Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79856 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1395 on: December 25, 2023, 03:15:30 am »

So, this cannot have anything to do with his intentions, his wincon, and the truth he tells or doesn't?  As he innocently makes town-harming mistake after mistake, 'oops, oops'.  Can you explain, Esteemed Maximum Spin, why you don't see this as potentially not-town-aligned play?
It's not a question of whether ToonyMan himself is engaged in town-aligned play. Certainly I think this was a mistaken action regardless of what he thought.
But what you're asking him for, a moral explanation, has no bearing on that. I think your feelings are, understandably, clouding your judgement. What would ToonyMan's answer, whatever it might be, have to do with your read on him? The action he took is the same regardless. To continue on with your more recent post that just appeared, whether his thoughts "make sense" is independent of alignment.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: December 25, 2023, 03:17:50 am »

Has to do with town reasoning and scum reasoning.  Everyone makes mistakes.  But they don't necessarily make the same ones.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: December 25, 2023, 03:27:14 am »

So we've likely caught the second one. Sofanthiel, if you're town, you should roleclaim and also tell us what you did the previous nights. If you fail to comply, you'll likely face the fate that befell Egan.

Imp, Webadict's role is pretty useful, do keep in mind that you might have died if Toonyman didn't bus you two. Also Toony was just cleared by Lenglon. I cannot see anything scummy about his actions, he likely didn't know your role was that big of a deal for you, just as I didn't know. Just why do you think he had malicious intentions for doing what he did?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: December 25, 2023, 04:09:38 am »

pfp

Probably my only post today because it's Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone. I blocked BHK last night because I thought he might be up to no good. Elephant Parade was on the same wavelength apparently, so we over-egged the pudding there.

Still, I also got a spooky feeling after visiting BHK, so I can confirm that part of EP's claim

I'm not sure why Web flipped with his role if it had been swapped. Someone explain that?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: December 25, 2023, 04:12:03 am »

I'm not sure why Web flipped with his role if it had been swapped. Someone explain that?

Gladly.  Would you consent to read his role?  Do you see any reason to think his role could be changed, other than its name?

If you have any more questions about that, please ask, and I will do my very best to explain whatever does not make sense.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: December 25, 2023, 04:15:50 am »

Anyone report gaining a Marked by Death status?  I wonder if that's connected to the Esteemed BlackHeartKabal and that one's spookiness.  Anything you care to discuss, Esteemed BlackHeartKabal?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 25, 2023, 04:28:44 am »

Ah right, of course. Still waking up here

Yeah got marked. So prob is related. Let's find out

BlackHeartKabal

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 25, 2023, 04:30:24 am »

So… what’s the whole deal with the Marked by Death thing?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 25, 2023, 04:32:27 am »

Ah right, of course. Still waking up here

Yeah got marked. So prob is related. Let's find out

BlackHeartKabal

Hey, I wonder.

I got 'Marked by Death' without visiting anyone.  I was roleblocked when I got it.

I don't know if that's the same spookiness that Elephant Parade reports.

Does it make sense that the same status name can be caused both by visiting someone, and by not visiting them?

If not, does it make more sense that someone else may have whammied you, Esteemed notquitethere, rather than it happening because of the visit?  To be clear, I don't object to the vote at all.  I just wonder about how things work and if that makes sense in this kind of game.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 25, 2023, 04:38:26 am »

Pretty sure there are statuses like poison that can be gained by someone making an action on you, and also acting on someone who is poisoned. Marked by Death May work the same.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 25, 2023, 05:07:25 am »

Pretty sure there are statuses like poison that can be gained by someone making an action on you, and also acting on someone who is poisoned. Marked by Death May work the same.
Sure.  I'm asking about if it makes sense for it to be potentially both 'defensive' and actionable.

because I could not have triggered it as a defense N1, I was roleblocked and had not targeted that person either.  Yet I gained the status.

Another person says they gained it while targeting that person.  The Esteemed TricMagic's version was purely actionable.

Does it make sense this could be both?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 25, 2023, 05:12:16 am »

CONSCIOUSNESS SET-UP SEQUENCE IN MOTION...
PHOTON SENSORS OPERATIONAL...
LINK WITH EXTERNAL PROCESSING UNIT ESTABLISHED...

I want to quickly preface this by apologizing for my day 2 absence.  I was unusually busy, and then the discussion prematurely halted on account of Egan's face coming face-to-hammer with a hammer.  If there is anything that requires my addressing from that period of time, please "quote"/hyperlink it!
Sofathaniel: Declare night action please
@Sofanthiel:
What'd you do last night?
As much as I enjoy responding to your queries, I'm afraid I can provide no comment on the above.  I will reveal that information exclusively if I deem doing so beneficial or vital.  Neither is the case right now.

NOOOOOOO I WANTED SOFANTHIEL'S VOTES

GO STEAL SOMEBODY ELSE'S VOTES
No need to fight; there's enough for everyone!

you should roleclaim and also tell us what you did the previous nights. If you fail to comply, you'll likely face the fate that befell Egan.
We'll see about that... hahaha. :)
In all seriousness, those surely can't be the only two possible outcomes; we still have dozens of hours of pure, concentrated, non-stop digital yapping ahead of the twelve of us!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 25, 2023, 05:26:27 am »

Guys, I think we are 1 from hammer, and in the Esteemed Secretdorf's range preference, presuming that being chooses to swing their many votes fast.

BlackHeartKabal (2): Secretdorf, notquitethere,
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
notquitethere (0):
Secretdorf (0): 
sofanthiel (4):  The Canadian kitten,  hector13,  Maximum Spin, Secretdorf,
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

7 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (7):  BlackHeartKabal, Elephant Parade, Imp, Jim Groovester, Lenglon, Secretdorf, ToonyMan

Secretdorf, I seek your attention.  I need time, and believe most of us do.  And you've been on my 'least want to be in the game with' all game.  You can hammer nearly any time.  I can currently wipe your role.  If a hammer you are involved even one vote in occurs before either:  [At least 4 PM Central on the day after Christmas, the 26th], or [you request and gain from me my express consent] I state my current intention to simply policy wipe you.  Of course, I will watch vote patterns and I don't prefer to harm those who appear innocent or mistreated.  So you're not going to have to fear that for that reason if you get set up, in my eyes.  But I am calmly and nicely trying to make sure you notice and understand.  Thank you, hope you have a nice Christmas.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 25, 2023, 05:28:52 am »

As much as I enjoy responding to your queries, I'm afraid I can provide no comment on the above.  I will reveal that information exclusively if I deem doing so beneficial or vital.  Neither is the case right now.

Fascinating.  Do you care to help us see why you answer so, or is it your preference to simply make sure we lynch you instead of a more important other person first?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 25, 2023, 05:30:35 am »

I have a theory that the Esteemed Secretdorf and friends are scum and working very hard to get the extra votes they need to win.  I think the Esteemed Sofanthiel is very willingly helping ensure this, and that the banishing may be part of it - if not, it's being gleefully used.

Would more experienced and capable players please get involved in an effective and useful way to help sort this out?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 207