Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Do you have enemies?  (Read 9346 times)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: Do you have enemies?
« Reply #120 on: September 09, 2009, 03:37:17 pm »

I had an enemy once, the guy that sat beside me in the ninth grade. It never got anywhere, but he hated me for no reason I could fathom. My best guess is that he thought I was either a dirty Pakistani or a spoilt rich Arab kid with no backbone. He was the only real person I have ever felt an uncontrolable rage towards.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 09, 2009, 04:37:22 pm »

Wait...you sued a 5 year old for slander?!

Noooooo. He just got into trouble, really. And never forgave me. Presumably he still hates me but I don't live in NZ anymore.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 09, 2009, 07:07:08 pm »

Wait...you sued a 5 year old for slander?!

Noooooo. He just got into trouble, really. And never forgave me. Presumably he still hates me but I don't live in NZ anymore.

The night is dry in Australia, and dreams rustle and bustle inside the mind of one of it's residents, only to awake him in sweaty terror at every quarter hour. Jackrabbit's foot itched, and being a rabbit, this were something of an occurrance that only happened during on blue moons, after eating maraschino cherries, or if mortal danger were nearby. The pitch blackness made everyone awares that there was no moon tonight, and maraschino cherries were a delicacy that had not grazed his lips in many a month. The air was tense, and the halls of his home were dark, reaking of danger, even when well-lit. This is not a phenomena spawning from his paranoia, or nature, something in his home was lying in wait. To the end of finding it, he called his friend, Workerdrone, a perpetually enraged certified space marine that specialized in filling things with holes, beating things to death, and doing both of those while screaming his mind out. Jackrabbit trusted him however, ever since the incident in Tejas, and he felt that allowing him to rummage through his home as an infinitely better alternative to inaction.
"I've looked Jack, there's nothing wrong."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, I'm sure. I've looked in every room, making sure to lock the door behind me so no evildoers might sneak out, and scanned every nook and cranny for life signs. Nothing is out of place, and the area surrounding your house, which have been constantly scanned since my arrival, are equally devoid of life, save for the occasional giant spider, dingo, and dingo-eating giant snake. Those are usual though, and nothing to be this alarmed about. I did find these odd magazines though..."
Jack snatches the magazines from his hand, to quickly fold them and hide them under his arm.
"My hair's standing up though! My feet are itching! Nothing natural is causing this! Are you sure you checked everywhere?!"
"Positive, the crawlspace under your home has been searched with equal vigilance. Whatever attic there is just as lifeless as everything else. The space between the walls have not escaped me either, and I can assure you, that the only things hiding in this house are common insects, which are not interesting in the least."
"Well, could you atleast stay the night? My rabbity instincts are telling me... telling me that something is definitely wrong with tonight, and I don't feel safe."
"Just go to sleep you wuss. There's nothing here that can kill you, besides the usual things, which would have done so already if they had wanted to. You're perfectly safe."
And with that, he packed his high-tech devices, got into his vehicle, and sped off to adventures unknown, leaving Jackrabbit to fend for himself. Silence falls over the house, except for the tick-tocking of the clock, providing a clear rhythm to punctuate his creeping terror.
Peace of mind would never come to him however, and so Jackrabbit resolved to place some trust in Workerdrone's analysis, and set himself to bed. Glaring at the clock, it indifferent declares that it's a quarter after midnight. He rests his head on the pillow, seeking comfort in knowing that nothing could possibly approach him without alarming him, seeing as with all the doors are closed, and thoroughly squeaky, and the hardwood floors equally creaky and sensitive to even the slightest movement. The bugs and wildlife outside would be aroused and alarm by anyone's movement, and would warn of any outsider sneaking about. Every entrance to his home was locked and secured in every sane way, and most insane ways, insuring that any would-be intruder would have a hell of a time getting in. The more he thought about it, the more relaxed he felt about his safety, he let his eyes feel heavy, and darkness overcome the recesses of his mind.
Sleepfulness slowly overtook Jackrabbit's senses, and a night's rest was but a few moments away.
There was not a squeak, creak, rustle, crunch, crash, bash, yap, or squeal in those next few moments, not a single one, which made it all the more jolting to Jack's senses when the cold point of gunmetal was jabbed into his eye.
"Hey there JACKY!"
How could he? How was this possible? How could he have overcome every single precaution he took?
"...who... who are you, how did you get in..?"
"Now now, I didn't come here to explain my magic tricks to you, but I've been waiting a very long time for this moment, and so I'm just dying to know: Do you still remember me?"
"Uh...uh..." Jack's mind raced, but every thought was clouded with terror, "I... don't..."
"That's fine, it's not as though it would change the outcome of this moment. I do, however, want a memory roll over you before you die. 19 years ago, New Zealand, 5 year old boy."
"OH SHI!"
and the loud bang, like a door being slammed with great force, echoed throughout the night. A dingo watches as a dark silhouette escapes from the house's back door, and makes his way into the night with his thirst for revenge sated. Whatever qualm there had been between these two individuals, it was now at rest, with it's victor escaping to live the rest of his life. He now had peace of mind, but not a clear conscience. It's something... he can definitely live with though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 09, 2009, 07:15:14 pm »

It's a possibility.

That said, I suck at having people hate me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 09, 2009, 07:20:26 pm »

Atleast comment on my little skit's quality.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2009, 07:24:42 pm »

I laughed a lot.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:27 pm »

I'm going to copy and paste it into the story thread, claiming it for my own.

Not really, I'm not that mean.

I've got a few people who I'd consider enemies. And a few infuriatingly annoying friends.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2009, 08:23:20 pm »

For some reason, I have a knack of making my friends into enemies.
Im not trying to brag, but I never lost a fight in my lifetime.

I suppose it's cause I'm a bad loser, and I cannot STAND cheaters and/or noobs. (not newbs)

Martial Arts + Parkour = WiN
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2009, 09:00:36 pm »

I MADE ENEMIES WITH CHAOTICJOSH.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 09:20:05 pm by Rashilul »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2009, 09:06:17 pm »

I don't understand Rash, you did exactly as I asked you. Why would we now be enemies?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2009, 09:11:33 pm »

I don't understand Rash, you did exactly as I asked you. Why would we now be enemies?

It's a hate-hate relationship.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:11 pm »

But I don't hate him! If anything, it's a love-hate relationship.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:26 pm »

It's a hate-hate relationship.
Nike. Just do it.
[Kudos to anyone who gets the reference.]
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 09, 2009, 09:25:52 pm »

But I don't hate him! If anything, it's a love-hate relationship.

Sounds too normal.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2009, 09:28:33 pm »

For some reason, I have a knack of making my friends into enemies.
Im not trying to brag, but I never lost a fight in my lifetime.

I suppose it's cause I'm a bad loser, and I cannot STAND cheaters and/or noobs. (not newbs)

Martial Arts + Parkour = WiN
You have just made yourself a powerful enemy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13