Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Challenge - Heroes & Villains .47  (Read 5982 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Challenge - Heroes & Villains .47
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2024, 05:09:51 pm »

I made an attempt to attempt an assassination, but I was interrupted by goblins. So I'll attempt something else.

I have learned that you will crash 100% of the time in the vicinity of Oilmiles or its surrounding hillocks.
Spoiler: dont go there (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2024, 05:17:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2024, 04:21:08 am »

What the hell is up with this save? 

Edit: Tested the save I uploaded, and went to the reported corrupted sites, and there is no such corruption present. No crashes to desktop, etc.
The save that Wolfkey uploaded appears to have been mangled by the way the file was hosted.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2024, 04:39:06 am by dikbutdagrate »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2024, 01:20:44 pm »

Well, I downloaded the one that your uploaded, not wolfkey's. Maloy chose to revert to yours. The corruption is probably just errors in downloading and unpacking the save file.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2024, 02:14:18 pm »

I re-downloaded dikbut's save to test and the area around Oilmines crashes when approaching on the overland map, but the other areas seemed to be fine in it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2024, 05:15:18 pm »

Ive uploaded the save file here; https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17170

Your target is the raccoon woman bandit chieftess Senre Geniusstatic the Glowing Worker of Hailing. She leads a band of seven other raccoon people, wanted for grand theft artifact in the Perplexing Ship and the Works of Blushing. She is believed to be in the newly-established fortress of Mawstockade.

Rules;
1) Senre is your only target, so you are not required to kill the rest of the band, though they are all known to be armed.
2) you are not permitted to use dfhack for any purpose before killing Senre and subsequently until you have escaped the fortress once again.

I originally wanted to have a kobold bandit gang, but I wasn't sure modding them to make that possible would be permitted or safe (since many people run community games like this through lazy newb pack to replace the graphics, any raw changes will be lost during their turns.), so we got raccoon people instead. They're also adorable and grabby anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2024, 07:16:16 pm »

Ive uploaded the save file here; https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=17170

Your target is the raccoon woman bandit chieftess Senre Geniusstatic the Glowing Worker of Hailing. She leads a band of seven other raccoon people, wanted for grand theft artifact in the Perplexing Ship and the Works of Blushing. She is believed to be in the newly-established fortress of Mawstockade.

Rules;
1) Senre is your only target, so you are not required to kill the rest of the band, though they are all known to be armed.
2) you are not permitted to use dfhack for any purpose before killing Senre and subsequently until you have escaped the fortress once again.

I originally wanted to have a kobold bandit gang, but I wasn't sure modding them to make that possible would be permitted or safe (since many people run community games like this through lazy newb pack to replace the graphics, any raw changes will be lost during their turns.), so we got raccoon people instead. They're also adorable and grabby anyway.

epic! Dikbutdagrate's target is still alive as well, right?
Leaves two targets for Luckyowl to pick.

@Luckyowl you can see Eric's rules above.

Dikbutdagrate's only rule was that you have no skill in observation and don't dfhack

I will try to actually update the intro post will all the different adventures and categorize based on active targets versus completed ones

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2024, 02:53:54 am »

@Maloy

Forgot to say that you can put me on the list for another turn.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2024, 06:24:32 pm »

Oh, also add me to the end of the list too
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]