Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Weeaboo Fortress: Ninja's attack  (Read 11252 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Weeaboo Fortress: Ninja's attack
« on: November 08, 2008, 01:01:23 am »

***SAMURAI FORTRESS: DF MOD***

Samurai Fortress: current version v.5 first release - I'm releasing now so I can get some input on play balance and bugfixing.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=648
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8UU4K1UX

Samurai Fortress aims to be a total conversion mod of DF, turning it into a mythical age of Japan.

Current races are:
Japanese - The Samurai
Chinese - The widespread mercantile folk
Koreans - Nature-loving, heavily-armored, ridiculously-weaponed zergers
Thai - diminutive brawlers with strong Muay Thai
Mongols - The dark invaders renown for their javelin throwers, archers, and lancer superiority
Shinobi - Ninjas - need I say more.
with more to be implemented.

All with customized weapons, armor, items, and personalities that will be added onto and fleshed out in each new version.

All of DF's language files were translated sloppily into Japanese - I will go fix some of the odd translations later - as it takes FOREVER to translate 2000+ words. Japanese is currently the only language added in, as it took way too much time to go through all of them. I may tackle Chinese or Thai next. (I am Thai).

There are over 500+ new creatures in this release.
All of these were added:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures_from_Japan

Bodies and attacks have been totally retooled. Embarking in evil areas is much more difficult.

Future plans: more balancing, more creatures, bug fixing, more civs, more metals,
greater differentiation in martial arts styles between races.

I aim to be a community driven mod, meaning that all your input will be welcomed. Samurai Fortress is not finished! It's history will be determined by you, the player. Please share your stories on the Samurai Fortress thread - your heroes and legends will be added to the mod and create Japanese clan civs. New megabeasts shall roam the land and others will die out, or evolve...

Note: A few changes may be required to the init for you, as it is tooled out for me.

Give feedback, so I could make this mod even better!

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:21:38 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Samurai Fortress: A Community Driven mod- first release
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 02:16:28 am »

The english translations are close enough on the weapons, though a tachi of the more Kusanagi-type style is probably closer to a western longsword.  And tonfa have certain distinguishing features, though they are pretty much a club.  Pretty cool stuff, all told, though.  I like it.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 03:17:01 am »

Any more input? I know more people have downloaded  ;D

phi2dao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 12:00:11 pm »

I like it.

My only problem with it is that the descriptions get really distracting.  Maybe if you shortened the descriptions on the actual creatures and put the full description in a comment in the RAWs.  That would be nice.

Bobokapi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 02:20:14 pm »

Great job!
So far I've only done adventure mode with a Korean, but really interesting witches and ghosts to fight.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 04:20:54 pm »

I like it.

My only problem with it is that the descriptions get really distracting.  Maybe if you shortened the descriptions on the actual creatures and put the full description in a comment in the RAWs.  That would be nice.
I'll work on that for the next version.

Right now I'm trying to make ambushes in adventure mode more varied than the usual "wolf, wolf, wolf, lion, jaguar, leopard, and occasional ghostie".

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Samurai Fortress: A Community Driven mod
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 04:33:28 pm »

One question before I download it.

Would children be able to jump kick my head into an unrecognizable mess?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Samurai Fortress: A Community Driven mod
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 04:38:38 pm »

One question before I download it.

Would children be able to jump kick my head into an unrecognizable mess?

If you're wearing no helmets and get a particularly bad roll, yes.

Likewise you'll see children elbowing bandits in the genitals and other fun stuff. There's a lot more bones to break now with blunt weapons too.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weeaboo Fortress: Ninja's attack
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 11:22:41 pm »

There's quite a few fixes to this as well as the translations - but waiting for the next release when shit will get broken.

E-mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 03:35:39 pm »

Aw. Realistic weaboo. Now I can't suggest ten billion anime/gaming references. :V

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:55:43 am »

Aw. Realistic weaboo. Now I can't suggest ten billion anime/gaming references. :V

Yeah! Well, this is good, anyway. Will try after I finish my current game first.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 04:04:44 pm »

I actually had drawn up plans for an internet meme version of DF - so hilarity (4chan) everywhere.

But I was finishing this mod up when Toady announced UBER NEW VERSION so no point in working on a new mod when it's going to be totally broken in a month.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 12:20:43 am »

But I was finishing this mod up when Toady announced UBER NEW VERSION so no point in working on a new mod when it's going to be totally broken in a month.

I wouldn't expect the new version before February.  It'll probably be released closer to April or May.  So mod away.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:19 am »

I just lost 6 adventurers in a row to Basan, firebreathing chicken monsters.  The best I did was with a Shinobi, I was able to kill five of the beasts before I was brought down by their fire.  Possibly because of their steel armor.  Its a little frustrating.  I think maybe their size should get lowered a bit and possibly they should loose the ability to wrestle.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 01:43:38 am »

Ninja's actually have crap armor, but enhanced speed and slight natural damage reduction. Which might explain why they're better at taking them down. You can take a Korean's steel armor for added effectiveness, but if you aren't speedy enough this will slow down your shinobi and be bad.

Well trained Koreans can slice monsters in half too with their ridiculous weapons. If Basans are killing all your adventurers, avoid those evil areas and train off regular ambushes. They only spawn in [evil]/terrifying areas which should be well... terrifying.

I will look at NERFAN for the next release though.
Pages: [1] 2