Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Challenge - Heroes & Villains .47  (Read 5777 times)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Challenge - Cops and Robbers
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2024, 02:03:42 pm »

Crystalizedmire you are up! https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17135

Your target is the human warrior Sasir Gostrimdarmad
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rules:
-You have to find Sasir amongst the other human warriors
-You only get one attempt at his life. If you take the wrong target or are chased off then it is a loss.
-Don't use dfhack to discover his true identity.
-You can only attack in the day time when everyone is awake

I made a second adventurer to go to the fort and confirm that he is findable and that there are enough clues to put it together.

Your character could have any particular reason to wanna kill mine. Doesn't gotta be working for the goblins or anything just because that is my specific character's motivation.

I'll update our title post when I get back from work and get some free time

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2024, 04:03:29 pm »

Thruni Mazebites was a Doto's soldier. She was a masterful miner who wielded a mining pick as her weapon of choice she started her journey in a human town. She was sent to kill Sasir Gostrimdarmad because she was told that he was working for goblins.

Thruni heads outside of her house and discovers two serpent people. One was fighting with a human while the other stares at them while standing on top of another human. Thruni asks if the serpent woman wants to join on an adventure and the serpent woman, Kashi, answered: "Do I?" and promptly joined.
Next, they went to the keep in town. There, Thruni asked an axeman, Nedun, to join and they joined.
They wandered around town and encountered a pen of dogs. The crew got one dog and another dog followed them so they adopted another.

The adventuring party headed to the fort Runfinished, stopping at a hamlet along the way. In the hamlet, they recruited another human also named Thruni.

On their way, a zombie alligator woman attacked them. Kashi ran off while Nedun was maimed and could no longer walk. One of the dogs also died in the fight.

Thruni and her crew entered Runfinished late in the morning or early noon. Some people were still asleep but most were awake by that point, it wouldn't have mattered as none of the fort members helped Sasir at any point. She encountered a war grizzly bear and tried to tame it but it wouldn't obey her. Thruni asked the men there about their values and was able to narrow down the target who was under the identity of "Ubest". She swung her pickaxe at the hammerman. The Grizzly bear went hostile. Thruni's companions were able to kill it, with Kashi landing the final blow. Sasir damaged the right hand with his bronze hammer, causing Thruni to use her shield to kill Sasir. he was eventually knocked down and died to a shield on the head but not without killing the dog.

Save
Thruni currently resides in Tributebrass(with none of her companions), a hillocks to the south mountain area.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2024, 08:42:08 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2024, 08:52:37 am »

bump
she/her

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2024, 10:34:49 am »

bump
gotcha! Any limitations or rules on attacking your characters or is it anything goes?

Dikbutdagrate is next! Careful he doesn't sow all your adventurers corpses into a cave blob!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2024, 11:09:01 am »

bump
gotcha! Any limitations or rules on attacking your characters or is it anything goes?
No limitations at all.
she/her

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2024, 03:21:29 pm »

bump

Dikbutdagrate is next! Careful he doesn't sow all your adventurers corpses into a cave blob!

Alright, I will plan on starting tonight when I get back from Jersey, or sometime starting tomorrow afternoon.

No limitations you say? Interesting. Extremely interesting, in fact.
I'll consider about how best to leverage this abdication of restriction-sanity for maximum profit during the drive home.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2024, 07:51:04 pm »

Also, if you don't find her there, she's probably in Runfinished.
Edit: I meant to say nearby abandoned fortressses
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 09:02:00 am by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2024, 10:37:35 am »

Are you able to zip the save file?
Otherwise, I'm going to have to pay money to download this.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2024, 10:42:22 am »

Can send it to https://dffd.bay12games.com/
if you want. Its free and made for community games, bugged saves, etc

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2024, 11:40:36 am »

I don't have a dffd account because I'm unable to access my gmail account and the only other email account I have is an Outlook account so I can't even registrate
she/her

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2024, 01:09:11 pm »

I don't have a dffd account because I'm unable to access my gmail account and the only other email account I have is an Outlook account so I can't even registrate

Hosting it on mediafire is fine.  But you'll need to zip the save folder first.

Edit: Do you know how to make a zip file?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 01:15:29 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2024, 01:23:31 pm »

Hosting it on mediafire is fine.  But you'll need to zip the save folder first.

Edit: Do you know how to make a zip file?
I know how to but I also started another adventure after uploading the save to mediafire because I assumed it already worked. It probably doesn't affect anything crucial besides bruising Thruni a little and three new corpses on the site. this time should work.
she/her

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2024, 05:34:54 pm »

Alright that works.

I will begin my turn.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2024, 08:25:24 pm »

The "doto-brain" has been slain. I'll post more screenshots and describe what happened during the turn once my turn is over. I will also post the full combat log for fight with Crystalizedmire's character for whoever is interested.

The long and short of it:
Accidently travelled to Antarctica, fought stuff along the way, travelled back up, found the town my mark declared themselves to be in, and began searching. Was unable to locate them as immediately as I was hoping, but then I started happening upon a number of these butchered dwarf corpses, and I knew I was in the right place. Strangely though, none of the townsfolk seemed to have mind all these bodies lying around. Not even a single dwarven tear, from having experienced extreme emotion, could be spotted. And when I inquired, none of the town dwarves were able to report even a single local trouble. I guess this was just another Tuesday in Tributebrass.

Anyway, the chain of bodies eventually led me to the town's tavern, where I successfully identified and distinguished my mark from their companion, the only other H around, by examining the <<iron shield>> in their possession, it featured a kill count log attributing a single notable kill to one "Thruni." I proceeded to then recruit the town's drunken lay-abouts to my side, and then it was on, as it were. 

Here is the proof of my conquest:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The rest of my turn will be spent preparing for my would-be assassin. Had a bit of a fey-mood, and I believe whoever is next in line is about to be spoiled by what I'm going to be building for them, lol.

I suspect at least more than one mind shall be utterly shattered by the surprises that await. I might be exaggerating slightly, but I expect people will like it.

Hand-crafted dungeons are a bit of a rarity in this game.

Don't worry, it'll be fun. Probably.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 08:55:47 pm by dikbutdagrate »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2024, 09:26:24 pm »

Don't tell me that Thruni Mazebites was already killed when you arrives on site
Sorry, I misread the post.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 09:35:44 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7