Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Clashespaints: The Quest for a Pick (community)  (Read 15402 times)

Makahlua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clashespaints: The Quest for a Pick (community)
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2009, 07:58:38 pm »

*pokes thread*

How're we doin' here? Did we all freeze in the fort over the winter? Did the noob immigrants start a coup and overthrow us?

Inquiring minds want to know!  :)

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2009, 08:41:19 pm »

seconded

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2009, 02:55:57 am »

*kicks thread*

'I don't know Jim. Doesn't look to good...'
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2009, 05:20:16 am »

I'm still working on it. I went to my cousin's wedding last weekend, so I didn't have much time for it though. I wanted to get through the summer before updating, but I can put up a shorter update this evening.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2009, 06:34:43 am »

'Hey Jim! He's not dead'

Awesome, will be reading if you decide to post.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2009, 05:58:40 pm »

Knowing that tales of any wealth that we have created may not have reached the outside world yet, we race to produce goods that the elves can at least see and carry back stories of. Goron carves crossbows out of the bones of all the animals he’s killed. He’s gotten a little better at it. We set up 3 more carpentry shops outside the walls for temporary use to make lots of furniture. Thankfully, Kith is less stubborn about allowing others to use these new shops. Of course, he knows that when summer comes we won’t be able to use them again until autumn. I also set up a new craftsdwarf workshop outside for myself to continue to produce bolts. My own skill hasn’t grown any since the fall, but I’m hopeful it will soon. The inside craftsdwarf shop is being used by Rice, who is carving horrid sculptures out of the skulls of dead animals. I was going to say something to him about that being my shop, but when I saw the look on his face while he was working with the skulls, I thought better of it.

Monk, our milker, wants an all glass room. Ever since he got here, he’s nagging me to give him one. I told him that none of the more important dwarves, which is everyone, can be spared to work on it. So he went off on his own and built some furnaces for himself. Twiggy and Sysice, eager for the opportunity to practice a task at least a little related to metal work, make some charcoal for him. We get a smelter set up and melt down those daggers the kobolds left behind.

Never have I been so tempted. But I’m under orders from her majesty, and these bars must be made into goods for the Mountainhome. They’ve stated they need handwear most direly, so Sysice will at least be able to practice his armorsmithing. For maybe a day.

As Goron runs out of bones, he returns to hunting. We’ve become somewhat horrified at how tough these elephants seem to be, and how long they can last with a bolt through the heart.

Even with the punctured heart, Goron put 6 more bolts into it, just to be safe. He knows better than I, I’m sure. But I’m growing concerned at what might happen if the elephants decide to take revenge for their fallen.

Meanwhile, Sysice is so happy about making gauntlets that he’s organized a party over it. Once again, I have not been invited.

Summer arrives, and our defences have not been rebuilt yet. There are a few tiles left to be constructed in the labyrinth, then construction of The Project in its new location must begin. I am concerned, but the others don’t seem too worried. Sysice’s party continues.

Goron, apparently not satisfied with only hunting one kind of dangerous animal, has brought us a lion. It looks tasty. I am growing disturbed at how much he seems to be enjoying it though.

I think I better keep an eye on him.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:25 pm »

Goron's getting pretty good.

Could you upload another map when the construction is done?

Sysice

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2009, 12:38:52 am »

Hey, you changed the title! I was looking all over the place for this...
I managed to make a dog that bled bees.
Quote from: Threetoe
Imagine evil grass that looks like a mass of wriggling worms. Happy holidays!

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2009, 01:57:05 am »

heehee, I was suprised to find it on my new replies list.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2009, 03:14:11 am »

Nice update, I like the sarcastic humor.

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:23 am »

And when I am not busy slaughtering the local dangerous wildlife, I am counting!
I love it.

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2009, 08:27:29 am »

Could I claim a dwarf?
Any male dwarf with a military future would be fine, name him Sava.
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2009, 05:15:32 pm »

Goron's getting pretty good.

Could you upload another map when the construction is done?

Yeah, I'm still not sure what happens when he reaches great amrksdwarf as a hunter though. I'll put up another map after the next update.

Hey, you changed the title! I was looking all over the place for this...
I'm wondering now if I ought to PM everyone about it, just in case.

Could I claim a dwarf?
Any male dwarf with a military future would be fine, name him Sava.

OK, I'll give you the marksdwarf/wrestler guy. I think his name is Mosus something.

GlassInMyEyeGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • "Yes, brown bread... for my BREAD GUN!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2009, 05:37:43 pm »

I'll take the dwarf Mosus Nishkadrost (or whateve the hell he's called).
New Name: GlassInMyEyeGuy (can be called Glass)
Profession: Marksdwarf (maybe with a little sword training on the side?)
Bio: A man with a mysterious past, know only by dead people and a tree he was feeling sociable towards- but even that wasn't left unscathed! He's normally calm and collected, up until the point where he has you pinned to the ground whilst strangling you with you own intestines. Has overwhemingly sociopathic tendencies, but always has an eye out for a job in the Fortress Guard. Watch out though, as he always aspires to climb the chain of command- by any means.
Fun Fact: He once killed a hammerer while he was drunk (whether I'm referring to Glass or the hammerer is for me to know and you to guess). This was met with a standing ovation by all those in the immediate area.
"And the man is there, behind bulletproof glass, slumped over the counter, DEAD! Or sleeping- but it doesn't matter, because you're banging on the glass crying: 'Wake up, I want groceries!'. He ultimately wakes up, but then it becomes a game of charades over what you need from him whilst talking through the glass. Meanwhile, a cue is forming behind you. A cue of MURDERERS! With DIFFERENT WEAPONS!" -Eddie Izzard speaking about late-night petrol (gas) station shopping

sava2004

• Bay Watcher
  • Look here! it's a pointless scentence!
    • View Profile
    • Sava2004's website.
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2009, 03:15:13 pm »

Unluckily for you, moses is already taken.

(read the post above yours, last quote)

Also, put me on the metal waiting list for a steel crossbow. unless i already have one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 03:17:26 pm by sava2004 »
this rock is studded with rock and on it is engraved a picture of a rock.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8