Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Funerals  (Read 624 times)

Dolohov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Funerals
« on: September 24, 2008, 09:04:11 am »

When a dwarf with a tomb dies and is buried, that dwarf's friends and family should throw a funeral at the tomb (the same way they normally throw parties at meeting places).  Attending the funeral of a friend would generate a happy thought (maybe according to how nice the tomb is, or how many other dwarves attend) to partly counteract the unhappy thoughts associated with the death itself.  It would also be something to keep track of in the history of a dwarf's life, how many dwarves attended the funeral.

It would be a nice addition just for additional color, but would also give us a way to prepare to counteract potential tantrum bombs -- if I notice that the philosopher has a lot of friends, then I can assign him a nice tomb in the event he catches fire or wanders into a siege.

illiterate

• Bay Watcher
  • [THRIVES_ON_OBSCURITY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Funerals
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:39:49 am »

"Today:  The Wake of Harvey Pitnik -- Held over for second big week!"
"I accidentally dislodged a single tile at ground level while trimming the hill around the fortress entrance, and it punched through a lava moat, a gem stockpile and a bone stockpile before coming to a halt in someone's bedroom.  The bedroom's owner, a planter, was in bed at the time, and he got up and walked to the door just in time to get a coating of lava, gems, bones and scorched legendary miner chunks."  -NCarter

Fuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Funerals
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 01:32:53 pm »

"Today:  The Wake of Harvey Pitnik -- Held over for second big week!"
The difference between a Dwarven party and a Dwarven funeral? One less drunk.

^_^ And do the people held a grudge get a happy thought for attending the service and/or every time they pass the tomb?