Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59474 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2
« Reply #285 on: July 26, 2009, 09:56:09 pm »

Hey guys. Some people seem confused about whether Janus was a dopp killed by a dopp, because of the claws on the shirt. I've bolded a part of the flavour.

Eventually you head off to Janus' house. There, the house is undisturbed. You search around for a bit, but find nothing to indicate what happened to him. However, you do find some bloodstained clothing in his hamper and a shirt that seems to have been ripped by claws. You guess that Janus was in fact a doppelganger himself, and these cloths reflect his earlier kills. Gruesome, but you're not sorry he's gone.

I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 26, 2009, 10:07:51 pm »

Alright, I justify that EchoP isn't scum, because I right last time.  I voted Org out.  Well, hah...it probably was just luck because he was on vacation.   ;D

Just the way he acts really.  I don't need silly evidence.  I don't have anything to go on except what people say.  D:

As for the claiming townie being scummy.  That holds no water, because the chance of him being a townie is actually really high.

Anyway, when does voting end for today?  I don't want to vote for anyone right now.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 26, 2009, 10:09:33 pm »

~5pm Pacific Tuesday.

fakeedit: wrong time.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 26, 2009, 10:10:06 pm »

Thursday!?  Ok, I'm fine then.  Thanks.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 26, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »

Not Thursday. Tuesday! Tuesday! I made an error. Error being I copy-pasted the end date for Day 1 instead of Day 2.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:10 pm »

Oh, gotcha.  Thanks.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 26, 2009, 10:12:47 pm »

Well anyway, I'm like going to crash for today.  I've got to decide who to vote for.  Hmmm.  The people being voted for can easily all be town, let's hope that's not the case.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2009, 10:23:08 pm »

You know what Servant Corps: I think you're right. If you include the pms that Alexhans has, you'll notice that we brought this up earlier. However, EchoP is in fact a Cultist.

However, SniHjen is likely ALSO a Cultist, if he is indeed scum. If you're looking for Dopps, I'd check Cheeetar's place.

Alexhans can probably explain better than I could why EchoP is a Cultist, if he cares to. The question is, do we lynch EchoP or do we try to lynch a Dopp?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2009, 11:05:43 pm »

Webadict, please explain why you believe me to be a dopp. If it rests on the whole me defending Org thing, that would be stupid. It looked like a bandwagon because it was. Org hadn't posted, nobody said they investigated them (and they couldn't, because it was Day 1). I was defending someone who wasn't there. It wasn't that they were lurking, it was that they had literally not logged on. The fact that he turned out to be Dopp does not mean my defence of him was wrong.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2009, 11:26:49 pm »

The Whiteboard
EchoP : Servant Corps, SniHjen
Servant Corps : Kashyyk
SniHjen : EchoP
Twiggie : webadict
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 26, 2009, 11:47:45 pm »

Webadict, please explain why you believe me to be a dopp. If it rests on the whole me defending Org thing, that would be stupid. It looked like a bandwagon because it was. Org hadn't posted, nobody said they investigated them (and they couldn't, because it was Day 1). I was defending someone who wasn't there. It wasn't that they were lurking, it was that they had literally not logged on. The fact that he turned out to be Dopp does not mean my defence of him was wrong.
Perhaps it wasn't wrong, but it was also not right. People that lurk can't defend themselves, but they also can't help the Town. They're gone, and that, I feel, is breaking the promise that they made when they joined the game: To be here and play. They are not playing. Honestly, they should be modkilled. I'm not joking. It's rude to the players and the moderator, and not helpful to anyone. They deserve to not be allowed to play ever again. If they're going to be gone, then tell someone. Don't leave and say nothing. That's why your defense is lousy. It's essentially anti-game.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 27, 2009, 01:41:34 am »

EchoP: SniHjen did respond to your allegations. On Day 1.

Quote from: SniHjen
On a more serious note:

Am I seriously the only one you find suspicious?

What is your opinion on:

Webadicts logic?

Toonymans behaviour.

Servant corps-es survior claim?

chaoticjoshs claim that he would rather take the change of a lynching, than reveal his role?
He most certainly did not. All he does here is ask me who I find suspisious. How is that post justifying his actions in anyway?

Quote from: EchoP
Honestly, you are the only one who I have found suspicious because I haven't read the rest of the thread. But people were complaining about lurking, so I figured I might as well get a vote out on the table.

I will get back to your points when I can.

And in Day 2...
This is a weak argument and you know it. I did not say that I voted for you because I had not read the thread. What I saw was a suspicious post by you, and threw my vote at it. You were, and still are the most suspicious person to me. The fact that I had not been following the thread is irrelevant, as a scum tell is always a scum tell.
In both of my quoted posts, you have bolded the wrong part.
Honestly, you are the only one who I have found suspicious because I haven't read the rest of the thread. But people were complaining about lurking, so I figured I might as well get a vote out on the table.

I will get back to your points when I can.
The important fact here is that I found it a suspicious post. It was not because I had not read the rest of the thread, it was the only suspicious post I had found, but it was still suspicious. Please read it closer.

You voted primarly so that people would not call you out on lurking, and you choosen SniHjen because you did not read the rest of the thread. One day, you were voting people because you did not read the thread, the next day, you were voting because you saw a suspicious post, and that was the only suspicious post you found?
Again, read closer. I did not vote because I had read the thread, I only found one suspicious post because I had not read the thread. Also, the primary reason for my votes is that I consider SniHjen scum, not to alleviete lurker status, although that prompted me to go scum hunting in the first place.

You certainly have known about my survivor alien claim, and the chaoticjosh schuffle was only three posts above your original post. You didn't even bother to answer SniHjen's question...and you call SniHjen out because he refuses to answer your question (even though he did)?
Well he didn't, and I will answer those now. The reason that I have not before is that I found a much more likely target.

Am I seriously the only one you find suspicious?
At the time, yes.

Webadicts logic?
Well, the post above me is extremely wierd, but I presume he can justify it. Has been aggressive, but I think he is more likely a human special than scum. Has at least been scum hunting.

Toonymans behaviour?
Standard Toonyman. Has been active lurking, in that has been posting alot with not much content, and has made some contradictory statements, but nothing that cannot be explained. Seems much more like town having a bad day then scum. I would predict a special human role for him.

Servant corps-es survior claim?
Weird. Did not really come out of anywhere, as there was not an imminent lynch on him. That being said, I see no reason for anyone to claim that and be lying. The town will (presumably) kill him if he is left at the end game, so it makes no sense from a scum perspective. From a town perspective, why lie? So all in all, probably the survivor.

chaoticjoshs claim that he would rather take the change of a lynching, than reveal his role?
Not true. He claimed that if he was the survivor he would have done that. Presumably as the town is going to lynch the survivor sooner or later.

Further, you did post earlier in the thread:

Quote from: Rysith
I echo the comments that there are many, many players. Especially when they can generate four pages of posts before I notice that it's started. I'll random vote for EchoP, though. He hasn't posted yet, and getting everyone to speak up a bit is good, especially the new players.

Hey. I have no suspicions as of yet, but I will look into it.

Rysith replied you, saying:

Quote from: Rysith
Fake edit: unvote, since EchoP posted. Echo, any comments on the game thus far, even if you have no suspicions?

You did not reply to Rysith on this issue. Instead, you replied:

Don't worry guys, I'm back!  :)

I have been playing another rather intense mafia game on another board, so have not had much time for this game. Add to that 50 new posts every time I come and check the thread and we have a ready made lurker. But, the other game is over now, so I should be able to catch up.

Again, I have only been reading sporadically, and so I only have one suspicion.

And that suspicion was SniHjen.
I believe that this is a reply on the issue. I had no suspicions at the time. I came back, and answered Rysith's question by telling him who I suspected.

Keep in mind, your original allegation was good. You pointed out that SniHjen wants to cover his move, and you predicted that he would create a list. But are you town? You refused to answer SniHjen's question and Rysith's question, because you sought to create a dogpile on SniHjen, and only SniHjen. You did not want to be pinned down on any issue, you are willing to go with the flow of the town. You even admitted you don't want to be considered a "lurker".
I did answer Rysith's question, and have been damn busy lately. In terms of SniHjen, not only have I not had time to get back to his questions, but his behavior itself has become the focus of my posts when I have had time. In terms of dogpiling on SniHjen, I still want to. I honestly believe that he is cult. I don't get the next sentence? What issues do I not want to be pinned on, how is going with the town bad, and how am I doing that. In terms of lurking, of course I did not want to be considered a lurker, because it would be taken as a scum tell.

No.
I don't get what this is here for.

I am a vanilla townie looking for a SniHjen lynch, because he is cult.

A Townie role does nothing. It's a role that is easy to fake. That being said, a scum would rather claim some other power role, like say, the Doctor. People are going to hestiate if someone claims Doctor.
Also, maybe a townie would claim townie? Scum like to avoid role claiming as it is something that they are easily caught out on.

I'm not going to be WIFOMed though. Your previous statements, contradictions, and evasions suggest that you are in fact scum. Both EchoP and SniHjen needs to be lynched. The only question is, in what order?
You asked me to role claim, and I did. What were you expecting from the question if not an answer?

Also:
I am willing to be lynched, as long as SniHjen is too. I am willing to put my life on that chance now, because with only 4 scum left, we can put this in the bag if we keep up the hunt.

You know what Servant Corps: I think you're right. If you include the pms that Alexhans has, you'll notice that we brought this up earlier. However, EchoP is in fact a Cultist.

However, SniHjen is likely ALSO a Cultist, if he is indeed scum. If you're looking for Dopps, I'd check Cheeetar's place.

Alexhans can probably explain better than I could why EchoP is a Cultist, if he cares to. The question is, do we lynch EchoP or do we try to lynch a Dopp?
Please do explain yourself? Why are you certain that I am a cultist?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 27, 2009, 02:48:54 am »

Dear the person above me,
Are you saying you love the lurkers? Because I secretly hate lurkers. If I could eradicate all of a certain people from this game, it would be lurkers. Do you know why? Because they're not helping. They sit there and watch. Sometimes, they don't even watch. Sometimes, they see, "Paranormal Mafia" and they think, 'What was that again?' and move along. If I had a banhammer, I would use it on everyone that stopped paying attention. I would crush their skulls. They would die, and never be allowed to return to this plane again. If you think that's wrong, you obviously like lurkers. They lurk and help you out, don't they? You love them lurkers who lurk, right? They attract you? You know what.

Take a pistol and shoot yourself in a vital area.

Try thinking. Do you use logic in every day life? Let's start using Mafia logic, why don't we?

In this game, you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT. No exceptions. That's how the game works. Don't assume otherwise.
In this game, you have to participate, or you're not town. That's like not voting in an election.
In this game, you can think you're right and be horribly wrong. Always question yourself until you've found the most logical path.
In this game, we can read back and look at what you did.
In this game, I get angry at people who don't post. I get very angry. No one does anything. I think that if someone doesn't participate, they should be kicked.

Try thinking about what you say? Who's the enemy in this game?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 27, 2009, 03:11:55 am »

To Toonyman,
Anybody have any info?  I got nothing.
What the hell is this? Are you fishing for role info so you know who to kill tonight? Don't ask others to claim this early in the game. Especially if you have no info yourself.
To servant corps, did EchoP come to you claiming to be the last dopp? Is that why you are voting to lynch him? Because if that is the case then i will happily follow along. Because if your lying, that is easily found out be lynching EchoP, then we can lynch you (or a night killer can target you). Ether way, we will probably end up killing someone anti-town. If your claim of EchoP being the last dopp is just a suspicion(and he hasn't claimed to you), then I don't know what to think.
To Webadict, I only just realized that you didn't vote yesterday. That is pretty scummy considering that what you have just posted is gunning for the lynch of lurkers, Which is exactly what you didn't do yesterday. However I do consider your lynch of twiggie a good idea. Getting rid of those who don't post, and we can't analyze is probably the best thing to do here.

So, vote twiggie unless servant corps answers my question.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 27, 2009, 03:26:03 am »

Dear the person above me,
Are you saying you love the lurkers? Because I secretly hate lurkers. If I could eradicate all of a certain people from this game, it would be lurkers. Do you know why? Because they're not helping. They sit there and watch. Sometimes, they don't even watch. Sometimes, they see, "Paranormal Mafia" and they think, 'What was that again?' and move along. If I had a banhammer, I would use it on everyone that stopped paying attention. I would crush their skulls. They would die, and never be allowed to return to this plane again. If you think that's wrong, you obviously like lurkers. They lurk and help you out, don't they? You love them lurkers who lurk, right? They attract you? You know what.

Take a pistol and shoot yourself in a vital area.

Try thinking. Do you use logic in every day life? Let's start using Mafia logic, why don't we?

In this game, you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT. No exceptions. That's how the game works. Don't assume otherwise.
In this game, you have to participate, or you're not town. That's like not voting in an election.
In this game, you can think you're right and be horribly wrong. Always question yourself until you've found the most logical path.
In this game, we can read back and look at what you did.
In this game, I get angry at people who don't post. I get very angry. No one does anything. I think that if someone doesn't participate, they should be kicked.

Try thinking about what you say? Who's the enemy in this game?
I would like to point out that this is a mistake on my part. :-\ I was talking about this post:

Not actually the one above me. My bad. I mostly agree with you views on lurkers, ironically.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47