Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: FEF: Chains of Horai Redux IC Thread: Chapter 1: The Maiden and The Demon Cat  (Read 5148 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"Lan, do you think I should unload the doll now, before we enter the city. Perhaps better people see her ride in with us than a strange young woman appear from nowhere."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lightbringer28

• Bay Watcher
  • nothing to see here....
    • View Profile

Shinji moves over next to Rin.

"If you're fine with it, I'd be willing to help ya with dinner, Miss Mizuno. I ain't nowhere near as good a cook as my mom, but I know how to make a few things."

Eclogia

• Bay Watcher
  • Play Alchemy Stars!
    • View Profile

Kazuko approached Amsel. Even though they rode the same carriage, they hadn't been discussing much.
I suppose we won't have the time to unload her before leaving in the morning. If you don't mind, Amsel, I am curious about how this doll of yours works. Does she need magical energy? Can she eat?
"Alana Eclogia" may not be my real name, but it may as well be so.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"She? Well, regardless, no, the doll can not eat. In fact, attempting to feed it would likely stick up all the internal mechanisms, not to mention it would likely rot inside, so I would need to open it up and clean out the mess." Amsel replied, ”Though technically I suppose it could chew food. The mouth is actually fully capable of articulating, as it’s designed to allow for speech or even singing, though it works much the same way as a phonograph. Air is pushed out by an internal mechanism pushes air out which various mechanisms along the way shape the flow of as to create a sound approximating human speech, though I need to preprogram what will be said.”

"As for whether magic is involved? Well, I can at least confirm it wasn’t used consciously. Admittedly there were some mornings I awoke with no knowledge of the previous few days, a desperate need for food, and a fully anatomically correct human torso laying in my bed, but all of my inspections seem to suggest the doll’s functionality is fully in line with what I’d expect of the karakuri I’ve used for it."
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile

Roland glanced at Todoroki as he shifted his weight on the staff.

"A spar, you say... It would be an honor to take the Mountain on such an offer."

Eclogia

• Bay Watcher
  • Play Alchemy Stars!
    • View Profile

Kazuko realized she had misjudged the situation about the doll. She quickly covered her mouth with a slight *Oops.*
So it's a simply a karakuri... Seeing your involvement in the Mizuno school, I had begun imagining the wildest things! It seems quite evolved, though. I'm impressed.
"Alana Eclogia" may not be my real name, but it may as well be so.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

"Oh no. While I have found what magical healing I have learned from the Mizuno school fascinating, my central focus remains to be the physical body itself." he replied, "In fact, the doll is actually the culmination of my work from before I arrived in Horai, using karakuri to make anatomy models."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

-snip-
Lan just stares at Amsel blankly.

-snip-
"It's fine! I know how to cook...a little."
"That's a lie. Rin's cooking....I've never had someone cook so well."

-snip-
Todoroki folds his arms.
"Oh, you're down? Okay. Well, I'd like to test you out, seeing as we never got our spar back at Mount Kaikuma."

Lightbringer28

• Bay Watcher
  • nothing to see here....
    • View Profile

"It's fine! I know how to cook...a little."
"That's a lie. Rin's cooking....I've never had someone cook so well."

The cat Misaki clapped his hands together.

"Well, looks like I'm in good hands then! Shall we get started?"

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

"Kei will watch. If Boss loses, Kei gets his portion of dinner."

Kei abruptly appears from the forest line, having practically disappeared without a trace shortly after the group had stopped.

"Kei also double checked the area. Seems clear enough."
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile

"It would do no good to malnourish the Mountain. "Kei", you may take my portion if so you desire."

Roland neatly pulled the hood of his robe down, before turning towards Todoroki, holding his staff idly.

"I am ready, then."

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

Kaori gave a small sigh as she settled down to watch the upcoming fight. "Do you people enjoy fighting like this?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Yes."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]