Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 421300 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok)
« Reply #480 on: May 05, 2009, 07:41:06 am »

I'd like a dwarf, please, just after whatever madness you're planning right now has blown over. Just name him Aldaris, he'll have gone quietly mad from the horror. Paranoid and all. might be useful in the storyline. Not an Erib worshipper, please.

Shame you don't have any magma sources here other than the finite amount of it in the pits. A liberal application of it would be fitting. Ah, well just make a giant stone hand sticking out of the ground in the shape of a fist with a raised middle finger. covered in the blood of the elven tree-huggers and Eribite menace.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 05, 2009, 06:23:06 pm »

I hope Grigrak's current incarnation suffers lots of internal strife from this duality. Supporting Queen Urist on an intellectual and emotional level while subconsciously simultaneously fearing and loathing her.

Speaking of Grigrak, do you have a new incarnation in mind, or do you want me to give some input on his next life?

There was one quick incarnation and then death I had in mind, feel free to pick the one after that...that will be your host for the duration of 'the event'.

Herrrm, this will be interesting. How about this?

Name: Eberdek
Profession: Queen Urist's loyal food taster.
Description: One would expect Queen Urist's food taster would have a short life, what with her many enemies. However, Grigrak's incarnations can only be killed by Queen Urist herself, not by anyone else who would want her dead. Therefore, Eberdek suffers all the ill effects of all the poisons in Queen Urist's food, save death. It is a horrible, miserable existence.

Feel free to alter the details as you see fit. I'll leave how Eberdek dies up to you, though I hope that it silly and pointless.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 06, 2009, 07:49:14 pm »

Hey I just read this whole thing and i want in.

Name:Labs

I'm with the coup!!!
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 06, 2009, 09:54:27 pm »

If you wouldn't mind, I would like a dwarf:
Name: Argonnek
Profession: Some sort of craftsdwarf, preferably a clothesmaker
Affiliation: I support my Queen!
If I must be recruited when the "Event" happens then I will proudly serve in the military

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 07, 2009, 04:35:26 pm »

One question: How will you be doing this? Just use a program to turn all those dwarves that revolt into enemies?
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 07, 2009, 10:20:53 pm »

No no, pissing everyone off enough to start a riot.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 07, 2009, 11:38:24 pm »

But then they won't really fight in an organized civil war.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 07, 2009, 11:39:50 pm »

My guess is MrGimp will keep Urist's side happy

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #488 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:45 pm »

Heres a list including the new dwarves.  So now we have...

Loyalist Heroes
MadMonkey24
Mogror Harbett    (Mggarg Eater of Chicken)
Grigrak's Host    (Jim Groovester)
Lord Dullard   
Argonnek

Treacherous Jerks
Jazz  (Jackrabbit)
Myth
Christes
Tradanbattlan's Ghost
Grigrak   (Jim Groovester)
Labs

Neutrals
Eagle
Steve
Aldaris (Ill add you in after 'the event')

We still have Bowbeard, Hamdinger, Akigagak, LegoLord, Guy Montag (your guy will be in by the time of 'the event') to hear from...

Since Hamdinger and Lord Montague worship Armok, Ill default them to the Queen's side if I dont hear from you guys in time.  I wouldnt want to lose one of Armok's precious slaves.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #489 on: May 09, 2009, 07:32:02 pm »

One question: How will you be doing this? Just use a program to turn all those dwarves that revolt into enemies?

I dont really know how Im going to do it actually...I dont really plan things...things just kinda happen as I go. 

Well...I have some ideas.  Im definitely going to try and provoke a bunch of dwarves.   :P
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #490 on: May 09, 2009, 07:52:04 pm »

Lord Jazz guarded the western entrance to Blockedlance.  It was his position and his alone.  The other three entrances to Blockedlance were each guarded by entire squads of dwarves, but not this one.  This one needed only Jazz, for Jazz lived only for combat and to prove himself worthy of his adopted father, the old Captain of the Guard, Jackrabbit Spireknife.  One day Jazz hoped to be buried beside him, in the Dwarven Valhalla Cave - the Cave of the Slain.  Only the bravest and fiercest fighters received the honor of burial in the Cave of the Slain.

Jazz was suspiscious of other dwarves, especially Queen Urist's military, and would not fight with them.  He knew the Queen's sadistic hand had brought this suffering upon his family.  She had left Captain Jack to burn out in the fields so that she could remove a great warrior who might oppose her...Jazz had always known this.  But he would bide his time and hone his combat skills for now.

When the sieges would come, Jazz would march out by himself and go into berserkerkrang, the trance of a warrior!

The goblins were brutally and mercilessly cut down, and Jazz returned to his station.

During this most recent siege, the goblins threw themselves against the eastern ramparts.  Now we have more goblins and beak dogs for arena torture.  Huzzah!

One of the goblins also fell in the moat and drowned.  Good.  Im glad his death was slow.  It gave him time to think about what he did.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #491 on: May 09, 2009, 08:09:25 pm »

Now, you sit in that water and you may not come out until you have realised what you have done!!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #492 on: May 09, 2009, 08:18:34 pm »

Queen Urist grabbed the Clerks clipboard and papers from his hands and threw them in the air, casting them all about.

"Just get it done or Ill send you up there to live with the low browed, knuckle dragging mouth breathers!!!" threatened the Queen.

"Yes, your majesty...I'm sorry I dropped my papers, your majesty," he said as he fell to the ground and began collecting the parchments.  He grabbed them quickly, crumpling many of them up, then hurried from the room.

The Queen was under a lot of pressure lately.  With the planning for her 20th anniversary celebration dragging on into winter, she was beginning to worry that her plans would end in failure.  Just then, Mogror Harbett shuffled into the throne room.

"Ah!  Wise dwarf, I was expecting to see you earlier," remarked the Queen coldly.

"Yes your majesty....sorry your majesty....but it is done...." mumbled the old dwarf as he hobbled towards the Queen. 

The Queen's face went pale.  She hadn't really wanted to believe it.  "Take me to him."

Mogror stopped, and turned around, then began dragging his body back the way he had come.  "Yes your majesty..."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:10:04 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #493 on: May 09, 2009, 08:41:41 pm »

The philosopher Asmel was bent over the Birchen bin, with golden statues on either side of him.  He was looking through the artifacts hidden in the Queen's dining room while Mogror distracted the Queen in the throne room.

Mogror had told him of a great turtle shell idol of Armok that was the source of Armok's power in the fortress.  Asmel would retrieve it, and the Queen's madness would be stopped. 

Just then he heard something.  He jumped back around like lightning.  It was just Mogror.

"Oh, it's just you."  Asmel sighed.  "Wait...what are you doing here?  Why arren't you talking to the Queen?"

Just then the Queen stepped into the room behind Mogror.  Asmel fought the urge to vomit.  He lost. 

The Queen was heartbroken, she had awkwardly tried to love Asmel, even though she was a loveless bitch.  She was unable to befriend anyone since the days before Blockedlance, since the days before she became Queen.  There had been a brief moment where she and Asmel had connected...but niow here he was trying to destroy her God, ruin her chances at immortality, and kill her.  She was lost for words.

"My queen....Im not trying to steal anything....I....I just wanted to play these two rose quartz harps you got here...."

"Shut up Asmel!  I know what your plan here was!"

Asmel gulped.

"Mogror was setting you up the entire time, proving his loyalty.  I reward loyalty.  In fact, Mogror, you are going to live with one of the Duchess' naked daughters from now on."

"Oh yes youre majesty!" said Mogror as he nearly choked with excitement.  His heartrate jumped through the roof, he felt as he had never felt in centuries, what with women not liking old crazy guys and all.

"As for YOU traitor....I have a special fate in mind.  You have left me dead inside....and so shall I leave you.  The celebrations of my Queenship are about to begin, and the blood is going to be on YOUR hands.  You will watch them suffer!"

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:46:42 am by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #494 on: May 09, 2009, 08:51:34 pm »

Atis Athelkud, widow of the late Elder of the House of Erib lead her assigned companions down towars the cave river.  The celebrations of Queen Urist's reign were about to begin, and Atis was ordered to take some dwarves down to the statue garden by the river and await the Queen's arrival.  Atis was smug and confident.  Many of the dwarves that were with her had already sworn themselves to her, and as Mayor she was going to lead a coup against the Queen.  Yes when the Queen arrived tonight she would be surrounded.  Her guards would be outnumbered, and if they did indeed fight, Atis knew of many in the military that would be sympathetic to her cause.

It was checkmate.

Atis lead the group down the hallway and around the corner......but when they got to the doors of the cave river garden, they were found to be sealed by great steel slabs.

"What in the seventy two blazes???" cried Atis.  The dwarves looked around for a lever, or switch.  There was nothing.  A loud slam was heard down the hallway.  Atis rushed back to see that steel slabs were now sealing off her only exits from the peasant quarters. 

Fuck.

There was a loud metal clang, and then the sound of rushing water.  The dwarves began looking at each other with bewildered faces.  Atis knew the jig was up.

Suddenly torrents of water poured from the ceiling.  The panicked dwarves scattered in all directions...

« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:13:20 pm by MrGimp »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 164