Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620448 times)

spooq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1680 on: July 30, 2010, 03:46:23 am »

This'll be alot easier had someone taken the initiative to step up and maintain this. If anyone of you would be as generous enough as to doing so, I'm sure the entire community would be grateful.

I have already done this. We'll be making a release in a couple of weeks. There will be other people involved as well.

Uploading the whole program is not necessary, and not a good policy anyway. Uploading a single config file is fine, but not everyone knows what to do with that file, or where to get it.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 03:50:23 am by spooq »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 30, 2010, 08:08:46 am »

Use the (deprecated) Qhttp module, or the Qnetwork sub-module that replaces it?

Find a host, maybe even Google Code.  Set up a URL naming scheme based probably on the timestamp of the DF executable.  Auto-update.

Brocifer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
DT Feature Suggestion - highlight new dwarves
« Reply #1682 on: July 30, 2010, 01:11:33 pm »

Hi, first post here on Bay12 forums so please forgive me if this has already been suggested.  I was talking to a buddy last night about an idea I had to make DT a little more useful, then figured I might as well suggest it here on the official thread just in case.

Basically I was thinking it would be nice if DT could track existing Dwarves (e.g. when it first connects) and make an index of that.  Then, if migrants appear, the next time the dwarf information is read the new dwarves could be tagged in the list in some way as "new migrants."  Once a "new migrant" has been configured, the idea would be to have a toggle you could simply switch off to make them part of the existing population and no longer tagged as being new.

Maybe there's already an option for this I've overlooked, but was just thinking it could be very nice to have some way to quickly and automatically identify new dwarves that still need therapy.  I often find myself going over dwarves I've already configured jobs for when I get new migrants.

Cheers,

Brocifer

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 30, 2010, 01:21:07 pm »

DT already does this, you can sort by immigration wave.

"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1684 on: July 30, 2010, 01:41:03 pm »

This'll be alot easier had someone taken the initiative to step up and maintain this. If anyone of you would be as generous enough as to doing so, I'm sure the entire community would be grateful.

I have already done this. We'll be making a release in a couple of weeks. There will be other people involved as well.

Uploading the whole program is not necessary, and not a good policy anyway. Uploading a single config file is fine, but not everyone knows what to do with that file, or where to get it.

Dwarf Therapist already uses QNetwork to ping http://dt-tracker.appspot.com/ for version information.  That could probably be extended without much work to grab the updated INI files, although it would probably be best to have the developers upload this for the time being (until some sort of trust framework could possibly be implemented).  The Appspot page says that they can serve approximately 5 million pageviews per month which should be fine.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Brocifer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 30, 2010, 02:03:47 pm »

DT already does this, you can sort by immigration wave.

Awesome thanks a lot, will have to find that when I get home. :)

CapnMikey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 30, 2010, 04:51:27 pm »

Aw shucks, I just saw the part about chmod hanging up his hat.  Well, thank you sir for all your hard work and for this awesome tool.  Again, I have to commend you on how well built it is.  Just using it is practically a lesson in usability and user interface design.

FacePalm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 31, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »

Yeah my brother uses it with his and its awesome so im gonna try it :3

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 31, 2010, 08:52:28 pm »

Nobody likes a quitter. :)

Its good to see a bump in activity in the IRC channel. There is speculation a New Maintainer is on the brink of identifying themselves. This is the part where we all cross our fingers.

Certainly the sooner someone takes ownership the better chances are of handling the inevitable significant dependency changes. On that note, we're pretty lucky mod decided to stick through the project to sort out the big DF2010 makeover, and hopefully offsets and similar trivial updates will be all that's needed for a while. 

Oh! And I almost forgot: When will DT work with 31.12 ? I looked everywhere for in how make it work but it is  broken please fix TODAY thank you

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 31, 2010, 11:35:29 pm »

Oh! And I almost forgot: When will DT work with 31.12 ? I looked everywhere for in how make it work but it is  broken please fix TODAY thank you

Sorry, can't tell if sarcasm. Did you look Here? Or even better, Here? Or only just 20 posts back where both these links were posted?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:40:51 pm by LucasUP »
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 01, 2010, 01:26:14 am »

Nobody likes a quitter. :)

Its good to see a bump in activity in the IRC channel. There is speculation a New Maintainer is on the brink of identifying themselves. This is the part where we all cross our fingers.

Certainly the sooner someone takes ownership the better chances are of handling the inevitable significant dependency changes. On that note, we're pretty lucky mod decided to stick through the project to sort out the big DF2010 makeover, and hopefully offsets and similar trivial updates will be all that's needed for a while. 

If you'll direct your attention to the top of this page (page 113 if this ends up making a new page) you'll find that spooq appears to be involved in the next release, and it could be inferred that he is the individual who has taken the role of the next maintainer.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 01, 2010, 09:01:42 am »

Well well then. I'm certainly looking forward to the next release.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1692 on: August 01, 2010, 04:07:27 pm »

Just used Therapist for the first time after adding the Finnish language into my DF.

Therapist uses language_DWARF.txt no matter what Translation is assigned to the dwarf civ in the entity specs.

-----
Hey, fancy using a real language, Finnish, in your mods? Just uploaded http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2870
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

NieXS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • NieXS' Domain
« Reply #1693 on: August 02, 2010, 10:55:09 am »

Anyone got an ini for 31.12 on Linux? All the previous files were for Windows.

The Grim Sleeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 03, 2010, 05:29:45 am »

Anyone got an ini for 31.12 on Linux? All the previous files were for Windows.

Try reading the last 6 posts. If you don't have your answer by then, you are retarded.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 124