Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59477 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2009, 04:43:42 pm »

yeah. i have posted. as i said, i had a powercut for 3 days, which meant that firstly i couldnt post and secondly i had to trawl through everything to catch up on what i missed.

anyways, im now suspicious of janus because of his weird voting on day one, and webadict for not noticing my post.
Funny. I think we're ALL a little suspicious of Janus as well. Wouldn't everyone agree?

Maybe you weren't being very visible, which is lurking nonetheless.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2009, 04:51:42 pm »

Vote EchoP

I'd like to hear some reasoning for those suspicions. If they are true, we've got the game won. If they aren't, and especially if you are dopp or cult, following that list would mean time wasted during which the scum can recover from the two we've killed. Without reasoning that other people can check, I can't see any reason to follow, or trust, them at all. In particular, you've got four cultists there, when we know that there are only three of them, and your scum in general look simply picked out of the lurkers. Scumhunting is good (particularly until our investigators can pick out some solid information), but scumhunting without reasons doesn't help.

And EchoP's vote for you seemed at least explained:
Again, I have only been reading sporadically, and so I only have one suspicion.
I just got up.

Wow, I had not expecting that.

Unvote Servant Corps

It's a waste of time to lynch him due to the fact that the cultist, the dopps and the possible scientist are all after him.
Not to forget the possibility of a EXTERMINATEor, and Co.
It's also a waste of time since he doesn't have a kill role.

He could still be lying...

I would vote for org, but it seems he isn't lurking, he simple isn't on.
But lurkers arn't helpful to us, neither are they helpful when they arn't on.

Vote Mephansteras Archangel
This post just screams dopp at me, for two reasons. One, the overly nervous and too long explanation. Most humans unvote and move on, and it is usually the dopps who try to cover their every move, especially with lists. Secondly, the 'He could still be lying' line serves no purpose other then to cover his tracks either way the situation goes.

So yeah, Vote: SniHjen

Are you continuing an OMGUS into the second day? That seems a bit extreme to me. Janus may well have been bandwagoning, but that doesn't strike me as a good reason to suspect EchoP of anything. In fact, I think I agree with him that the extensive use of unexplained lists and statistics is a bit odd.

In general, unless there are several lucky protectors out there, it looks like we don't have a scientist or an exterminator this time, which means we only have to worry about the four scum. I think I'm having trouble distinguishing "scummy" from "new and/or overeager", but should have some suspicions later today.

And, as a few people have said, Janus is very suspicious, what with being a dopp and all. He's also not much of a threat, so I don't think we should lynch him today.  ;)
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2009, 05:19:10 pm »

a probable cultist.  I'm not entirely sure exactly how he tagged me as a cultist.

1% dopp
1% alien
10% cult
88% Human.

It's not that I suspect you of being cult, it's that I don't have any better suspect.

Another interesting bit: Right now, 3/20 players are cultists, meaning that everyone would have a 15% chance of being a cultist. SniHjen, does that mean that you're putting people on your list as cultists even though they have less chance to be cult than a random selection? FoS SniHjen's statistics, and by extension his lists.
Try my orc mod!

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »

tbh it'd be 3/19, seeing you know you're not a cultist. OR DO YOU?
FoS Rysith for being picky but not picky enough!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2009, 08:20:03 pm »

tbh it'd be 3/19, seeing you know you're not a cultist. OR DO YOU?
FoS Rysith for being picky but not picky enough!
Is that your only suspicion? You haven't even participated...

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2009, 11:34:06 pm »

Vote EchoP
Yeah, stupid move.

There are 2 reasons for voting me:
1. OMGUS. Just in response to my vote. Although this is more town than the alternative, it is still anti-town and childish.
2. Much more likely, you are a cultist/dopp. Justifications:
EchoP: "I vote for you because I havn't read the thread" WTF?
This is a weak argument and you know it. I did not say that I voted for you because I had not read the thread. What I saw was a suspicious post by you, and threw my vote at it. You were, and still are the most suspicious person to me. The fact that I had not been following the thread is irrelevant, as a scum tell is always a scum tell.

He also voted togeather with Janus.
Also, I did not vote with Janus, he voted with me for one of two reasons:
1. He wanted a low profile, but justified vote, which you were at that stage
2. He wanted to start a bandwagon to save Org. This is unlikely though, as he would have gone on a person who already had 2 votes.
A dopp voting with someone does not mean they are guilty.

Both of these reasons are far-fetched and just stink of finding any reason to try and throw suspicion off your own trail.

It's not that I suspect you of being cult, it's that I don't have any better suspect.
This was posted after you voted for me. If you don't suspect me, why vote? ???

Vote: SniHjen

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 26, 2009, 12:29:26 am »

I'd like to hear some reasoning for those suspicions.

So would I, actually. Get that to me.

Also, is the Town willing to consider double-lynches, or is the Town against that sort of thing?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 26, 2009, 01:07:19 am »

I'd like to hear some reasoning for those suspicions.

So would I, actually. Get that to me.

Also, is the Town willing to consider double-lynches, or is the Town against that sort of thing?
I am vehemently against such nonsense. Otherwise, I'd say we have everyone lynched. Just to be safe.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #263 on: July 26, 2009, 02:33:08 am »

wow, looking at EchoPs reaction, I might actualy be on to something.

I am now quite certain that EchoP is the last Dopp.

but thats where it ends, because I have no clue as to who the cultist could be, really.

Another interesting bit: Right now, 3/20 players are cultists, meaning that everyone would have a 15% chance of being a cultist.

SniHjen, does that mean that you're putting people on your list as cultists even though they have less chance to be cult than a random selection?

Wow, you even write it out, and yet, you don't see what my problem is...
I have no suspicions, the one I give the 2rd highest change of being cult, has less than avarage change.

I
Have
No
Freaking
Clue
Who
Could
Be
Cult!

HELP!
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 26, 2009, 03:33:15 am »

wow, looking at EchoPs reaction, I might actualy be on to something.

I am now quite certain that EchoP is the last Dopp.
And looking at your response I am quite sure that you are one. Please justify both your actions and your vote, because as of yet you have done neither.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:39:11 am by EchoP »

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #265 on: July 26, 2009, 03:52:37 am »

Don't edit your posts...

I'll post after I get a good sleep and a good read...

Good night... (Actually, good morning, I'm off to bed)
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2009, 06:08:38 am »

Don't edit your posts...
Just a grammar edit I found after posting. Seriously though, I really want SniHejn to justify his actions.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 26, 2009, 09:42:41 am »

So you made a list, explained that you randomly picked some people to be cult that you admit you are not very sure of, and refused to explain all your other choices?

I do believe EchoP is the Doppelganger here, but I further believe that SniHjen is the Cultist. Since webadict is shooting down double-lynches, then Vote SniHjen. We can decide on lynching Twigge and EchoP later on.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 26, 2009, 10:40:07 am »

I
Have
No
Freaking
Clue
Who
Could
Be
Cult!

HELP!
Archangel  cult SUSPECT
Duke 2.0 cult SUSPECT
Frelock cult SUSPECT
ToonyMan  Alien or cult SUSPECT

If your explanation is that you have no freaking clue who could be cult, why pick out people to accuse on the list as cult? We don't object to people admitting that they are unsure, but we do object to people putting forward unjustified wild speculation as solid suspicion (after day one, of course). And we definitely object to people misleading the town into mislynches on bad data.
Try my orc mod!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 26, 2009, 11:36:11 am »

So you made a list, explained that you randomly picked some people to be cult that you admit you are not very sure of, and refused to explain all your other choices?

I do believe EchoP is the Doppelganger here, but I further believe that SniHjen is the Cultist. Since webadict is shooting down double-lynches, then Vote SniHjen. We can decide on lynching Twigge and EchoP later on.
Honestly I think you're right. However, unlike you, I am sure I'd rather lynch the Doppelganger. That's one less kill at Night all of us have to worry about. Sure, there's no longer any chance a Cultist will die, but that was fairly low anyhow.

But, I'd really want to get rid of lurkers. Why can't scum kill lurkers?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47