Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10765 10766 [10767] 10768 10769 ... 13317

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15083018 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [Poi] The deadly game of poi (Happy thread? Poi! B.. Baka!)
« Reply #161490 on: August 14, 2015, 11:12:10 am »

Finally came to the realisation that if badgering the retailer for a "refund" (not sure if it's really a refund if they never deliver the thing in the first place) won't work, I should just go to PayPal. There's something just inherently satisfying in going to a higher authority and getting them to deal with someone who's being shitty.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161491 on: August 14, 2015, 11:15:32 am »

Managing to record a dream without forgetting it always makes me feel happy, even if it's a weird-ass dream about nothing much.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #161492 on: August 14, 2015, 11:22:49 am »

I just got out of a programming competition I thought I'd been unable to finish just over a sixth of, but it turns out that the last question was a bonus question.

This means that assuming I haven't screwed any of it up, I'm within a hair of full completion, and the hair was my program for a problem involving factorisation, primes, and operations on the factors of factors. The hair? My program wasn't optimised well enough to run over ten (or a hundred, not sure) million numbers in the five minutes I had left at the end. I'm suspicious that was a problem with Java, though, since I don't think I had any extraneous maths.
Doing better than expected is a great feeling.
In last year's BeOI finals I somehow ended /ninth/ out of twenty, despite putting in way too little effort and solving far from everything.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #161493 on: August 14, 2015, 01:32:49 pm »

I found this pixel art avatar icon generator!
http://www.icongenerators.net/pixelavatar.html
:)
I love it!
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #161494 on: August 14, 2015, 02:30:46 pm »

Download speed went from 10mb to 15mb, while upload went from 0.5mb to 1mb. Still shitty on the upload side of things, but it was apparently free because of how long we've signed this package.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161495 on: August 14, 2015, 02:54:53 pm »

Download speed went from 10mb to 15mb, while upload went from 0.5mb to 1mb. Still shitty on the upload side of things, but it was apparently free because of how long we've signed this package.
Yay!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #161496 on: August 14, 2015, 04:12:13 pm »

Lucky bastards with internet infrastructure that isn't just copper phone lines from last century
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #161497 on: August 14, 2015, 04:51:53 pm »

Lucky bastards with internet infrastructure that isn't either someone else' wifi network or one running off your phone's tiny data plan and battery life.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161498 on: August 14, 2015, 05:05:49 pm »

i'm not sure how much it dawned on me how much i appreciate that dwarf fortress is actually a game where i can programmatically use a person's intentions and situation to determine whether or not their death is dramatically appropriate

like that's pretty crazy

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161499 on: August 14, 2015, 05:06:49 pm »

Care to elaborate? Sounds interesting...

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161500 on: August 14, 2015, 05:18:11 pm »

in Fortbent, god-tiered players are automatically revived if their deaths are neither heroic nor just.

In order to determine whether the death was heroic or just, the following process is followed (originally in Lua script):
  • Was the death final? To determine this, we:
    • check if the death was an accident (meaning they were not shot, bled out, struck down, killed in fire or dragonfire, murdered, weapon trap'd, gave in to starvation or vampire'd)
    • Check if the unit was in combat during said death and not utterly terrified at the moment.
  • If the death was final, we then check if the death was just. To determine this, we find the number of civilizations they are enemies or criminals to; if it is more than 5 (very unlikely for an ordinary citizen, likely for a crimeboss or bandit lord), it is just. If it is not just, it is heroic.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:23:35 pm by Putnam »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #161501 on: August 14, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »

I got the Witcher 3 a few days ago and have been playing it a lot since then.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161502 on: August 14, 2015, 05:25:31 pm »

Why do you have to check if it's heroic or just if it doesn't influence the outcome?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161503 on: August 14, 2015, 05:28:23 pm »

Why do you have to check if it's heroic or just if it doesn't influence the outcome?

It's flavor. Flavor is the most important thing in Dwarf Fortress. You don't get stories without flavor. Also, it's important to the story it's adapting.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161504 on: August 14, 2015, 05:30:55 pm »

Yeah, fair enough.

Pages: 1 ... 10765 10766 [10767] 10768 10769 ... 13317