Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42

Author Topic: [Quickfort] 2.04 released -- now with minecart track support! [DF 0.34.10]  (Read 306986 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre3 released
« Reply #285 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:39 pm »

You could have run out of items designated for tasks. QF goes completely whacky then. The suspend command is good to just build certain items in area, when it is working. If you just quit, and try it again(Alt D) it will go bonkers. #build I found out needs C(whatever constructed stuff) in the cell, while furniture just needs it designation, d for door, s for statue, same as commands in DF. Are you using lower case letters? These comments are just a stab in the dark, since I am new, but statues and doors still are getting placed. Love this utility, and chromofort is a good addition
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #286 on: June 02, 2011, 08:28:29 am »

I was making a few custom dig scripts for bed rooms and workshops and decided I wanted to make some build scripts to go along with them. I'm running in to problems though with the build scripts placing other objects than what I designated for it to place. For example; it will place a door where I had a statue designated in the excel sheet. Here is a build script for the bed room design: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/Bedrooms-1-dig.csv <---Dig http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12780033/Bedrooms-1-build.csv <---Build

I've also noticed it will sometimes use thrones than tables. Anyone got some tips on what is causing it I'm all ears.
I haven't run your blueprints, but I did notice on your #build blueprint you have "i" commands (presumably left over from the #dig blueprint). These could very well be the cause, since 'i' in build mode opens the ballista/catapult build menu, after which point QF will probably have gotten itself stuck in that menu at the wrong time and subsequently gone "off the rails".

If that doesn't fix the issue post back and let us know what version of QF you're using. It might also be useful to extract just one bedroom into a new pair of blueprints and see if that works correctly, then expand to half the original blueprints, etc.

As Fredd said, you might also be running out of the necessary mats. The spurious "i" commands seem most likely to be the issue though.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2011, 11:53:36 am »

I have just finished laying out the interior /exterior walls, and flooring for the first floor of a modest keep. Figured out the accursed 99 problem, after 2 failed efforts, lol.
 The question is if I make up a blueprint to add furnishings on the identical second floor, will I have problems with building furniture over constructed flooring? Thanks
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Brambled

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2011, 07:49:42 pm »

So is there any other program out there that is more up to date for the game?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2011, 07:58:53 pm »

Quickfort doesn't require updating for new versions of DF like Therapist or Foreman, it should work fine in 31.25.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2011, 05:44:46 pm »

Quickfort doesn't require updating for new versions of DF like Therapist or Foreman, it should work fine in 31.25.
This is correct, though the aliases.txt in QF1.x won't work right in 31.25.

I have a fixed aliases.txt in QF2.00pre4 which I have not yet released, but will soon. I've got about 2-3 weeks left before I will have time to do that release, and the "non pre" release version should follow quickly afterwards. FINALLY.  ;D

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 11, 2011, 09:00:00 pm »

...the aliases.txt in QF1.x won't work right in 31.25.

I have a fixed aliases.txt in QF2.00pre4 which I have not yet released, but will soon. I've got about 2-3 weeks left before I will have time to do that release, and the "non pre" release version should follow quickly afterwards. FINALLY.  ;D

Sounds great!  8) Looking forward to that.  :D

However, if aliases.txt is broken for 31.25, I'm wondering why you decided not to release your fixed aliases.txt as a temporary solution until you're ready to release the next version? After all, updated aliases.txt files have been released in this thread before. And running or compiling AutoHotkey scripts is easy, even for those without much programming experience. Myself, I don't normally compile or program code, but I have managed to do some AutoHotkey stuff.

Sharing code is easy with sites such as  bitbucket, pastebin.com, gist.github.com and Google's code playground. And since aliases.txt is so short, it could have been inserted into {spoiler}{code}{/code}{/spoiler} tags and pasted into a forum post.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 09:02:57 pm by Thundercraft »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #292 on: June 13, 2011, 10:32:18 am »

However, if aliases.txt is broken for 31.25, I'm wondering why you decided not to release your fixed aliases.txt as a temporary solution until you're ready to release the next version?
The main reason is that 2.00pre3 doesn't handle aliases.txt at all. In 2.00pre4 this support has been added, along with handling some keystroke codes used a lot in aliases.txt, e.g. {Down 5}. QF2.x also supports a few new keystroke commands/shortcuts that weren't in QF1.x.

EDIT: To be more clear, the underlying reason why I never released an updated aliases.txt for QF1.x was because I thought hardly anybody was using it. Turns out it's one of the most used features of QF -- which led to adding aliases.txt support into QF2.00pre4.

So, the following aliases.txt probably won't work right as-is in QF1.x without modification, though if you do a bit of search-and-replace (e.g. '&' -> '{Enter}') it should work just dandy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:33:53 pm by joelpt »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre4 released
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2011, 11:52:16 pm »

Hi folks, after a long delay here is Quickfort 2.00pre4.

New in 2.00pre4:
  • Added Alt+T command line support with new multiline ability: dig d,d#d,d  digs a 2x2 area
  • Full support for QF1-style aliases.txt is back.
  • The included aliases.txt has been updated to work correctly with DF 0.31.25 and a few new aliases were added. Please review the new config/aliases.txt as the format has changed slightly and a few aliases have been renamed for consistency.
  • Alt+R gained new syntax: halign and valign. This solves the problem with non-square blueprints failing to work with e.g. rotcw 2e 2s.
  • Build configuration, keycode mappings, and other config files externalized to config/ folder.
  • Proper quote handling in CSV files (thanks bakergo).
  • Various bug fixes, performance improvements, and UI tweaks.

At this point, I think 2.00pre4 has feature parity with 1.11. The main tasks left before release are updating the documentation (especially w.r.t. Alt+R's syntax) and constructing at least one complete fort with the blueprints/TheQuickFortress pack including the waterfall system. That should suss out any remaining bugs.

I have scrapped my plans to include a blueprints/Modular pack for the 2.0 release. I couldn't decide on a standardized size and staircase layout that suited my goal of being able to Alt+R rotate-and-repeat any Modular blueprint in multiple directions and have it "just work", like TheQuickFortress does (sans rotation).

The issue tracker for QF2 is public; feel free to submit any bugs or feature requests you might have.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:58:12 am by joelpt »

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »

Is there any way to *rotate* a quickfort blueprint? Either with a command or by some sort of copy/paste on the original CSV?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 06:42:08 pm by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2011, 09:39:15 am »

Is there any way to *rotate* a quickfort blueprint? Either with a command or by some sort of copy/paste on the original CSV?
Yes, in Quickfort 2.00pre4 after loading up your CSV, hit Alt+R and enter: rotcw
Other transformation commands are also available (rotccw, fliph, flipv) and can work in conjunction with the 2e 2s style repetition commands (still need to document this, use Alt+R, ? for some more).

joelpt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Quickfort homepage
Re: [Quickfort] Version 2.00pre5 released
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2011, 01:00:16 pm »

Hi folks, after a very short delay here is Quickfort 2.00pre5.

This was mainly a cleanup/bugfix/optimization pass. The most significant change is that repeated Alt+D use is now much faster: blueprint conversion only happens once when needed, instead of with every Alt+D.

New in 2.00pre5:
  • Optimized how Alt+D works: we now only call qfconvert the first time a conversion needs to be performed, and will remember/reuse that result for subsequent uses of Alt+D.
  • Made Alt+T command line's temp file not affect the remembered last file/folder.
  • Made keysending start faster by reducing a few Sleep durations.
  • Improved in-QFAHK Alt+R help text.
  • Changed >> TRANSFORM: in tooltip to ALT+R: (more consistent with ALT+T text in command line mode and is a helpful key hint)
  • Changed default PlaybackMode for new users from key to macro.
  • options.txt tidy-up.

All known bugs are now resolved; barring any new bugs found during testing this version should be 2.00 release-ready (still needs updated documentation).

The issue tracker for QF2 is public; feel free to submit any bugs or feature requests you might have.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:04:25 pm by joelpt »

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2011, 03:23:24 pm »

Thanks for all the work that goes into maintaining this utility -- it's probably my favorite Df utility to date. I would say it's saved me untold hours of time, but frankly it's just enabled me to spend untold hours "perfecting" my fortress layouts in successive and near-constant re-drafts.

Speaking of which, is it just me, or is the old quickfort .csv repository now down? I've got a fairly standardized fort layout I usually use (largely based on the fractal patterns in the wiki, modified for useability and efficiency etc.)  and I'd like to upload it, but I'm not sure where to upload it to.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 03:26:02 pm by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 19, 2011, 06:09:45 pm »

Speaking of which, is it just me, or is the old quickfort .csv repository now down? I've got a fairly standardized fort layout I usually use (largely based on the fractal patterns in the wiki, modified for useability and efficiency etc.)  and I'd like to upload it, but I'm not sure where to upload it to.
The old .CSV Repository is gone now. But there are still sources available for the blueprints that were stored there.

Please do share your standardized fort layout. There are not very many complete fort layouts floating around (mostly bits & pieces) and I'd love to look at your design.

As for where to upload them now? For small-ish blueprints and .CSV files, you could insert the code inside {spoiler]{code]{/spoiler]{/code] tags (replacing the "{" with "["). Like this:
Hi , as above poster I also made a simple ramp staircase.
It is a 3x3 4z (1 full spiral) , I also added an dug out area arround the staircase so it's 5x5.
Always start a zlevel down from where you want to start (ramps are upwards thus you need to dig from a zlevel higher)
I'll post both
the 3x3
the 5x5 grid (also center start)
7x7 (starts at center) it's a combination of + & x formation
Later on I'l look into a more compact and usefull ramp staircase

Otherwise, you could paste the code on a code-sharing site such as bitbucket, pastebin.com, gist.github.com, or dropbox.com. And, of course, you could pack them into a .zip or .rar and upload to one of any number of free file hosts, such as megaupload.com, mediafire.com, and wuala.com. (Personally, I'm partial to host-a.net. They only give 50 Mb of space for free, but the account is for life and they promise not to delete your files. Most free file hosts will eventually delete your files due to a lack of downloading... and usually without notice.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 06:12:57 pm by Thundercraft »

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »

Please do share your standardized fort layout. There are not very many complete fort layouts floating around (mostly bits & pieces) and I'd love to look at your design.

What I think I'll do is get this draft of my standard fort finished out, make sure I've corrected the last few typos, add some explanatory notes to each .csv,  put the whole package together in a .zip file, and then post it here in the thread together with a link to the fort on the map archive. It's not exactly a revolutionary design -- basically, I took all the fractal designs on the wiki, regularized them so they were made up entirely of 3x3 workshop-sized rooms, and arranged them around a central  double-helix spiral ramp staircase. There's a storage level I designed to snap on top of the workshop fractal without connecting to the central stairs, and then I used caramel's circular bedroom plan for my bedrooms level (to force dwarves to take the central stair to eat/sleep).

The general shape of the fort is the same every time, but I vary it depending on the site and the plumbing (water, magma, etc.) My plan this time is to run a waterfall right down the center of the spiral staircase, so every dwarf gets a wash on a regular basis. The only real downside to the setup is that it takes up a 3 x 3 block of map tiles and really ends up with more room than any fortress not running on a supercomputer could ever need, but the extra space is necessary for aesthetics :P
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 42