Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12000 12001 [12002] 12003 12004 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15844771 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [E G G] Egg generation appreciation station (Happy thread)
« Reply #180015 on: February 20, 2017, 08:57:34 am »

http://www.toy-people.com/?p=36558

Some of those figures, holy shit the amount of detail. I'd give a couple of toes at least for that Lady Maria one :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #180016 on: February 20, 2017, 10:38:11 am »

snop

Which, IMO, works for Drizzt, because he was usually the first to really cash in on those tropes in a fantasy series and thus really earned the rule of cool that goes along with all those actions. Not that his awesomeness wasn't justified - it's shown that other Drow feel the same way as him, for example - but his story really was turned into an Epic sort of story, rather than just another fantasy novel.

Indeed, it went from, "A loner who denies his heritage strikes out on his own, finds friends!" to "Friends strike out on adventures!" to "Oh, fuck that Orc King is SERIOUSLY bad news." to "Horrifying war. Lots and lots of war. Epic battles, but goddamn, everyone cool is dying." to "Okay, so I can SEE these obviously PnP level 20 characters multiclassing (Gromph multiclassed into Psionicist- Best Wizard Ever) and they're now fighting demons like they're mooks, and HOLY FUCKING SHIT DRIZZT JUST TOOK OUT
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"

All of the series I've read, I have THOROUGHLY enjoyed. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #180017 on: February 20, 2017, 11:29:25 am »

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/291305/AltCtrlGDC_Showcase_Student_project_Zombie_Crawler.php

Zombie Crawler

We built a treadmill-like controller for your arms, where you have to drag yourself forwards in the game by grabbing and pulling on the conveyor belt. The controller has one button on each side of the frame, when pushed the zombie will smash whatever is on the left or right side. On top of this, the entire controller can be tilted from side to side in order to dodge incoming bullets. We really wanted our players to get into the whole idea of being a zombie.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:33:51 am by Reelya »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #180018 on: February 20, 2017, 12:17:22 pm »

In games like Team Fortress 2 or Dirty Bomb or Warframe, when I screw up, I usually get pretty upset.

In games like Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, when I screw up, I still have fun.

Odd how that works.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #180019 on: February 20, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »

Apparently if you're careful it is actually possible to extract an alright wash from a single glass of hot water. We sink to reach new levels of efficiency each day!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #180020 on: February 20, 2017, 07:52:14 pm »

Half-price on frozen pizzas.  Absolutely annihilated one, full-size.  It was just pepperoni...  Until I covered it in jalapeno juice, spinach, and mushrooms~
They're usually about as pricey as delivery, but in my opinion they're worth more because of what you can add before baking.  Too bad I didn't get any black olives, but still... mmm.

Got replacement alcohol, but no inclination to drink it now.  Funny how that works.  I might fall asleep at any minute now, sleep deficit, and I think I'll rest just fine this time.
Well... the greasy pizza might make things interesting.  But that usually leads to insightful or First Person Hero dreams, not frustrating ones (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #180021 on: February 20, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »

... yeah, adding stuff is largely how make the dollar pizzas edible. Surprisingly decent with some extra cheese and whatnot, and while they're smaller than the main ones, it's not by that much. Though I don't have think I've ever seen them on sale, which probably is understandable considering they're already going for a buck a pizza/like 12-13 cent per ounce.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #180022 on: February 20, 2017, 08:14:34 pm »

Aheh, yeah these aren't the tiny microwave ones, they're like...  12" diameter, like delivery.  I was hungry, bean kinda vegetarian lately. (heehee) (no seriously I'm sick of beans&rice and vegetable stew)
Normally they're about $6.50, which is really close to Domino's.  But this way I get to cover them in whatever veggies I fancy (or are about to go bad).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #180023 on: February 20, 2017, 08:23:45 pm »

Only reason I don't add stuff to baked pizza is because I can get a frozen pizza with mushrooms, spinach and white cheese already on it. And also because I never have olives. I love them, but only ever end up using them once or twice and then weeks and weeks pass before the occasion rises again.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #180024 on: February 20, 2017, 08:32:23 pm »

You could, dunno, eat them as is? Olives are damn great with almost anything because there really isn't that much stuff out there in the same taste range so they serve as an excellent contrast to whatever you're eating at the time. Any meal and a handful of olives on the side is pretty damn sweet.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #180025 on: February 20, 2017, 08:53:47 pm »

Aheh, yeah these aren't the tiny microwave ones, they're like...  12" diameter, like delivery.  I was hungry, bean kinda vegetarian lately. (heehee) (no seriously I'm sick of beans&rice and vegetable stew)
Normally they're about $6.50, which is really close to Domino's.  But this way I get to cover them in whatever veggies I fancy (or are about to go bad).
Oh, they're not really tiny, exactly. They do fit in a microwave but they're larger diameter wise than a small pizza at dominos, if not as thick. Been eating an offbrand lately, but the closer-to-not-offbrand is... totonios or something like that. Mostly red packaging.

There's smaller ones out there, but those tend to be actually intended to be microwaved and somehow comes out tasting worse microwaved than the ones that aren't. Ones I'm talkin' 'bout aren't intended to be nuked, though I do it anyway 'cause effort and melty pizza.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180026 on: February 20, 2017, 10:40:14 pm »

Might as well go all-in for the $3.00 ones you do in the oven. Worlds better than microwave and there's enough room to toss all sorts of stuff on top. Granted, price and health means they're for once every week or two, but it feels real nice to start a weekend by polishing one of those suckers off.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #180027 on: February 20, 2017, 10:53:46 pm »

Eh, ones I'm talking about aren't much different from those. Things pretty specifically have "not intended for microwave preparation" on them. I just nuke 'em anyway pretty often 'cause it ain't killed me yet and I occasionally have a hankerin' for the texture (which I'm not sure you can get in an oven, tbh), and less occasionally feel like not turning on the oven enough it doesn't bother me, ha. Plenty of room anyway, you just have to build a bit vertical if you're doing anything terribly substantial (I'm not saying I've made up ones that ended up more than twice as thick as the original toppings plus the crust, but... I have.).

Also while I can taste the difference, once m'done with 'em it's not enough to make one three buck one better than three one buck ones. Quality's different but the extras are more additive than multiplicative an' the base ain't near three times better. Usually not even double, really.
Ask not!
Ask!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #180028 on: February 20, 2017, 11:10:58 pm »

Mostly because nuking anything ruins whatever flavor it might have had, and these are too big to fit in a microwave and still let the turntable move.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #180029 on: February 20, 2017, 11:28:42 pm »

Oh, no, I mean the nuked ones still taste only a bit worse than the just-slightly more expensive ones even when the latter is oven cooked. Or the oven'd nuked ones. Still can oven the cheap ones just fine, though I wouldn't really agree nuking these particular pizzas wreck the flavor much, m'self. Difference is more texture than taste, though the taste is different.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 12000 12001 [12002] 12003 12004 ... 13326