Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia ENDED.  (Read 4460 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (signups)
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2024, 04:35:19 pm »

All right, 7 it is then.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (signups)
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2024, 06:05:16 pm »

All right, 7 it is then.

There is a fantastic Gnome that may also follow me here, but needs time and won't be this game, surely.

But encouraging signing up to the forum, and being ready for future games.

The fabled B12 range of power games is a potent lure, so glad you are considering hosting into the future too!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Soviet Mafia (7/7, Day 1)
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2024, 04:10:18 pm »

Life was hard back in old country, milok. Let dedushka tell you story from bad old days.

Story begins in little village on river Krai. My batya had died of work that year and mama was sick, so only seven working adults were left in whole village. That was how it was in those days, milok - life short and death always waiting. Then we heard news that the Commissars were coming, and it was like Hell had broken loose. Everyone was watching his back, and watching his neighbors' fronts, and peaceful village life went... kaput.

Can you save your village from disaster? Do you even want to? Regardless, some of you may find yourselves in possession of items of CONTRABAND. CONTRABAND is dangerous to have, even more dangerous to keep, and most dangerous of all to use. CONTRABAND can be used day or night, but each player can take only one action per day-night cycle. It is up to you whether or not to use it, but, at the end of every day or whenever you die, you must choose a living player to whom to pass off your CONTRABAND, lest the Commissars get wind that you had it. The chosen player will not learn the identity of the donor. Other than this one little rule, gameplay is as usual for a typical mafia game. Days will last 72 hours and nights 24, roughly speaking. This implies that Day 1 will end at 5pm Eastern Time, Monday, June 17, 2024.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2024, 04:11:56 pm »

I arise~~~ from the dead! Did ya miss me bay12?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2024, 04:18:16 pm »

Comrade Pidgeon, do you know the first thing we do on Day 1 here?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2024, 04:45:57 pm »

PULL TEETH

You know better than this though; what are you going to do first second thing D1?

I guess a good start would be figuring out the setup, to some extent.

From the OP:

There are Wreckers in glorious Soviet paradise! Will you side with the Party or the Oligarchy, or will you just keep your head down and do your best to survive the harsh Siberian winter?

Looks like we may have a team of Wreckers and maybe a survivor.

Thoughts?

Ha I don’t have to type out the entirety of everyone’s username this time.

Imp which slot would you like figured out first?

NJW who would you give your contraband to: someone you felt was scum, or someone you felt was town?

Pigeon bog standard “you’re new round here” questions. How much experience do you have, do you prefer playing as scum or town (or TP), that sort of “easy to use as a means of looking like I’m active” stuff.

CM you are a sneaky deaky. Who would you want to be teamed with as scum?

sofaJack do you think you should be a policy lynch just for being awkward and two-headed? what sort of thing would you do to get us out of RVS, like, now?

Somebody do something big and clever to get us out of RVS. Like tell us what your contraband does.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2024, 04:48:11 pm »

not the foggiest clue what you do :P

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2024, 05:06:23 pm »

sofaJack what sort of thing would you do to get us out of RVS, like, now?
Let my two cerebrums cerebrate for a second...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That work? :P
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2024, 05:07:00 pm »

Check your PM of course. Or if you're me, make a post without looking. Bit loopy tonight. About to have dinner.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2024, 05:07:55 pm »

I arise~~~ from the dead! Did ya miss me bay12?

Wow, Comrade TricMagic Dracoliche!  What a mighty amount of village work you can surely do, no care for the cold or hunger.  Lucky us to have you here.

I have missed Bay12 and the ways of our people more than I thought possible, you among them.  My happiness is unlimited now that we are here again, even if there are but seven of us still actually here.

EuchreJack/Sofanthiel, ahh, our Siamese twins.  I am guessing... it is you that labor with robotic piracy to ensure that there is always something for us all, no matter how cold the night and difficult the task.

hector13, mmm.  You seem strong indeed.  I like that, good for our village, but you do seem to mean to run it your way.  I wonder what that will come to mean.
Spoiler: setup? (click to show/hide)

Mmm.  I want to survive this cold time.  So I want the slot(s) of those who cannot win with me, and I want them 'fixed'.  Perhaps that wincon issue can be corrected; I can win with anyone as far as I know (We Spin, so little do I know anything.)

CrystalizedMire, greetings, precious fellow worker.  I hope the winter has not been extra cruel to you, and I'm glad you're among our seven.

AnimePigeon, ahh, you are here, for good or ill.  Welcome!  Without you we would be far fewer, so with you we shall surely flourish.

NJW2000, I am incredibly excited to play our new game together.  You remain one of the players I think very highly of and watch closely.  I'm so glad I have, probably, no reason to try and pin you this game as the last ChooseYourOwnSpheres game made me worried I must.  I can't wait to see what you do and how you do it!

This game, if allowed, I play intensely for fun.  Yours as well as mine, all of you possible; that is the wincon I embrace with my survivor-freedom!

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2024, 05:09:56 pm »

PULL TEETH

You know better than this though; what are you going to do first second thing D1?

I guess a good start would be figuring out the setup, to some extent.

From the OP:

There are Wreckers in glorious Soviet paradise! Will you side with the Party or the Oligarchy, or will you just keep your head down and do your best to survive the harsh Siberian winter?

Looks like we may have a team of Wreckers and maybe a survivor.

Thoughts?

Ha I don’t have to type out the entirety of everyone’s username this time.

NJW who would you give your contraband to: someone you felt was scum, or someone you felt was town?

Pigeon bog standard “you’re new round here” questions. How much experience do you have, do you prefer playing as scum or town (or TP), that sort of “easy to use as a means of looking like I’m active” stuff.

CM you are a sneaky deaky. Who would you want to be teamed with as scum?

sofaJack do you think you should be a policy lynch just for being awkward and two-headed? what sort of thing would you do to get us out of RVS, like, now?

Somebody do something big and clever to get us out of RVS. Like tell us what your contraband does.
How much experience do you have, do you prefer playing as scum or town (or TP), that sort of “easy to use as a means of looking like I’m active” stuff. - I've been playing Social Deduction since around the mid 2000's. I did Drama & Theatre Studies in College, which also involved some method acting and Werewolf.

I prefer being the Scum Alignment. With Some Knowledge or A lot (depending on the set), it's fairly simple to appear "Townie".

I never quite understand why some people prefer the Townie Alignment - as it's typically a lot harder to come across "Townie".

I typically find it hard to have good entrances. Additionally, I'm generally not a simple player, there is generally some madness and slight method behind the majority of what I say and do.

But I don't actually think I'm that good at Social Deduction. I prefer to be known as a rubbish player, as it generally allows me enough leeway to get away with some shenanigans - but typically once I've completed the odd shenanigan play or two, people stop believing I'm not good 😂

AnimePigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2024, 05:21:45 pm »

Happy to join you here Imp!

7 Players in this Game, so would it be fair to assume 1 Evil?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2024, 05:30:10 pm »

Happy to join you here Imp!

7 Players in this Game, so would it be fair to assume 1 Evil?

Our Glorious Leader is especially creative.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are no town or scum, we're all 3rd party, and 3 of us is are survivor-eaters (maybe essentially SK) and the rest survivors.

Or that the way to 'win' is between 2 of us only, and the rest of us dance around wondering what the heck we're supposed to pretend to be while those two sort out how they're going to fix this, before we crazily do it for them in a way that makes the game end with everyone dead, or whatever.

Literally nothing else could surprise me either; I've learned manners since my last Spin game and learned that I actually really like these games, even if they confuse the heck out of me.

However, you're in Bay12 now.  The game will (probably) be balanced; we have Mephansteras who is highly experienced at that, and this was not announced as an intentionally unbalanced game (I embrace whatever it is, no matter what).  But there's a lot of ways to balance a game, and while 1 maf role is likely, 2's not impossible.  Maybe zero isn't impossible either.

I have no clues to share about how many scum there are.

I highly suspect that if something happened to kill the rest of you, game ends and I lose.

I don't know how to win this game, just... I'd like someone who can win that I can win with.  That would be so awesome.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2024, 05:40:40 pm »

Probably not since votes shouldn’t be made in spoilers :p

It seems pretty clear to me that actions, other than giving, are contraband-based. Knowing where they are and what they do is probably to the village’s benefit.

Would you prefer this knowledge to be kept secret? Why/why not?

If it makes you feel any better, nobody has to give me contraband.

In case anyone missed it:

Imp has claimed survivor

If anybody happens to have a means of dealing with that which is not the vote, that’d be really cool. Survivors are bad for my morale but I suppose this needs to be corrected so… please don’t have them around for endgame, which will probably come quickly in a 7-player setup.

Sorry Imp, nothing personal, TPs are horrid.

Anyhow, I guess we can delve into that further:

Mmm.  I want to survive this cold time.  So I want the slot(s) of those who cannot win with me, and I want them 'fixed'.  Perhaps that wincon issue can be corrected; I can win with anyone as far as I know (We Spin, so little do I know anything

Have you been told anything about wincons you can’t win with and potential means of “fixing”?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2024, 05:50:43 pm »

Probably not since votes shouldn’t be made in spoilers :p

It seems pretty clear to me that actions, other than giving, are contraband-based. Knowing where they are and what they do is probably to the village’s benefit.

Would you prefer this knowledge to be kept secret? Why/why not?

If it makes you feel any better, nobody has to give me contraband.

In case anyone missed it:

Imp has claimed survivor

If anybody happens to have a means of dealing with that which is not the vote, that’d be really cool. Survivors are bad for my morale but I suppose this needs to be corrected so… please don’t have them around for endgame, which will probably come quickly in a 7-player setup.

Sorry Imp, nothing personal, TPs are horrid.

Anyhow, I guess we can delve into that further:

Mmm.  I want to survive this cold time.  So I want the slot(s) of those who cannot win with me, and I want them 'fixed'.  Perhaps that wincon issue can be corrected; I can win with anyone as far as I know (We Spin, so little do I know anything

Have you been told anything about wincons you can’t win with and potential means of “fixing”?

I'm aware I'm posting to frequent for us.  I'll slow down, but I wanna vote so this gets made now.

Unless I misunderstand, Hector13 does not wish to allow me to win with him or anyone, that whole, "please don’t have [Imp] around for endgame".  Nothing personal from me either, Hec; you weren't town last time I Spun with you and you saw how hard I can dance, as survivor, for town.  And you openly and immediately want me not to endgame, yum.  I accept your elim should that happen; I also accept later renegotiations should you come to your senses.  But at least you're not policy-elim focus on our hydra if you're policy elim on me first, that's something :)

As to 'TP being horrible'.  I sure can be.  Right now you negotiate towards horror aimed at you specifically.  I'm surprised you want that, but I can oblige.

I already answered your question about what I was told about wincons.  Our last Spin together, there were conversions possible and actual; I never knew there were wincons that explicitly could not win with my wincon.

I have no idea if that's in play here, or if it's fixable.  Last Spin it was an issue and was potentially fixable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15