Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2048995 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9855 on: December 27, 2015, 02:35:25 pm »

wait a female Jostar would have been Jolyne.
and kinda related to giogiro sooooooooooooo
all you need now is your Demonic Stand.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: December 27, 2015, 02:39:09 pm »

*I would totally go to a vault but:
-I don't know how to
-Punching angels is a horrid idea.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: December 27, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »

-I don't know how to
oh yeah that's kinda like digging into legend mode for demons who left their slab somewhere and pinpointing the location.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: December 27, 2015, 02:49:49 pm »

-I don't know how to
oh yeah that's kinda like digging into legend mode for demons who left their slab somewhere and pinpointing the location.
*Anything to dig into legends that isn't stuff like DFHack? I wanna pinpoint the location then basically grind and such to find it.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: December 27, 2015, 02:51:04 pm »

Modded animal people to gravitate towards 700,000 cm3 instead of 70,000 cm3 in bodysize, which resulted in brown recluse spider people being so tall, most humans were at knee-height compared to them. Needless to say, I took petty revenge on the humans, and conquered every settlement I could. After all, I'm a giant fucking spidey, nothing can stop me.

Well. Almost.

...I decided that I don't wanna compose poetry every time I want to go to sleep, and went ahead to attack a bogeyman. It destroyed me.

...Bogeymen are 1,000 cm3. I was 350,000.5 cm3. That bogeyman was basically the size of my toe, if spidey people even have toes, and it wrecked me.

I guess the game does reward an attack on a titan if you have the skills for it.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: December 27, 2015, 02:57:28 pm »

Modded animal people to gravitate towards 700,000 cm3 instead of 70,000 cm3 in bodysize, which resulted in brown recluse spider people being so tall, most humans were at knee-height compared to them. Needless to say, I took petty revenge on the humans, and conquered every settlement I could. After all, I'm a giant fucking spidey, nothing can stop me.

Well. Almost.

...I decided that I don't wanna compose poetry every time I want to go to sleep, and went ahead to attack a bogeyman. It destroyed me.

...Bogeymen are 1,000 cm3. I was 350,000.5 cm3. That bogeyman was basically the size of my toe, if spidey people even have toes, and it wrecked me.

I guess the game does reward an attack on a titan if you have the skills for it.
the irony in this is spider people have NOFEAR attached to them so bogeymen won't attack unless provoked.  you attacked a nonlethal bogeyman.
you could have just non violently read one of your many composed poetry to the bogeyman and not died.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 03:03:20 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9861 on: December 27, 2015, 03:06:40 pm »

Meh. Better to just disable boogeymen in advanced worldgen. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9862 on: December 27, 2015, 03:11:47 pm »

I like the concept of bogeymen, but the execution is too annoying. They should have a % chance of spawning each night when you're alone, rather than immediately.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9863 on: December 27, 2015, 03:13:23 pm »

[ELECTION_PERMITTED_DESERPENETRATE]

...does that mean we're voting to unfuck snakes? o.O
It means lizard people.
Oraoraoraoraoraoraora!

Duplicate yourself bug, then control that one as a stand, or displace it by a square so you can move.

FIGURE THIS OUT RUMRUSHER, IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9864 on: December 27, 2015, 03:21:50 pm »

I think I switched to .04 too soon, most of the fixes and features only apply to a fresh worldgen. Now I can't use advfort or companion-orders.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9865 on: December 27, 2015, 03:22:50 pm »

*2 Giants are dead, and I wasn't even looking for this one, I just entered a random lair for laughs and there was a giant.
*Also re-nicknaming my character "Diojolyne Jostar"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9866 on: December 27, 2015, 04:37:54 pm »

[ELECTION_PERMITTED_DESERPENETRATE]

...does that mean we're voting to unfuck snakes? o.O
It means lizard people.
Oraoraoraoraoraoraora!

Duplicate yourself bug, then control that one as a stand, or displace it by a square so you can move.

FIGURE THIS OUT RUMRUSHER, IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR!
look man I tried to separate via Music know what I got companions getting wipe from history like a stand user got to them.

like when it happens everything FREEZES then poof the companion who was doubled is gone.
to be fair the first time that happen "poor tipi" I Was in a ruin land run by a vampire I never seen.
had characters die due to cave ins in elven resorts.
and all kinds of stuff I question but just accept.
feels like I'm close to the ultimate LOSE, the lose that makes every adventurer run doomed at the start.
the destine Fun that my path in Adventure mode usually leads.
 I think I had a random NPC teleport in front of me.

like the duplication bug while copies the same npc but due to orders listing you control both units so the only possible way to separate them is to make sure both units don't feel the urge to move which means you can't do much with them or making the two copies have identities separate from each other and/or different unit_ids so the game doesn't figure hey slap them both on the same movement slot.

Besides why do that when you could dfhack spawn weird Demons with names of songs you written/know in dwarf fortress and have them attack while you perform and grant you weird buffs and debuffs.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:41:06 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9867 on: December 27, 2015, 04:42:35 pm »

I went back to .03 version; much less lag, no nemesis failure. Goblin and Hunter are still alive and I haven't cleared the necro tower. The party still isn't ready for that, but I'd like to be able to kite a few to them for practice. And hold off on the city until we have another titan kill to brag about, then head north after R&R there.

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9868 on: December 27, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »

*Diojolyne has gotten 3 legendary skills, 3 Superdwarven attributes (and 2 superior attributes), and is currently mastering Wrestling by pinching a baroness over and over.
EDIT:4 Legendary skills, 3 superiors, and still 3 Superdwarven.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 04:53:06 pm by Nep Nep »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9869 on: December 27, 2015, 05:54:13 pm »

the irony in this is spider people have NOFEAR attached to them so bogeymen won't attack unless provoked.  you attacked a nonlethal bogeyman.
you could have just non violently read one of your many composed poetry to the bogeyman and not died.
I knoooow D:
But you still can't sleep if you have bogeymen around you, even if you have NOFEAR.

And, well, I wasn't expecting to die to something literally 1/350 of my size!
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 1104