Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Challenge - Heroes & Villains .47  (Read 6080 times)

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Challenge - Heroes & Villains .47
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2024, 06:11:19 pm »

Save Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V3qb5ZNpcE_y75bBrGdM-1ApEBj8pS09?usp=drive_link

To find your target, look in Knowledgepuzzles, a fortress in The Trustworthy Desert. (near the top-right of the map)

Who the target is will be revealed there. But the target themself is somewhere else.

If you post or message me a screenshot of the final room in Knowledgepuzzles, i will give you an extra hint.

Do not take any levels of the observer skill.

Alright Brewerbob, you're up!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2024, 12:59:17 am »

Right.

Slight problem: looks like the save is unzipped. Could we get a zipped version?

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2024, 03:29:22 pm »

Google drive automatically zips files when you download them.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2024, 01:07:06 am »

I'm just getting a "can't download file" notification after it tries to zip it.

Edit. Ok, finally got it to work and download.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2024, 01:50:26 pm »

How's it goin' B-man? What's the plan™ look like so far?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2024, 03:05:53 am »

How's it goin' B-man? What's the plan™ look like so far?

Just getting started with it (got a bit distracted by other things for a couple days). No plan really this far, but I'll think of something.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2024, 06:50:03 pm »

I'm excited to hear about whether you went after wolfkey's target

or dikbutdagrate's

I'm absolutely planning when my turn comes around to just swarm his fort with a ton of cheap adventurers to die to traps lol Work our way through the blender

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2024, 01:12:26 am »

I'm excited to hear about whether you went after wolfkey's target

or dikbutdagrate's

I'm absolutely planning when my turn comes around to just swarm his fort with a ton of cheap adventurers to die to traps lol Work our way through the blender

A meatgrinder strategy would be hilarious. Unclear if the lemmings will make it pass the initial well puzzle though. Although, that puzzle is certainly easier now that the enemy mobs I assigned to guard the stupid thing keep leaving, the giant reanimated octopus & tiger shark mummies, that is. They just keep making a b-line straight for the woods. The ambush people and take their money.

Nothing like being ambushed by a 16 foot tiger shark out in the middle of the woods.
Falls out of a tree at you. Begins to slowly flop toward you. You gaze into its cold menacing eyes. You have no idea what it was doing in that mango tree.

You may want to spend some time beefing up at least one of the lemming adventurers.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2024, 01:55:02 am »

Well, I went for Wolfkey's target even though dikbut's target would've been much closer. Didn't go too well and the crew of three misfits fell one by one to traps in the fortress of Knowledgepuzzles.

My main character was Cango (the rng actually gave that name to him), a sadistic kangaroo man doctor who wanted to bathe the world in chaos:

He was the first to die:

Cango was traveling with a weasel woman surgeon named Quihu who wanted to rule the world:

She never even got close to her goals and was ridiculed after her rather small body was crushed by falling stones despite trying to whip them away:

Last was En, a wiry gray langur man gelder, who wanted to attain rank in society:

He managed to get all the way into a corridor with images of doors engraved into walls, but after finding no way to go forward, he retraced his steps to see if there was any clues he had missed.

Well, he didn't find clues but found the traps he had missed and with it, death:

These "heroes" will surely not be missed for before they arrived at the dwarf fort they went on a murder spree around several hamlets, hillocks and forest retreats, strangling and whipping humans, goblins, elves and dwarves to death.

Knowledgepuzzles was a nice one, but it'll need trap resetting for the next one to visit. I guess I triggered most of them.

While travelling to the fort I ran into some unfortunate consistent crash to desktop issues in a certain area of the world map:

(The approximate location of the ctd)

I've no idea if this is something new with the map or not. I've tested it only with Wolfkey's save (both with my now deceased characters and others).

Edit. I downloaded the save after dikbutdagrate's turn and there's no ctd issue. Re-downloaded Wolfkey's save and it's crashing again in the same area.

@Wolfkey, could you test your save if it's crashing (around the area that I marked on the map) to see if it's something that's come up with upload/download?

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2024, 02:11:58 pm »

My main character was Cango (the rng actually gave that name to him), a sadistic kangaroo man doctor who wanted to bathe the world in chaos:

I like it. And I love that you rolled 3 entirely random characters.

These "heroes" will surely not be missed for before they arrived at the dwarf fort they went on a murder spree around several hamlets, hillocks and forest retreats, strangling and whipping humans, goblins, elves and dwarves to death.
The classic murder hobo training montage.

Edit. I downloaded the save after dikbutdagrate's turn and there's no ctd issue. Re-downloaded Wolfkey's save and it's crashing again in the same area.

@brewerbob  Wow! Excellent job spotting the corruption. Thank you for doing all that testing.
IMO, I say continue your turn and do whatever. As going back two full turns at this point is possibly unwise. Maybe we'll just stick to avoiding the bugged area until a fix is found.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2024, 02:17:03 pm by dikbutdagrate »

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2024, 01:01:08 am »

@brewerbob  Wow! Excellent job spotting the corruption. Thank you for doing all that testing.
IMO, I say continue your turn and do whatever. As going back two full turns at this point is possibly unwise. Maybe we'll just stick to avoiding the bugged area until a fix is found.

I just got "lucky" to spot it. Started the adventure in Fincuddled (which is a bit south from your camp) and the corrupted area was on the way to Knowledgepuzzles. The ctd area is actually larger than what I've marked on the map. If you head straight east from your camp, the crashing occurs around the hamlets and what not next to the river.

I can go on with setting up a villain for the next player on this save, but if Wolfkey's save doesn't have the ctd issue before upload, maybe a re-upload would be a good idea? In that case we'd just miss my turn and possibly avoid issues further down the road.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2024, 10:00:37 am »

Bump.

So, I've gone plenty over my turn time, I think?

Anyway, I got a bit distracted again (among other stuff), but now I've been trying to quickly set up a villain for the next. However, it looks like we have some other areas on the map that crash to desktop on this save. I'm not sure how large this crash area is, but it's happened several times now consistently when I head from castle Gleamroot east.

What should we do? Should we revert to an older save or should we just hope for the best with this one?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2024, 12:27:36 pm »

Sorry I've been MIA

Uhm. I'm okay with voting on it if needed, but I think maybe we revert to an earlier save? Its very difficult to recover world stability once its lost

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2024, 02:17:12 pm »

Yeah, I'd vote for reverting to an older save.

...And passing the turn to the next player.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2024, 07:11:33 am »

I messaged Eric Blank to start and play the turn that only has Dikbutdagrate's target

I'll update the first post soon and keep these adventures as a non-canon string
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7