Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59581 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #690 on: January 31, 2024, 01:09:20 pm »

@Web:
I want Jack the most, but FoU and Max have convinced me to hold off. Although I agree with Max that Jack is still scummy, and that both Jack/FoU being scum seems quite unlikely.

Sofanthiel and Crystal seems...okay. I'm like 50/50 on at least one being scum. I think it's more likely Jack is scum than either of them, but maybe combined it's more likely one is scum.

I have no strong feelings about NJW so I wouldn't mind that except I'm making a trade with him.

I have inherent suspicion toward Elephant but there's not any good reason to vote them.

Max is a possible vote, but at that point I'd rather vote Jack since voting Max would mean giving up on "saving" FoU from Jack. It goes without saying that if both are town then scum will be licking their chops for a Jack kill.
Like seriously, is there any game that we ever play in which you are NOT 100 percent sure that I am scum regardless of my alignment? Fuck you Toonyman.

And I mean that personally. Very personally. Since I think you just hate me, and I am taking it personally.

I will also add that Max generally hates playing the day game on Day 1 as town. He only truly relishes it as mafia.  Which tends to give Max away a lot. Max just isn't his obtuse annoying Day 1 town self.
This isn't the usual Day 1, IMO. We skipped RVS entirely, for one thing.
Oh, this isn't the usual Day 1, hm? Does that mean, I dunno, that other things could be different? Hm?
And if Max's meta read is invalid, could perhaps the meta read of some other person or people also be invalid? Hm?
But Max has been in other games that mostly dispenses with RVS, so it doesn't change my opinion. I assume that was your reason for bring it up, hm?
Eh? Dunno if you're addressing me or just the room, but if it's the former, I don't see your point. I don't think I've interacted with you at all.
EuchreJack: Did you miss this?
Do you seriously need me to confirm every fucking post that you make regarding me? You aren't even giving ME any new info. Your post was a nothing burger, and now you're wasting my time asking for confirmation!?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 31, 2024, 01:09:43 pm »

web:

I don't really like NJW, nor his conclusions, nor his take that I'm third party.  It's lazy, as has been his contributions to the game until fairly recently.  I think calling me third party is a cop-out, essentially allowing him to continue to put me in a corner until it's convenient.  It's 3p hunting, which is why claiming a second win condition is kinda fun.  Anyone that's afraid of a second win con is stupid, because that's a second win condition placed on top of the one that really matters.  Additionally, I actually think second win conditions are probably pro-Town, since I'm not sure how well they'd work when you're teamed.  Does your team get a second win condition?  I'd have to ask NQT.  Whatever.  I dislike the mechanical angle from NJW.  Regardless, I haven't seen any decent arguments against me from NJW, other than that.

I notice second wincon is a sphere.  So I agree with your stance, "Anyone that's afraid of a second win con is stupid, because that's a second win condition placed on top of the one that really matters." because second wincon has nothing to do with alignment.

I think this statement you make is garbage:  "Additionally, I actually think second win conditions are probably pro-Town, since I'm not sure how well they'd work when you're teamed."  They can't be, because spheres are before and independent of alignment and:

that's the mod's job.

Players with the Second Wincon sphere also get an additional way of winning ontop of their main win-condition. This second wincon doesn't interact with other wincondition (e.g. if a neutral third-party player had the second wincon that they win if all players are dead, they still wouldn't be considered "anti-town".
If that's why you thinks he thinks your 3P, I think it's weird and insane that you ignore and disregard what I see as his equal, in my eyes, concern you're scum.

Does any of this change your read on NJW?  You fill your read on NJW with talk about your opinions about second wincons, which is weird and I don't think anything to do with NJW.  So I'll summarize what I think you mean is your read of NJW:

You don't like him, his conclusions about you, or his take that you're a third party, he's lazy, you dislike his mechanical angle, and otherwise he hasn't made any decent arguments against you.

I have three questions about this.

Anything to correct or adjust, or is that your read of NJW?

Where do you think his opinion you're a 3P come from, is it here? (I added bolding)
Possibly scum/3p
Webadict: more of a mechanical focus than usual, discussion slightly tends towards creating arguments over putting pressure on folks. Coaching QQ a bit feels more usual web. Could also just be emerald-collecting aligned... which isn't great, as I suspect that would give him an incentive to kill people.

What do you think of NJW's opinions and interactions towards players other than yourself?  And why didn't you say anything about his attitude towards anyone but you in your read of him?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 31, 2024, 01:11:28 pm »

How would you distinguish their play this game from their play in FBYOR?
There's a difference between clueless town and clueless scum that i find difficult to describe better than that. If you want me to dig for an example i can try.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #693 on: January 31, 2024, 01:11:46 pm »

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [5] Elephant Parade, webadict, Maximum Spin, Toonyman,
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [3] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack, TricMagic
- Maximum Spin - [3] Quarque, Crystalizedmire, NJW2000
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [1] Imp
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Crystalizedmire, Quarqu, Maximum Spin

Hmm. Quarque. See what happens.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 31, 2024, 01:13:23 pm »

There's 4 votes on CM not 5 you goof.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 31, 2024, 01:14:34 pm »

An example of a good Imp post. You may not like their playstyle webadict, but they do make points.
There's 4 votes on CM not 5 you goof.
(Yep, my mistake.)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 31, 2024, 01:15:16 pm »

I will also add that Max generally hates playing the day game on Day 1 as town. He only truly relishes it as mafia.  Which tends to give Max away a lot. Max just isn't his obtuse annoying Day 1 town self.
Oh, this isn't the usual Day 1, hm? Does that mean, I dunno, that other things could be different? Hm?
And if Max's meta read is invalid, could perhaps the meta read of some other person or people also be invalid? Hm?
But Max has been in other games that mostly dispenses with RVS, so it doesn't change my opinion. I assume that was your reason for bring it up, hm?
Eh? Dunno if you're addressing me or just the room, but if it's the former, I don't see your point. I don't think I've interacted with you at all.
Do you seriously need me to confirm every fucking post that you make regarding me? You aren't even giving ME any new info. Your post was a nothing burger, and now you're wasting my time asking for confirmation!?
I don't get why you're reacting so strongly but whatever, I should've been clearer: Were you addressing me with the statement in bold, or no?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 31, 2024, 01:15:38 pm »

Sofanthiel

Honestly the quick correction is nice even if it's simple to make. So Quarque's nullish.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 31, 2024, 01:20:54 pm »

How would you distinguish their play this game from their play in FBYOR?
There's a difference between clueless town and clueless scum that i find difficult to describe better than that. If you want me to dig for an example i can try.

I can't read CM as town or scum yet, but do very slightly town lean on them based on comparison to previous recent known alignments and D1 play.  I think I'm seeing closer to town-ally play from Max's game than scum play from FoU's, but the difference is small and the lean's weak.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 31, 2024, 01:31:33 pm »

@Quarque:
Max and Crystal is okay but it doesn't solve Jack/FoU.

@Tric:
I'm busy at work and I think I'll be driving home when the day ends. I could just not post but I want to participate as much as possible. I made this clear yesterday.

@Jack:
I don't hate you.

Finding someone suspicious in a game is not the same as a personal hatred. There are players like FoU and NQT that I find naturally suspicious but this can't always be true. I've even turned around some on FoU because of their actions and Max's speculation.

I've usually townread you in the past (and been correct when you weren't town), but I've become more put off by your posts in more recent games. I think it's the lack of eagerness which is what I used to gauge you by.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 31, 2024, 01:33:54 pm »

@Quarque:
Max and Crystal is okay but it doesn't solve Jack/FoU.

@Tric:
I'm busy at work and I think I'll be driving home when the day ends. I could just not post but I want to participate as much as possible. I made this clear yesterday.

@Jack:
I don't hate you.

Finding someone suspicious in a game is not the same as a personal hatred. There are players like FoU and NQT that I find naturally suspicious but this can't always be true. I've even turned around some on FoU because of their actions and Max's speculation.

I've usually townread you in the past (and been correct when you weren't town), but I've become more put off by your posts in more recent games. I think it's the lack of eagerness which is what I used to gauge you by.
And what has been your success ratio in my more recent games?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 31, 2024, 01:35:52 pm »

I don't get why you're reacting so strongly but whatever, I should've been clearer: Were you addressing me with the statement in bold, or no?
Both. It was a statement to you, and a statement towards others.
Ask a specific question, get a specific answer.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 31, 2024, 01:39:51 pm »

Both. It was a statement to you, and a statement towards others.
Ask a specific question, get a specific answer.
Insomuch as it was directed at me, who did you mean?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 31, 2024, 01:42:00 pm »

@Jack:
My recent success rate has been 0%, but I was also wrong about most things in FBYOR6.

Why even get mad here? FoU is your lover and there's literally zero pressure on you since your biggest "hater" (me) isn't even voting you. Stop being an emotional brat.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #704 on: January 31, 2024, 01:45:42 pm »

@Euchre:  Is there anything inherently scummy about people's cases against you at the moment?

@Toony:  Can I deal with Euchre, and let you deal with other people?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 153