Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59630 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #870 on: January 31, 2024, 09:46:25 pm »

Quarque said he had a 1-Shot Mafiakill block, and if it worked, I felt like it'd extremely narrow down scum and also give us another chance to execute without Mafiakills.  It's a boring strategy, but effective!  And if it doesn't work, then either Quarque lied or the scum have ways around the block.  I think it's too specific for Quarque to have lied about it, and it puts too big of a target on him to do so.

Think about this:  If Mafia ARE able to kill through it, there are specific Spheres that the Mafia have, no?  And if they AREN'T, that ALSO narrows down the Spheres.

Oh, I also forgot to mention I steal a random Emerald whenever I target someone, so it was a way to confirm my Action, but I mentioned it elsewhere, which is how ToonyMan can partially confirm my Actions and targets.

Confirming-wise, so can people admitting they lost an emerald, perhaps, if someone agreed.

Back to the Qua thing.  He hasn't said much about it, and what he said was to Toons, involved a maybe, and followed on Toon's claim of drawing 'first kill or mafia kill of the night'.

This is a thing that bugs me, that you leap into this so hard; to me Qua's claim (and I have concerns about Qua anyway, but this is independent of that) sounds a bit like me last game, where I explored with CM-alien if I could save her from the poison, and Hector13 hammered hard on the idea that I could just fix the poison, like it was no big deal.  And he was scum, and had an agenda which probably involved malice based on if I couldn't and whatever else.

I feel like you're adding to Qua's claim in a hostile and aggressive, inappropriate way. That you didn't read Qua's claim, and ran with it, pumping yourself up and giving you a nice person to beat on tomorrow.

I suspect Qua may need to know where the mafiakill is going; he never said he could save just anyone from it.  Toony never said it was actually coming for him even if he kept the page - it's kill or mafiakill, and I suspect Qua may have jumped faster than he read.

I think a lot of your focus on refill Qua tonight (though I still don't know for sure) is based on the kind of assumptions that led to the claim of up to 3 people being elim today, and multiple players believing this - falsely.  And fake stuff seems scummy to me, and I really dislike it.  I know it can be accidental - I clarified to CM about Tric that no, I didn't think he was sus for it, I thought he was simply wrong.  But that's mixed with all my other reads of Tric, and there's a lot else to read that does not look sus to me.

But, what is going on with you and your understanding of Qua's ability and how it intersects with yours, and if it gives info?  But who knows if he even plans to use that, compared to whatever else he has, and who to target if not Toony.  It looked/looks to me like you built this up hugely in a way that's likely just hiding that it makes you look great and can make Qua look bad.  (And all that, again, is separate from my actual concerns about Qua.)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 31, 2024, 09:50:22 pm »

@Webadict:
I think Elephant has been pretty spooky but I'll take your word that they're legit.
I think he is good enough to fool me, but I think that always gets a Day 1 pass for me, even if I thought he were scum, which I currently don't, but maybe that's because I mindmeld with him.  I think he sees very similar things to me.

@Webadict:
I didn't know what sphere a colored Emerald represented, no. I just know at game start all the colors and how fakes work.
Gotcha.  Well, if you pick up the Purple one, I'd appreciate if you told me if it could resurrect, but I'm going to guess that the Blue's probably going to give me Role Knowledge on a specific Player.  I could probably use that as a pseudo-Inspect, but maybe that complements your Ability?

@Imp:  I don't see the problem.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 31, 2024, 09:53:29 pm »

Imp, I want you to picture Secretdorf in your head. Really focus your thoughts. See the Secretdorf. Feel the Secretdorf. Taste the Secretdorf.

Okay, you got that?

Now replace Secretdorf with Webadict.

Remember how I constantly told you Secretdorf was probably town? Can you believe me with Webadict? At least for today? I think you're pursuing this all wrong.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #873 on: January 31, 2024, 09:54:37 pm »

I have a oneshot ability that can save you pretty reliably, Toony.
Mafia might kill me because I said that, but if you're town your life is more valuable than mine.

Just eh.. some reassurance that you're actually town would be good.
plus, if this works the first mafia kill is prevented, period, so the gamble of saying this out loud could be worth it
Are you suggesting that Quarque isn't implying that the first Mafiakill is stopped?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 31, 2024, 09:56:47 pm »

@Web:
I'll know where every Emerald is tomorrow. As the game continues I will learn more and more things at once during the night. I have a lot of choices, but I'll probably pick Emeralds for N1 if you're around for it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 31, 2024, 09:58:04 pm »

@Web:
I'll know where every Emerald is tomorrow. As the game continues I will learn more and more things at once during the night. I have a lot of choices, but I'll probably pick Emeralds for N1 if you're around for it.
Works for me.  I have no idea what any Emerald except the Green one does, and I've already claimed that one.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 31, 2024, 09:59:46 pm »

Imp, I want you to picture Secretdorf in your head. Really focus your thoughts. See the Secretdorf. Feel the Secretdorf. Taste the Secretdorf.

Okay, you got that?

Now replace Secretdorf with Webadict.

Remember how I constantly told you Secretdorf was probably town? Can you believe me with Webadict? At least for today? I think you're pursuing this all wrong.

I hear you.  I also remember webadict in that game, who played believably town, and webadict in my last game, where no, he didn't play believably town, even D1 when he was town.  He played agenda which was please himself, though his D1 didn't actually intentionally screw town.  Wildly selfish and with no room for being wrong, and it did, absolutely did, hurt town.  But he was town.  Until D2.

And his D2 and D4 play looks more like his D1 play here than his D1 play in the game you remind me of.  A lot more.

Sure I can be wrong.  We all can.  But this looks awful to me.

You're really focused on emeralds.  And that you can find them, and you want to help other players.  Yay.  But you can find and do a lot of things, I'm guessing, including help anyone in the game, directly or indirectly.

How does web's actual play and interactions with other players look to you today?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 31, 2024, 10:05:31 pm »

@Sofanthiel:
Why go after Web if you think they're 3p and not Jack or FoU if you think they're mafia? Voting Jack is even a two-for-one deal.
Because there are currently no votes on either of the two.  I proposed we organize it in such a way that one of them dies with me here, but web has yet to respond.  I'm certain there are others willing to participate in this arrangement.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #878 on: January 31, 2024, 10:06:25 pm »

I have a oneshot ability that can save you pretty reliably, Toony.
Mafia might kill me because I said that, but if you're town your life is more valuable than mine.

Just eh.. some reassurance that you're actually town would be good.
plus, if this works the first mafia kill is prevented, period, so the gamble of saying this out loud could be worth it
Are you suggesting that Quarque isn't implying that the first Mafiakill is stopped?

Like Tric was even more than implying that 3 can be eliminated today.  I already said that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 31, 2024, 10:14:19 pm »

If Imp is a nonstarter, then I'm going to vote Crystallizedmire for going quiet again. I read webadict as solidly town right now.

In other news, where's FoU? I'm unclear on where their current reads are at, but earlier they said their preferred picks were Quarque, Toony, Crystal, and Max. They came in a couple hours ago to drop a treatise on Toony and then dipped. Toony isn't on to respond and is a longshot lynch, OK. But if they still prefer CM (and/or webadict as of the Toony post) over others, shouldn't they be agitating for that, or at least getting in on the questioning? I want to hear from them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 31, 2024, 10:15:42 pm »

The Emeralds don't matter.  I claimed because people wanted more information.  You wanted more information.  You got it.  Do you think my claim doesn't match my Actions, or which part are you not seeing?

I'd like all the Chaos Emeralds, but I don't think that's possible, and I haven't since about 12 hours into the game.  It was a good opener to see who would willingly claim them.  My thought process is that anyone hiding an Emerald is scum, so anyone claiming one is probably not.  Tric and Euchre both claimed having one, and I think that is completely within their Town demeanor.  I forgot who else claimed one, but that is as good of a reason to believe those two are Town as anything else they've done (that's a lie, they've been pretty Townie without that.)

Tric was wrong about things.  Fucking oh well.  I don't really see that as a problem.  He also said that any number of people could die, and I believed that.  If you can believe it, I don't see a problem with Tric being wrong about his own Abilities, because it doesn't matter that he's wrong.  It only matters that we eventually get it right.  If you're suggesting that Quarque can't do what he says he can, then all that matters is that I can go for a Blue Emerald trade instead.  You can suggest such a thing instead.

If you are worried that Quarque is confused about things, why do you not get Quarque to clarify?  If things are wrong, I can shift pretty fast.  EuchreJack can always offer the Blue Emerald for a Green Emerald.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 31, 2024, 10:17:32 pm »

Oh yeah, I was concealing this earlier because I wasn't sure about you and it wasn't one of the ones you wanted anyway, but I have the Turquoise Chaos Emerald.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 31, 2024, 10:20:04 pm »

Oh yeah, I was concealing this earlier because I wasn't sure about you and it wasn't one of the ones you wanted anyway, but I have the Turquoise Chaos Emerald.
See?  I told you you had one :P

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 31, 2024, 10:21:16 pm »

Sorry for going quiet. I find it strange that webadicts claims aren't adding up(states that they have an emerald steal ability and wants to steal back the green one yet claims that they currently have the green ability). I probably won't be able to go online tomorrow. Toony: i think that the secret Dorfman situation and the webadict situation isn't comparable because we had factual evidence they were town.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 31, 2024, 10:24:30 pm »

Sorry for going quiet. I find it strange that webadicts claims aren't adding up(states that they have an emerald steal ability and wants to steal back the green one yet claims that they currently have the green ability). I probably won't be able to go online tomorrow. Toony: i think that the secret Dorfman situation and the webadict situation isn't comparable because we had factual evidence they were town.
I... did claim it, though?  Whenever I use an Action on someone, I steal a random Emerald.  This was hinted at before, but I included it a little after the big claim because I forgot to explicitly claim it.

Oh, I also forgot to mention I steal a random Emerald whenever I target someone, so it was a way to confirm my Action, but I mentioned it elsewhere, which is how ToonyMan can partially confirm my Actions and targets.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 153