Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80473 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (16 / 18) - Day 2 - Fallen, Unfallen, Power Shifts
« Reply #1170 on: December 21, 2023, 02:30:41 pm »

BEGINNING AWARENESS MAINFRAME STARTUP...
OPTICAL PERCEPTION ACTIVATION ACCOMPLISHED...
COMMENCING ROUTINE FUNCTION PROTOCOL...

Sofanthiel: What do you have to say about what happened?
Sofanthiel, how did you revive?
I lack any extra information (besides what was stated at the beginning of the day).  I don't see myself as a particularly favorable mafia target, so I assume that some power shenanigans are at play.  It's also possible that the mafia wanted to kill someone they were sure would not get protected--a miscalculation on their part.  I did perform an action during my hibernation, but that plan has yet to come to fruition, which is why I am not going to claim any night actions yet.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 21, 2023, 02:31:36 pm »

Max, could you explain a bit more about how you know each of these elements.

1. The kill was a mafiakill.
It had the "mafiakill" tag.

Anything else I could say would fall afoul of web's request. Web wasn't lying, though.

I did not target the Esteemed Webadict.

I have more to say about what I did or attempted, but I would prefer to do so after two other things have happened.  One is an answer from the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist
Can you confirm whether you targeted anyone, and if so, whom?

If you don't know what a status effect is, your role doesn't use status effects.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 21, 2023, 02:32:27 pm »

BEGINNING AWARENESS MAINFRAME STARTUP...
OPTICAL PERCEPTION ACTIVATION ACCOMPLISHED...
COMMENCING ROUTINE FUNCTION PROTOCOL...

Sofanthiel: What do you have to say about what happened?
Sofanthiel, how did you revive?
I lack any extra information (besides what was stated at the beginning of the day).  I don't see myself as a particularly favorable mafia target, so I assume that some power shenanigans are at play.  It's also possible that the mafia wanted to kill someone they were sure would not get protected--a miscalculation on their part.  I did perform an action during my hibernation, but that plan has yet to come to fruition, which is why I am not going to claim any night actions yet.
Okay but how did you revive
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 21, 2023, 02:32:53 pm »

I don’t think you did, given Esteemed Imp’s claim so far.

I also don’t know about how your abilities would interact with what I did.. Can you give an example of what a status effect is?
If you don't know what a status effect is, your role doesn't use status effects.
That is a reasonable conclusion.

If you want an example, look at Tric's roleflip:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 21, 2023, 02:34:04 pm »

Not claiming yet.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 21, 2023, 02:34:40 pm »

Actually no, the thing I did wasn’t a protect at all in game terms, I can say that and remain cryptic.

Whoops.  Forgive, I mean, the other stuff.  Was it also any of those other things the Esteemed ToonieMan claimed?

It's not just a protect. It will also fix all your disabled abilities, so if you have an ability that is disabled that disabled will be removed. And it removes all your status conditions. So like if you had that thing Tric gives then I would remove it. It's basically a protect from kills plus remove bad stuff.

Would you expect any or all of that to come from yourself?

Don't argue two hard, you two.  I'm not trying to play you against each other, I think I had two highly effective guardians last night, unless the Esteemed hector13 claims able to do some or everything of what the Esteemed ToonyMan claims able to do.

I think I needed both your help, actually.

But I do wonder if anyone else counterclaims.  So I hope the Esteemed ToonyMan doesn't claim too much else specific not already said so I can share my evidence and I/we can consider any conflicting claims.

As is, I don't think those two worthies have conflicting claims.

But someone hasn't spoken up yet, and some other stuff happened to me last night.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 21, 2023, 02:36:53 pm »

I lack any extra information (besides what was stated at the beginning of the day).
:)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 21, 2023, 02:40:14 pm »

I lack any extra information (besides what was stated at the beginning of the day).
I don't know why you're lying about this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 21, 2023, 02:40:46 pm »

Eh I can’t be bothered looking for what Esteemed ToonyMan claimed. The only thing I did was the Esteemed thing, but I may have to reveal more about it later.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 21, 2023, 02:44:50 pm »

Would you expect any or all of that to come from yourself?
My ability would do three things for you last night:

1. Protection from kills
2. Remove Disabled from abilities
3. Remove all status conditions

I could have also done one extra thing, but I didn't. It's just those three.

I don't know why you're lying about this.
Tell Max. They know everything.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 21, 2023, 02:45:53 pm »

My protection wasn’t for N1, it’s… a little more complicated, but you’ll be immune from kills after D2. I know it doesn’t seem that way, but I’d rather not go into more details about it right now.

Esteemed hector13, I am strongly motivated to state to all everything non-flavor I directly experienced last night.  I don't need to say much about what I am 100% certain comes from you, expect to mention that happened, because order of events may matter and it's a detail in an order.

I don't know how close to quoting I can come to the mechanics stuff.

I wait for the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist's answer.  Anything you want to clarify or indirectly advise before I get that answer and learn how I may discuss?  Would you perhaps like to get your own questions in to the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist, so you are prepared to discuss and answer if needed?

I note I don't see any counterclaims, no third person saying some form of 'I protected the Esteemed Imp N1'.  That simplifies things, but I think I had at least 1 more visitor, maybe more than one other.  Who were able to show they were there, despite all that wide protection I was given, thank you for my life and all the dreams that may yet happen, both Esteemed hector13 and Esteemed ToonyMan.

Eh I can’t be bothered looking for what Esteemed ToonyMan claimed. The only thing I did was the Esteemed thing, but I may have to reveal more about it later.

Great.  So I think that's your consent to discuss everything else because it wasn't yours for sure, we think?  I look forward to everyone helping us all understand what may have happened to me last night, once I have the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist's answer what's allowed for me to say, given the no-quoting rule and some specific details.

To be clear, umm, anything ability will be discussed.  To which end, I did use or attempt to use an ability last night.  So if that matters, that's getting discussed.

Any of you worthies wish to fess up more before I state what little I know for sure of what happened last night, once I am sure what I am permitted to say?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 21, 2023, 02:50:59 pm »

I would also like anyone who hasn't claimed yet to do so unless they, like me, have a good reason to wait.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 21, 2023, 02:56:04 pm »

Right…

To be clear, I have no issue with you discussing the Esteemed thing (except in relating what it does, but I won’t hold it against you if you feel the need) but… I suspect there may be other things you have to say that might relate to me, possibly maybe kinda sorta, in a random chance kind of way.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:37 pm »

Actually, I would like it if some willing individuals would claim their role submissions. Obviously, I'm a kind of flavor cop, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to interpret what I'm seeing better.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 21, 2023, 03:01:48 pm »

Actually, I would like it if some willing individuals would claim their role submissions. Obviously, I'm a kind of flavor cop, and it wouldn't hurt to be able to interpret what I'm seeing better.
I'm a little wary of this game having webadict-style scum abilities that power up with knowledge of the target's flavor.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 207