Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4630 4631 [4632] 4633 4634 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8911104 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69465 on: January 25, 2014, 11:09:06 pm »

Also, alcohol is neither lines nor imaginary.
Given enough time, brainpower, and alcohol, you could find the square root of -1 beer.

I slipped today going down some stairs and ignored it but now before going to sleep all my body feels broken down halp...
Be more specific.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69466 on: January 25, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

Spinal injury :X

*hugs and hopes Cmega will be better*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69467 on: January 25, 2014, 11:20:12 pm »

5 more roles to write kill me now a;jdf;lasjdf;ljad;lfkjasdlfd

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69468 on: January 25, 2014, 11:28:41 pm »

I will hug you again and say to not stress yourself at the moment-prioritize RL stuffs before that.

Because, to talk about the other players, we're too busy gawking in amazement at those shiny emblems mastercrafted by Solifuge and really anticipating the write-up, with emphasis on the former.

Don't stress yourself! :D
It's what kills me.

So *hugs* >:I

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69469 on: January 25, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »

I slipped today going down some stairs and ignored it but now before going to sleep all my body feels broken down halp...
Be more specific.
I slipped backwards, my coccyx hit the edge of the stairs and my legs and hands where hurt, and then I started sliding down the stairs while on my back. I think the bad part was that I stood up and continued normally immediately, ignoring all the pain.
Any numbness, tingling, or loss of feeling in your hands or feet? Or, do you just feel sore all over?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #69470 on: January 25, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »

Be more specific.
I slipped backwards, my coccyx hit the edge of the stairs and my legs and hands where hurt, and then I started sliding down the stairs while on my back. I think the bad part was that I stood up and continued normally immediately, ignoring all the pain.
Ugh, reminds me of when I tripped and nearly broke my neck via application of face to floor and then got up immediately. I sympathize with your pain.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69471 on: January 26, 2014, 12:43:27 am »

Sorry, I don't have the 10,000 gp of diamonds to fix it afterward. You'll have to stay, but I can offer you some sympathy to make it more bearable maybe?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69472 on: January 26, 2014, 12:56:36 am »

I once overdosed on ADD meds and spent the night in the hospital :V

I also slammed a finger in the door and had the nail die and fall off.

Otherwise, I've been remarkably lucky.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69473 on: January 26, 2014, 01:17:19 am »

I also slammed a finger in the door and had the nail die and fall off.
I did this too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69474 on: January 26, 2014, 01:17:38 am »

Sorry, I don't have the 10,000 gp of diamonds to fix it afterward. You'll have to stay, but I can offer you some sympathy to make it more bearable maybe?

Yeah.  Thank you ._.

Four and a quarter more... I might have to just put them off until tomorrow... *sigh*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #69475 on: January 26, 2014, 03:04:26 am »

JewWario died :(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 03:06:46 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #69476 on: January 26, 2014, 03:13:28 am »

I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69477 on: January 26, 2014, 11:51:55 am »

Went to a nice restaurant last night. Server was great, so I left what I thought was a sizable tip on my receipt.

See, I pay with plastic at all times. They take my card, scan it, and bring it back to me with a receipt that allows me to write in a tip and the new total. I scribble some numbers, take my card, and leave, with the assumption that they'll run the new numbers.

What actually happens is that those new numbers never get charged to my card. Makes me feel like crap as I do it all the time, with the net effect of me appearing to be a cheapass by not leaving a tip.

This shit was never explained to me. Am I doing it right?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69478 on: January 26, 2014, 12:34:43 pm »

That's... weird. I thought that was how it was done? I do the same, and the updated numbers have been what I've been charged, in my experience. I'll have to make sure to check next time.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69479 on: January 26, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »

Wasn't a migraine. It wasn't THAT bad.

FYI, it's possible to have a migraine with only a weak headache or no headache at all.

See, some people get what's called "auras" with their migraine, which are a bunch of freaky side symptoms. Mine usually manifest as blind spots in my vision, intense dizziness, and random bits of my face and hands going numb and tingly. The first time it happened I freaked out because I thought I'd had a stroke. :P

I've had it happen a couple times with no headache though (also a few with, which sucked).
Pages: 1 ... 4630 4631 [4632] 4633 4634 ... 8159