Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Sparks of Divinity IC: Eozoic Eon: Turn 6 (10/??)  (Read 10295 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Sparks of Divinity IC: Turn 0 of the Cosmogonic Eon (9/??)
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2024, 02:53:31 am »

"I am willing to designate an Act for this, as long as this shadow should grant a civilising aura to those fall under its shade."

Gregory contributes 1 Civilisation Act if so.

"CAAW CAAW!" A-0 doesn't-reply to the offer which wasn't, having a unique talent for sniffing out events which used to be in the past but now were never.

((3 acts isn't the limit to grand piece creation! Give me your juice! Make it shinier!))

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Sparks of Divinity IC: Turn 0 of the Cosmogonic Eon (10/??)
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2024, 03:12:19 am »

Gongon's anatomy flickers in a state of already being sublimnated to contribute to the following possiilities:

-A season of Regret
-A continent of twisting passages, ravines and canyons of variegated brightly coloured stones and soil and sand, where it you are supernaturally likely to get lost. Maps, waystones, markers etc. are also unreliable and shift, move, degrade and corrupt over time.
-A continent of hot springs, geothermal vents and terraced thermal pools. The gases and liquids all have some sort of effect on the mind, making you happy, sad, drunk, angry, high etc

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2024, 05:03:15 pm »

-A continent of twisting passages, ravines and canyons of variegated brightly coloured stones and soil and sand, where it you are supernaturally likely to get lost. Maps, waystones, markers etc. are also unreliable and shift, move, degrade and corrupt over time.

Gregory is open to contributing an Order Act to this, if maps and other civilised navigation tools are not intrinsically unreliable/shifting/moving/degrading/corrupting except by natural or mortal means.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 05:33:35 pm »

Gregory is open to contributing an Order Act to this, if maps and other civilised navigation tools are not intrinsically unreliable/shifting/moving/degrading/corrupting except by natural or mortal means.
V are Willing to donate a vine to this if so. All paths lead to civilization. The paths between often shift. What once was 10 years ago now differs 50 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 05:35:38 pm by TricMagic »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2024, 01:37:09 am »

OOC || IC || Discord

Turn 0.9: The Void Era

Avian Awakening

A living avian shadow begins taking shape, a shifting impression of all those who are-not and cannot-be. This inaugural creation, a monument raised by A-0 in honor of those-who-cannot-be, is the beginnings of a realm that will serve as a haven for all the birds who may be. (A-0: -1 Night Act, -1 Beast Act) It is soon completed by Luka, who finagles the shadow in such a way that it now also looks like a hat. (Luka: -1 Hat Act)

Astronomical Antics

Distraught, rejected Sornlun tears out its eleven eyes and smashes them together to create the Iridescent Sun called Remorse. Of its eleven faces, seven ignite in visible colors from Sornlun inscribing words of furious flame, and four alter in some barely perceptible and yet mournful way from words of remorseful flame. (Sornlun: --Eyes, +2-2 Heaven Acts, +2-1 Flame Acts, -1 Flame Act; +Materia)

The Shape of the World has been determined through the sacrifice of many of Gregory's eyes and assistance from Yitterbium. An imperfect sphere infused with the power of Balance, Civilization, and Flesh, the Final Shape will surely serve as a thriving home for future sentients with its thick, protective, and ash-filled atmosphere and oceans of gradually diluting blood and ichor. (Gregory: -Eyes, +2-1 Order Acts, -1 Civilization Act; Yitterbium: -1 Chaos Act, -1 Flesh Act; +Materia) Just as it always has and always will, life of some sort arises almost as soon as conditions allow it as the Neobel Eka pours their vestigial liver out onto the world, forming a vast, wine-dark ocean known as the the Bloodwine Broodwaters which additionally serves as a font of Life Magic. (Neobel Eka: -Liver, +1-2 Noble Acts, +1-2 Life Acts; Calamos Gladius: -1 Love Act; +Materia) With no one to practice it at this point, its exact workings are as yet unknown except that it may additionally involve Love thanks to a donation from Calamos Gladius, but perhaps it draws from life-giving blood.

Perhaps confused at their own existence, Gongon has given greatly of themselves to build many of the foundational structures of the world. This begins with their eyes, which are the Gomoons. Numbering between 6 and 18 at most given times, they have the disquieting property of literally blinking out of existence, which will surely only worsen their intrinsically sanity-damaging effects (Gongon: --Eyes, +2-2 Sanity Acts, +2-1 Ignorance Acts). Concerned for the safety of the inhabitants of the world, ANTHEM-314 has elected to encase a third of the Gomoons in a thick layer of metal-rich stone inscribed with a no longer decipherable warning on the dangers of Gongon's lunar seasons. In addition to moderating their influence on the world below, the shells also have the interesting side effect of granting them some level of protection (ANTHEM-314: -1 Rock Act).

All this is soon followed by the self-assembly of the Heavenly Signal Tower, an impossibly shaped tower and roost known only as the from Gongon's auditory organs. Serving as a link between the world and the heavens allowing the most driven mortals to listen to the gods and even demand their attention in later times, it also acts as a roost for tired heavenly bodies. (Gongon: --Ears, -Antennae, +3-1 Sanity Acts, +3-2 Ignorance Acts)

Next, the expulsion of Gongon's highly potent viscera into strange, ethereal nests has embedded principles of Gomagic into the workings of the universe. The sacrifice of knowledge and reason (especially one's own) is now a dangerous pathway to great power especially after Calamos Gladius' contribution. (Gongon: -Liver, +1-1 Sanity Act, +1-1 Ignorance Act; Calamos Gladius: -1 Power Act)

Gongon's final gifts to the world for now, powered by the sacrifice of Gongon's voice, are the stupefying Season of Forget, which damages memory, and the wild Season of Lunace, which brings about great insanity. (Gongon: -Voice, +1-3 Sanity Acts, +1-3 Ignorance Acts)

Afterlives and Animate Ambitions

The Nature of Death has also been determined by Gregory both in mechanism and in location, although murmurings of disagreement may contest their interpretation. The overall system will be known as the Dull Maybe, and its construction from Gregory's kidney will cleanse even the most tarnished of souls. It appears that the less pious dead will be sent to an underworld not unlike the physical world but still, dull, and grey, that the more prayerful dead will enjoy an afterlife with greater fidelity, and that the more specifically pious will be received in their gods' halls, all with the possibility of reincarnation. (Gregory: -Kidney, +2-3 Order Acts))

Noting that most necessary things have already been made, Yalini has created the iridescent snake Aur to glimmer in the dark of night. (Yalini: +2-3 Light Acts) It's too early to tell at this point, but Aur's light may be helping to dilute some of the Gomoons' effects in those patches of sky where both are visible. Yalini has also attempted to create a flock of light birds in the waters of the Bloodwine Broodwaters, but between the ongoing Creatia storms and lack of Materia, they are soon absorbed by a stray flare of dark lightning. (Yalini: -1 Light Act, 1d10 = 1: failure!)

Cosmogonic Eon

Required

Optional
  • Moon(s) (Grand):
    • Gomoons (Eyes of Gongon, Sanity, Stone)
  • World guardians (Grand):
    • Aur (Entrails of Yalini, Light)
  • Extra planes (1 Grand each, 1+ continent/ocean needed for each):
  • Start an additional World (next: 2 Grand): (No)
  • Oracle (Grand, sensory gody part, downside): (None)
  • Magic system (Grand, organ):

Incomplete
(Congratulations! There are no incomplete creations this subturn)

Grand Pieces cost 3+ Aligned+ Acts, and Greater Pieces cost 2+ Aligned+ Acts. Contradictory Grand Pieces will fight amongst themselves until consistency is reached; supply additional Acts to tilt the odds in favor of a specific Piece or fight them directly.

The Cosmos

Creatia storms
Materia drought

The Cosmogonic Eon is not due to end.
Add seasons and continents/oceans to progress

Echoes
✿❢❇➪ ➻➏❔

Forecasts
Creatia storms are expected to dissipate within a turn
Materia is projected to increase to habitable levels within two turns
Piece costs are projected to rise noticeably within two turns
The next turn is expected within a day

Gods
  • Yalini, Trick of the Light and Bird of Light
    • Class: Spark
    • (None)
    • Spoiler: Health (click to show/hide)
  • ANTHEM-314, Rock of Ages, Ghost in the Machine
    • (None)
  • Luka, Divine Hatter, Protector of the Skulls
    • 1 Skull Act
  • Yitterbium, Star of Chaos, Emperor of Flesh
    • (None)
  • A-0, Bird of Night, Beast Builder
    • (None)
  • Neobel Eka, Noble Heritage, Wine of Life
    • (None)
  • Sornlun, Usurper of Heavens, Voice of Flame
  • Calamos Gladius, Puissant, Bae Victis
    • (None)
  • Gregory the Dire Rabbit, Celestial Pope of Civilization, The One Who Defies Chaos
    • 1 Order Act
  • Gongon, Devourer of Sanity, Writhing Mass of Ignorance
    • 1 Sanity Act, 1 Ignorance Act
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 10:19:26 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2024, 01:55:39 am »

Luka decides that the bloodwine isn’t heady enough for his tastes, and uses 1 Skull Act to fill the ocean with skull-shaped islands for the future life to live on. This will include islands that are skulls vertically, horizontally, and both.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2024, 02:24:48 am »

Gongon is not aware they have acts left.

Nevertheless, Sanity flows out of the gaping hollows in Gongon's form, falling down onto the world before in large lumps, landing with bone-jarring thuds and splashes, which set off spectacular ash storms and wine tsunamis.

The lumps begin to clump together to form a slowly squirming continent of fantastically coloured stones, sand and soil. The entire continent is covered in an intricate network of crisscrossing passages, canyons, ravines, clefts, tunnels, cavern systems etc. In these appropriately named Lost Lands, you are supernaturally likely to lose your way and bearings, becoming lost. The land itself slowly shifts and changes over time, making maps, markers and waystones intrinsically unreliable over anything more than a few fortnights.

Gongon spends one Sanity on initiating the creation of the Lost Lands
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 02:31:43 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2024, 02:52:05 am »

Yitterblum determines now is the time to make its own star, though without blackjack and hookers it questions the validity of such a thing.
First its Appendix bursts forth- still attached to several tables of data, next come several miles of Flagella, finally it cycles half its eyes to its surface rapidly- knocking loose its sight bones and leaving its eyes somewhat saggy.

-Appendix, -Flagella(locomotor limbs), -bones(bones - (eyes, 1/2)) - (3xchaos, 3xflesh)
+Star of Chaos (Sun)

Star of Chaos - A rough cuboid mass of Flesh and Bone that spirals into itself recursively and kaleidoscopically- burning with both an internal light, and an internal darkness it spreads across the world nigh randomly as it pulses without beat.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 02:55:01 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2024, 02:54:48 am »

Nevertheless, Sanity flows out of the gaping hollows in Gongon's form, falling down onto the world before in large lumps, landing with bone-jarring thuds and splashes, which set off spectacular ash storms and wine tsunamis.

The lumps begin to clump together to form a slowly squirming continent of fantastically coloured stones, sand and soil. The entire continent is covered in an intricate network of crisscrossing passages, canyons, ravines, clefts, tunnels, cavern systems etc. In these appropriately named Lost Lands, you are supernaturally likely to lose your way and bearings, becoming lost. The land itself slowly shifts and changes over time, making maps, markers and waystones intrinsically unreliable over anything more than a few fortnights.

(Are the not Islands anymore? I thought we where both going halfzies on a continent :V)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2024, 03:03:48 am »

(Are the not Islands anymore? I thought we where both going halfzies on a continent :V)
(Appropriately enough, I didn't realize you were making a continent! Just thought you were adding islands to the ocean.)

Luka decides that the bloodwine isn’t heady enough for his tastes, and uses 1 Skull Act to fill the ocean with skull-shaped islands for the future life to live on. This will include islands that are skulls vertically, horizontally, and both.
Ignorance dissipates from Gongon before the sharp light of the Chaos Star, making it uncomfortable... aware.

Even as Gongon's awareness grows, so do the Skull Islands, becoming larger and more intricate, becoming grand skull-chains. A subtle mystic aura begins to grow within the skull islands, causing those who live on them for a long time to occasionally fall into trancelike states of no-self, no-thought for a few hours at a time.

Spend 1 Ignorance act to finish the Skull Islands Continent
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 10:40:01 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2024, 05:27:35 am »

Sornlun, Usurper of Heavens, Voice of Flame

A searing pain flare from the empty eye sockets of the heavenly centipede as a new sun shine with newborn splendor, and with it Sornlun emits a shrill scream, and then laments.

"KRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- A pain yet insufficient, yet too light for the burden of these sins of mine! Be pulled once more, disgraceful scales, once pulled from the back of Dragon-slaves! Be torn again, usurped limbs, once torn apart from the mane of our Sun-kin! Be broken at last, vile claws, with which I fell my moon-brothers!"

Exoskeleton Extraction: Sornlun bloodily sheds its exoskeleton of glittering scales and lunar chitin. (+4 aligned acts)
Locomotor Limbs Extraction: Sornlun violently rips apart its legs, tressed from sun-hair and hardened with star-blood. (+4 aligned acts)
Manipulator Limbs Extraction: Sornlun violently rips apart its claws, forged from moon-bone and sharpened with starlight. (+4 aligned acts)

Celestial ichor mixes with creatia and shapes into materia.

Creation: Season of Regret (3 Flame Acts)
The dragon scales shatter into diamond dust, permeating the Shape with the regrets of the Usurper of Heavens. The Season of Regret shall occur after Lunace: when Lunace ends and creation shall recover its clarity, will they also be cursed with the flaring remembrance of their lunacy. Torn apart with burning regret, they will lament and maybe thrive to repent. Then shall came Forget, to lead them into the bliss of ignorance.

Invest: Remorse the Iridescent Sun (+3 Heaven Acts)
The Iridescent Sun is imbued with the power of Heavens so that it may stand equal in hierarchy to the Square Sun.

Creation: Fhaire, the Fields of Flame (3 Flame Acts)
A great many flaming limbs of the centipede fall and coalesce on the World, becoming a great land of solid and ephemereal flame swept by solar whisper-winds. There are eleven types of coloured flames, one for each face of the Iridescent Sun. The unseen flames are unbound and free to wander, causing motion among the Fhaire. As for the seen flames, they are bound to the Fhaire, and make up the solid flame of the land.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:33:10 am by Nakéen »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2024, 11:09:57 am »

(Appropriately enough, I didn't realize you were making a continent! Just thought you were adding islands to the ocean.)

Ignorance dissipates from Gongon before the sharp light of the Chaos Star, making it uncomfortable... aware.

Even as Gongon's awareness grows, so do the Skull Islands, becoming larger and more intricate, becoming grand skull-chains. A subtle mystic aura begins to grow within the skull islands, causing those who live on them for a long time to occasionally fall into trancelike states of no-self, no-thought for a few hours at a time.

Spend 1 Ignorance act on the Skull Island Continent [2/3 acts needed]

((I don't know if we can add non-continent sized land modifications yet.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2024, 01:55:01 pm »

V gathers their leafvinelimb, ripping it free. And in the infinite vine leading onward, they place it beneath the fog of creatia. The Lost Lands rest Between all others, and through their paths can one reach any place. Civilizations, towns stay, and maps can be made. But their paths change with time, becoming unrecognizable but for the flowering grapevines pooling with blood, serving as noble ways to places once found.

And so did Neobel Eka crash to the groundskyshadow, forming within the Lost Land's notcenter an inland sea through the force of their winedrop, connected to everywhere.

"What ever shifts does so in the future. In the past, it does not change. Through the vine, travel where whence you came. Through the fog, travel to new places unseen. Each make the journey in this twisted place, the Lands Lost Between. V wait for thee."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 05:30:14 pm by TricMagic »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2024, 10:04:44 pm »

((Also contentents are two acts, there is just a minimum of 3 continents))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2024, 10:40:35 pm »

((Also contentents are two acts, there is just a minimum of 3 continents))
(Soit counts as a magical form of travel and acctually connects. Playing loose vineyard. Meanwhile I see a bunch of Skull [islands] without a hat to cover their heads. Join in the madness~)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14