Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59664 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1335 on: February 03, 2024, 12:30:05 am »

Thanks, EP and EJ

There have been a few minor things were I just don't believe what EP says D2. Like, his description of his conversation with Toonyman, for instance.

What's not believable about the claims about the conversation?  How's Toons different with you?

So Elephant Parade, after spending all that time with Toonyman, any thoughts on his alignment?
We've barely talked.

Unless Toony is outright gaslighting me, that is contrary to my understanding of Toony's interactions with the two chats.
As of posting, we had had one conversation that lasted less than an hour. I'm OK dumping it in the thread if he is.
I would appreciate the comparison, if Toony is willing.  The two of you should be able to [REDACT] anything that you want to remain hidden.
And, uh, "less than an hour" and "barely talked" are two fairly different things, in my mind.
Since you're offering to dump the chat into the thread, I don't need to ask more about that unless it turns out you two decide not to do that.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: February 03, 2024, 12:31:29 am »

But I did read his Day 2 posts. They were just, ugh. More of the same.

I think I'll get more out of looking into NJW now. Wasn't web town reading him?

No.  Web wanted 3 of us dead.  The two, sof and me, who wanted web dead, and NJW, who said 'you want emeralds?  I can give you emeralds, or keep them from you.  Kill me a scum and I help, otherwise I resist.'  - and web said, right, glad if imp, sof, or NJW die D1, and ranked a few others as acceptable deaths.

Web wanted folks alive who helped web, were willing to give him emeralds (and those folks may also be scum for that, since trade, while visible, is a action that doesn't block anything you wanna do at night), find info for him (that's toony, who may have wanted to help anyone, that seems toony-like to me when he doesn't know what else to do).
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: February 03, 2024, 12:33:29 am »

I would appreciate the comparison, if Toony is willing.  The two of you should be able to [REDACT] anything that you want to remain hidden.
And, uh, "less than an hour" and "barely talked" are two fairly different things, in my mind.
Since you're offering to dump the chat into the thread, I don't need to ask more about that unless it turns out you two decide not to do that.
That's fair but they aren't that different to me.

Oh yeah, I don't want the entire chat dumped, just the part up to that point. Since then, I've discussed a couple of things I don't really want public right now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: February 03, 2024, 12:34:45 am »

Ooh.  If Toony and EJ are willing, I would love a dump of the other chat into the thread too.  Info is info, and I'd read it and understand you both better, surely others would too.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: February 03, 2024, 12:36:17 am »

Are you prepared to do a reads list maybe in my style, that focuses on how strongly you oppose or support each person being elim today?  Of course it would have Toony on it as 'happy with' or something like that.  But what about everyone else?  Read them, the person.  Whatever you can about them.  "Because Toony" is a weak, poor reason to think about that other person, to me.  Try to read them as the person, like you might if you were making a role for them, reading their soul, and see what you get, and if that's aligned with your wincon.  How's that work for you, can you try it?

I don't really like that style of reads list, because much like what Toony was doing earlier, it can get disrupted due to mechanical concerns or the like.

But I understand what you're saying here. It's possible at the end of the Day, Toony will be sitting there with only my vote on him, while half the players are voting Elephant Parade and the other half are voting Max.

You, and basically everyone else, want me to make a choice that has impact. Because my focus on Toony on Day 1 was real, but it didn't matter.

Truthfully I'm afraid it still won't matter, because nobody wants to imagine the world where Toony is scum.

I don't like being told I shouldn't vote the person I find scummiest.

But if it's a choice between someone I find somewhat scummy, and someone I find quite townie - say, NJW versus you yourself, Imp, then I think I'd be willing to intercede there, reluctantly.

For the time being my vote stays on Toony, though.

But I did read his Day 2 posts. They were just, ugh. More of the same.

I think I'll get more out of looking into NJW now. Wasn't web town reading him?

No.  Web wanted 3 of us dead.  The two, sof and me, who wanted web dead, and NJW, who said 'you want emeralds?  I can give you emeralds, or keep them from you.  Kill me a scum and I help, otherwise I resist.'  - and web said, right, glad if imp, sof, or NJW die D1, and ranked a few others as acceptable deaths.

Web wanted folks alive who helped web, were willing to give him emeralds (and those folks may also be scum for that, since trade, while visible, is a action that doesn't block anything you wanna do at night), find info for him (that's toony, who may have wanted to help anyone, that seems toony-like to me when he doesn't know what else to do).

Right, I could totally be misremembering. Like I said, need to reread web's and NJW's posts.

Well, the weekend doesn't count for time in this game, and I'm less tired on the weekends, so I should be able to give that a go.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: February 03, 2024, 12:38:14 am »

Fal, I feel abandoned by you, if you are town.  Likely you feel the same, abandoned by us all.  Why do you want scum Toony dead, and are 100% okay with scum web alive?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: February 03, 2024, 12:39:32 am »

Ooh.  If Toony and EJ are willing, I would love a dump of the other chat into the thread too.  Info is info, and I'd read it and understand you both better, surely others would too.
Yes, I'm sure our mutual Ninja Turtle Obsession will be quite useful to Town... :P

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: February 03, 2024, 12:40:59 am »

Well, I thought web was town.

Shows what I know.

If Toony really is town, I imagine he feels much the same way. Frustrated and confused.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: February 03, 2024, 12:42:21 am »

Hey EJ, how would you characterize Toony's opinion of me per your chat, if you're OK sharing?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: February 03, 2024, 12:42:32 am »

Yes, I'm sure our mutual Ninja Turtle Obsession will be quite useful to Town... :P

So, you find EP sus for having a different stance with Toony, when you solid townread toony (thus the pick, I think?  Toons was saying he thought you'd think that, and please don't pick him, pick someone else) and EP has Toony about scummiest, and picked Toony to cop ability with/on him.  They had a hugely different sort of chat, if you're joking around only, and .... it's super normal for people to behave different when there's serious interrogation of some sort, vs hobbytalk.

While I'm glad this has been explained... wow.  Just wow.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: February 03, 2024, 12:43:11 am »

Shows what I know.

If Toony really is town, I imagine he feels much the same way. Frustrated and confused.

Please reread my question.  You answered something else.  Unable to answer my question I asked?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: February 03, 2024, 12:45:20 am »

Hey EJ, how would you characterize Toony's opinion of me per your chat, if you're OK sharing?
From what I could tell, he was suspicious of both of us. What was your experience?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: February 03, 2024, 12:46:30 am »

FoU: I skimmed your posts and you have essentially only discussed Toony today. As someone who is entirely OK with lynching Toony today, I think that's bad. Say we lynch Toonyman today and he flips town. Now what? Or say Toonyman flips scum and the day doesn't end. Now what? You don't have to move your vote, but you do have to think about other people, and ideally post about them too.

From what I could tell, he was suspicious of both of us. What was your experience?
I will share, but first: equally suspicious?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: February 03, 2024, 12:47:07 am »

Knowing, seeing, feeling what you know now, as you look at web's roleflip.

You had a vote sitting where you wanted it the most - but if you are town you have more than one enemy.

You cannot kill the enemy you want to kill.  You can leave your vote on them.

But there was a titanic fight between your team and the enemy, happening right in front of you.  And you, to me, stuck your fingers in your ears and didn't care.

I needed your help.  You ignored me and didn't care.

I want you to stare at scum web's flip.  You're dead and all the rest of town D3.... D4 with huge luck, and that's the scum that ate you.

Stare at that corpse of a roleflip, and remember I needed your help.  And you didn't even care.

Don't abandon your fellow town.

You have more than one enemy.

It really matters.  Really, it really matters.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: February 03, 2024, 12:47:55 am »

Shows what I know.

Elephant Parade got to talk to Toonyman first. Toony had calmed down/man'd up by the time we got to talk. As you might have noticed, I started playing a couple hours after Day 2 began.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 153