Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 282147 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...to try again, without that concept, I'm saying that Vector doesn't/cannot know what I meant when I said "Nobody's asking." That he is is putting words in my mouth.

I read that thing three or four times trying to figure out what you were talking about.  Looked at all your recent questions, etc., etc.  Do I really have to explicitly write out the thought process that informed me you were talking about your paper-question-thinger?

The reason why I ask, rather than just doing it, is that it is a royal pain to translate out of Vectorese and into the semi-comprehensible English slodge I normally speak/write in.  It's even more of a pain to translate from slodge to Good English, especially when it comes to intricate thought processes.

And yes, before you look it up... slodge is a neologism.  It means what it sounds like, and no, "sludge" would not do.  I speak slodge, not sludge.

Bleh.  Well, anyway.  I'm too tired, now, but if you want me to do a write-up I'll take care of it in the morning.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bleh.

So, I rethought, and realized that I exploded over what would have otherwise been a fairly innocuous statement.  My apologies.

So, I'm just not going to touch on that bit of your statements, because I'm too emotionally tied up in that sort of crapola to reason well about it.  Someone else can look at what we've said and decide.

I think there are some other things you've said that were genuinely scummy, however.  I don't have the time to look them up right now, but soon-ish I'll go trawl through and try to find out which of my opinions are emotional and which are logical.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Cobalt, you were on about 20 minutes ago, yet you decided not to answer my questions. I still have no clue what you are talking about with you saying 'Nobody's asking' and Vector replying to it, or how it related to my post.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

...if you don't know, then you don't know the contents of your own last argument against me, since you're taking it from Vector...which IS pretty scummy
Nobody's asking.

What, about your term paper that isn't a term paper?
Nobody's asking.
Nobody was asking about my "How to play mafia" is what I was saying, I think.
This is the contradiction that Vector is claiming exists. but is really just him asserting I mean one thing and I thinking I meant something else.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Cobalt, you were on about 20 minutes ago, yet you decided not to answer my questions.
I am not here primarily for mafia. it is the weekend.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

...if you don't know, then you don't know the contents of your own last argument against me, since you're taking it from Vector...which IS pretty scummy
Nobody's asking.

What, about your term paper that isn't a term paper?
Nobody's asking.
Nobody was asking about my "How to play mafia" is what I was saying, I think.
This is the contradiction that Vector is claiming exists. but is really just him asserting I mean one thing and I thinking I meant something else.

I find the quotes have nothing to do with anything I was talking about. He was referring to you not remembering/saying elsewise to what you said earlier, and calling it inconsistent. You said it should be excused because you were tired. You then said he was being inconsistent when he said he didn't want to hurt your feelings. But, through all these mangled quotes and bullshit, I'm not even going to try finding out what he was originally quoting. Consider that point proven false or something.

I still don't see the hypocrisy, and I don't like you saying confusion is a scum tell. Right now, I am a bit confused because most of the things people are saying seem to have no connection between what they are quoting, and people bringing up all this unrelated shit.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree with Cheeetar here, I'm incredibly confused. I'm going to have to read over what happened again, probably more than once, just to figure out what's going on. Then I'll have to reread AGAIN to figure out who's scum. Not really complaining, I'm just saying, you guys need to make more sense :D
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile

Meph and CobaltKobold voted SirBayer in quick succession.  That makes me suspicious.

META:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As far as I can tell, we all voted for him as soon as he claimed a different role then the one he claimed the day before. He put up a giant sign saying "I'm a lying scumbag!", so why is it suspicious that we suddenly voted for him?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

'Cause he's the easiest target in the world,

1.  He's town being SirBayer like always.
2.  He's scum and scum(you) are voting him to stiffen discussion.  He could be doing this as a scum tactic(possibly).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Scumlist:
dakarian
Meph
CobaltKobold

This is my thoughts right now.  Also, almost 100 pages!  :-D

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel at least somewhat responsible for the crazy confusion that's flying around right now, so I'll summarize/translate.  Sorry for the length, folks:

So, my real allegations against CK:

1. WIFOM spreading and cautiousness.
2. Inconsistency about the way he fundamentally thinks about Mafia in two weeks' time.
3. Flimsy reasoning in a person who is known for his well-composed arguments.
4. Doesn't actually write out arguments; just puts up lines of quotes/random accusatory statements and expects us to interpret them for him.  Looks like scum trying to spread confusion.
5. Emotional ploys (not the one I thought I saw--the ones about headaches and short-term memory and all that)
6. Contradictions (First he can't remember BMIV, now he can, etc.)

Unvote.

CobaltKobold.

@Cheeetar: if you're still at all interested in what I was originally quoting, my statements were about CK's general attitude in BMIV, D4.  He was one of the main proponents of the "people aren't scummy by virtue of their being alive later in the game" theory, which he conveniently forgets about when Bayer brings it up.  Then later he finds precisely the quote he wants from BMIV, a game that he had theoretically completely forgotten.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

That is good reasons. Oh God I dont want to read what I missed.

PANDAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

I'M HERE

WHAT'S GOING ON

DID SOMEONE HAMMER?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I'M HERE

WHAT'S GOING ON

DID SOMEONE HAMMER?
100 PAGES

WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'M HERE

WHAT'S GOING ON

DID SOMEONE HAMMER?

No hammer.  Just a couple of vote changes.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 151