Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 5281 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2024, 05:48:58 pm »

Taarkara flew back a bit. She immediately made the connection that this thing kidnapped her.
"Who are you? Why have you kidnapped me?"
Then the crow remembered how the hole appeared just as she was wishing one would appear.
"Why did a hole appear as soon as I wished one would?"
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2024, 11:30:59 pm »

Val glances up to catch a glimpse of the little lizard peering back down from its perch, "I'd say that it's got me more than the other way around. I ain't exactly a wise guy, neither, but I'm not gonna go and drink liquid wax." He motions in the direction the doll-girl went and quirks an eyebrow. "Speaking of unwise, want to have a look around?" He starts off in that direction without waiting for a reply.

Duh? follows a short distance away, keeping his attention mostly between the lizard and the surrounding area.  "No time like the present, Duh?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2024, 01:22:06 pm »

And beside the mirror stands a short and overweight ?man? in a checkered orange and white suit with a black bowler hat and a massive toothy grin that is far oversized for his face, his pearly teeth each individually larger than his eyes or nose.
He's just standing there leaning on a solid black cane, and watches you as you walk past, his eyes unblinking, without saying a single word as you put the wall on the other side of the archway between you and him
((That’s one nasty motherfucker. Glad for Hireshite that I didn’t go there first.))
«That is not for me to judge.» Hireshite was pointedly reserved with the one who turned out to be her new master. Not to be shown vulnerability, to not invite sneeting. Not to be offended either, as she is entirely within his power. But at that moment she allowed herself a smirk. «But did the invisible thief not stalk me long enough to learn my habits better than I know them now? Have not stolen memories sufficed to gauge my character?»

Pretty sure it will not be appropriate to ask something of the sort immidiately after, but just in case:
“What do I need know about this place, if I am to serve you? What should I avoid doing? And what places there are that are allowed to me?”
Though it is plain to view that he is not keen on telling her more that she “needs”, if that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't help but push your luck, can you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2024, 01:13:00 pm »

idk and was hoping sy would decide on where to go so I could follow him, so Grumble and sit on a crate. Aren't there any tools around for opening these?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2024, 06:13:10 am »

Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Duh?'s action (click to show/hide)

You two find yourselves in the large warehouse room with the doll-carrying girl, the two-tailed cat, and the lizard on the kid's head.
You might be able to begin a circus with this...

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

The being's mouth frowned in response to your question.
"Eh? Kinapped? Since when ja lit somun kinnap ya? Don be doin that now, ya hear? I gave ya meh toy, ya gotta play wit it. Ya wish fer a hole ter scare off a cat, ya git wut looks like a hole dat'll scare off da cat! Jus wish fer whacha wan, an it'll make it look like ya got it!"

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)

The man gives you a look of disappointment.
"Heh, do guess better next time.
I thought you were alert to your surroundings, wouldn't you have noticed the rustle as they moved if they were simply invisible?
It was a scry into teleport, clean, simple, and effective.
I'm fairly certain it's how almost all agents were acquired.

Of course, we won't be having any more of that now will we?
Keep your key on your person, it blocks scrying from anyone but me.
And as for teleportation, well, I've given you a taste of it for yourself.
Pick a shadow you can see and focus on it while you step into another, you'll find yourself at the shadow you focused on."

Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)

glancing around, you find that oddly enough there are no tools for opening crates. No open crates or empty crates either. Still it seems sturdy enough for sitting, and so it becomes a seat for you. As you look around, a kid with a red lizard on his head and a fit young man enter the room from the hallway you entered it from as well.

Spoiler: Celosia action (click to show/hide)

You watch the new arrivals from your perch on a shelf. They aren't cats.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2024, 02:42:51 pm »

I call over to the girl with the doll, "Duh?  Hey, you run the place, yeah?  What's up?  Nice to meet you!"  My voice is calm and friendly, respectful as well.   I stay near the kid I entered with but sidestep once, further from the seated girl, as I continue to follow him in, so that if the kid tries to head back the way we came I won't be in his way at all, and so that if the girl or something near her rushes at us, then the kid's closer than I.

To me, it seems obvious that she's sitting there waiting for us, I don't even wonder this.  Anyone really skilled at reading my body language would likely catch that, my position, tone, and mannerisms all suggest I think she might be powerful and in control.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2024, 05:28:41 am »

Try to teleport from nearest column to the other and then back. Setting candle down on the lit side beforehand, of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't help but push your luck, can you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2024, 07:06:44 pm »

Esellez is surprised by the arrival of two young men. Well, not that surprised. At least they don't seem very threatening.

"(Hello! Umm, do you have to speak in that barbarian tongue? Please?)"
She pats the crate next to where she's sitting, inviting this person to sit down.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2024, 05:37:23 pm »

Taarkara realized that the thing won't help her as she could barely hear the words he's saying.
She looked behind her to check if the door is open.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2024, 05:44:42 pm »

Esellez is surprised by the arrival of two young men. Well, not that surprised. At least they don't seem very threatening.

She pats the crate next to where she's sitting, inviting this person to sit down.

I watch this motion, and hear the female's oddly soft, to me incomprehensible speech.  I sweep into a deep, theatrical bow, miming doffing a hat which I do not wear but flourishing with it, mime-like, as I bow in a way which to the highly and specifically informed is in the fashion of a court's jester bowing to a welcome visitor of high rank from outside my own court; the gesture contains the specific mannerisms  used to indicate that I am greeting a power I do not serve, but greeting that as a power indeed and an ally who is welcome by the master I do serve.

Those not highly informed in the techniques used by such courtly times might find my flourishing bow unusual and exceptionally dramatic, with many small additional movements that could seem out of place.

I straighten, carefully returning my mimed hat to atop my head, then turn to Val with a respectful nod.  "So, Duh? But do we approach and join her?  Wanna sit where she patted, maybe?  And I can't understand her.  Can you?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2024, 10:18:30 pm »

Spoiler: Duh? action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Esselez action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Val action (click to show/hide)

Duh? attempts to have a conversation, and discovers that the girl speaks very quietly and doesn't even seem to speak his language.

Esselez attempts to speak with the new arrivals, but they seem to speak some strange language she's never heard before.

Spoiler: Hireshite action (click to show/hide)

Setting the candle down, you put the instructions you were given into practice. It's suprisingly easy to do, but remaining oriented as you do it is not. Still, in this controlled environment it seems to go quite well.
The man watches you with distain, nodding when you set the candle down and snorting when you look around to reorient yourself after your first teleport, but otherwise doesn't comment, letting you get the practice in.

Spoiler: Taarkara action (click to show/hide)

The door seems to have closed itself behind you, but there's a matching handle on this side to what was outside, and opening it goes smoothly.

Glancing out into the hallway outside, you notice that the hole from before is gone, as are all the people. It's just empty, at least for now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2024, 05:20:22 am »

After considering the situation, Celosia decides to continue doing nothing!  He lays down on his shelf, resting his head on his paws and closing his eyes.  His ears remain trained on the people speaking, the only sign he's alert.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2024, 12:02:22 pm »

nevermind
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 08:45:59 am by MCreeper »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2024, 07:47:28 pm »

Taarkara flies further down the corridor.
"Hello, anyone?"
she/her

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2024, 08:51:35 pm »

After a minute or so of contemplation, Val responds, "Yeah, I ain't got a damn clue what you said, girl." He pauses to poke the lizard gently, "What 'bout you, pal, you know what she's on about? Maybe she's just proud of them boxes she found..."

Now a bit curious, Val walks closer to her and takes a closer look at the crate she patted to see how secure it is, then glances around for something to use as a prybar.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8