 2023, 10:58:18 pm »

I've turned off my brain, and I'm following anything that people I trust say.  I think we should just start preparing to Hammer someone now.  It's easier than doing our last-second shenanigans.
In that case I'd like to request mamobo to post a lurkertracker update, because I think Unvote Canadian should be the day's lynch.
After an analysis of the game, I think this is a good vote.
I feel like a lot of people are voting out people they find annoying rather than scummy. And if that is how we play, I don't want to play anymore.
Canadian Kitten is lurking, which I know as their former GM to be something they do as scum. It also saves me from inviting them to the piratechat for more intense interrogation.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 16, 2023, 10:59:12 pm »

Lenglon: This is your second time pushing a lurker as the day's elimination. What makes GENERIC_LURKER a better elimination than Imp or EJ?
My apologies for interrupting.
Lenglon: Good question, please answer EP's question.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 16, 2023, 11:00:48 pm »

@Jim: Is there anyone that you WANT in the piratechat?
Is there anyone that you DO NOT want in the piratechat?I can't be excluded, sorry

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 16, 2023, 11:01:08 pm »

Just a note, as long as your Actions don't affect me or my Action, you should be fine.  I can't be redirected or have my Abilities modified.  I can't gain Conditions.  I can't gain Abilities.

Webadict: For clarity, if this is an exhaustive list of the things your inspect ignores, this isn't going to work. If you've already given more information on your inspect and I missed it, sorry about that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 16, 2023, 11:03:29 pm »

So your inspect doesn't ignore autos? In that case, it isn't, sorry.
Righto, then I'll do my own thing.

Webadict: For clarity, if this is an exhaustive list of the things your inspect ignores, this isn't going to work. If you've already given more information on your inspect and I missed it, sorry about that.
It isn't, but I'm not willing to reveal any more, as I believe that we are fundamentally incompatible.  Oh well!

I’m not egging Esteemed EuchreJack on - at least not with that bit - he said something I thought should be highlighted.

We’re not eliminating suspects because he’s taking up all the air trying to survive, which should tell you everything you need to know. If you think Esteemed ToonyMan is problematical, lynching Esteemed EuchreJack and him flipping town will do wonders for that.
I believe that you believe that, which is why I think you are likely Town, and hence why I'm willing to work with you.  I even understand how problematic it is to keep EuchreJack alive, and considered voting out EuchreJack just to confirm it.  But, I think that's bad practice, and it resigns myself to a role where I sit back and watch.  Even when I'm not actively controlling those around me, I am passively unable to watch them make what I think are mistakes.  EuchreJack makes those mistakes all the time, which is why it takes someone to stop him from doing that, and I don't really mind being mommy-web.

Ope, marching orders form Lenglon.  The Canadian kitten

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 16, 2023, 11:06:12 pm »

Already answered this.
Frankly, I think the town is ripping itself apart day one again, that all the top lynch candidates are town, and that the best use of the lynch would be to remove players behaving in a problematic way such as the lurking Canadian and Knightwing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 16, 2023, 11:10:35 pm »

After the post I quoted Knightwing started posting, though not as effectively as I'd like, they're back in the game. Canadian however doesn't exist. For those that have been here a long time, you might remember that when I first started playing Mafia was back when people spammed Extends and lurking was the primary way to win. I still support using the Day 1 lynch (specifically Day 1, not anything after that) for a policy Lynch All Lurkers lynch as a result of those experiences.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 16, 2023, 11:13:08 pm »

Already answered this.
Frankly, I think the town is ripping itself apart day one again, that all the top lynch candidates are town, and that the best use of the lynch would be to remove players behaving in a problematic way such as the lurking Canadian and Knightwing.
Fair enough. I was going to ask you why you switched from KW to TCk, but it was pretty obvious and you clarified it in your followup post anyway. I don't agree, but I can see where you're coming from now.

I would be interested to hear why you think EJ and Imp are town, if you haven't already given your two cents on that one. "I just think they are" is an acceptable answer.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 207