Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1178

Author Topic: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread  (Read 1123581 times)

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
Re: The DF2010 Little Questions Thread
« Reply #14985 on: September 08, 2011, 06:33:19 pm »

What do I add to the Kobald's raws to make it so they survive world gen, again?

A simple way is to add
[NOEAT]
and
[NODRINK]

Also.....

I'm the first post on the 1000th page of the little Questions thread....

I... I'm just so happy... :'(

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #14986 on: September 08, 2011, 06:36:34 pm »

Congratulations!  We have a celebratory lever for you to pull, reserved for just this occasion.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14987 on: September 08, 2011, 06:39:46 pm »

Let me get the map for it...

Half past the Mason's pet Rhesus Macaque's ass, turn left at the giant badger containment room, go over the carp-river and look for the little door with the sign "NEW JOBS HERE".  Pull the lever inside and wait as you are transported to your new employment.
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14988 on: September 08, 2011, 06:44:38 pm »

How do you reserve barrels for your brewing industry?

I set the reserve to 40 however, it doesn't seem to work.

Are you sure that you have enough available barrels that aren't already being used to store items / already assigned to stockpiles?  Are you getting a cancellation message when you try to brew drinks?

Congratulations!  We have a celebratory lever for you to pull, reserved for just this occasion.

Half past the Mason's pet Rhesus Macaque's ass, turn left at the giant badger containment room, go over the carp-river and look for the little door with the sign "NEW JOBS HERE".  Pull the lever inside and wait as you are transported to your new employment.

Well I suppose I only have one course of action available to me now, don't I?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imminent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14989 on: September 08, 2011, 07:43:29 pm »

Are you sure that you have enough available barrels that aren't already being used to store items / already assigned to stockpiles?  Are you getting a cancellation message when you try to brew drinks?

I get cancellation messages, though I have been producing a large number of barrels.

krosty4782

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14990 on: September 08, 2011, 07:51:52 pm »

Hey guys im new at df, and im following a guide.
I have a problem, there it goes:
1. How can i destroy / unassign constructions that arent finished ? For example, i put a wall and it shows a message that says "Construction suspended because item interrupts" so then the wall is there and nobody can build it, and i can't destroy it using b-n.
Thanks

kurisukun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14991 on: September 08, 2011, 08:12:16 pm »

1. How can i destroy / unassign constructions that arent finished ? For example, i put a wall and it shows a message that says "Construction suspended because item interrupts" so then the wall is there and nobody can build it, and i can't destroy it using b-n.
Thanks

[q]  will allow you to look around and select the nearest building.   This is useful for viewing workshops and the like, and non-finished constructions work in the exact same way as any other building.  Of course, once they're complete, they're treated like dirt.   Kinda.  Except you can't mine them.  But....  whatever.  you'll figure it out.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #14992 on: September 08, 2011, 09:14:09 pm »

Thanks

[q]  will allow you to look around and select the nearest building.   This is useful for viewing workshops and the like, and non-finished constructions work in the exact same way as any other building.  Of course, once they're complete, they're treated like dirt.   Kinda.  Except you can't mine them.  But....  whatever.  you'll figure it out.

by 'q'ing over the wall, you can either un-suspend it so that construction resumes or you can remove the designation entirely.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14993 on: September 08, 2011, 09:27:09 pm »

I get cancellation messages, though I have been producing a large number of barrels.

Hmm I guess the next famous question is burrows?  Have any burrows set up restircting your brewers / haulers from getting barrels?  Try putting an empty barrel stockpile (Under Furniture, make sure to turn off sand bags with 'u') near your still as well.  What exactly do the cancellation messages say?

Thanks

As other people have said, you can press 'q' near the wall, then 'x' to cancel it.  However, if the wall has been suspended for some reason, as you say, you can just press 'q' near it and press 's' to suspend / unsuspend it.  Sometimes when constructing multiple buildings near each other their materials get in the way of each other etc, so usually if a worker suspends a job, you can just press 's' to unsuspend it after a little while and he'll try again.  Also, the command to destroy / deconstruct constructions is d - n, if that helps.

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14994 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:19 pm »

folks-

I've had "collect clay" designated at my magma kiln for several years now. the kiln is powered. I have a potter. I have item hauling on. I have (what I think) is a clay collection zone designated. Yet no one collects clay. Anyone got any suggestions here? Commonly forgotten tricks for this situation?

-nightwhips
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14995 on: September 08, 2011, 11:30:09 pm »

folks-

I've had "collect clay" designated at my magma kiln for several years now. the kiln is powered. I have a potter. I have item hauling on. I have (what I think) is a clay collection zone designated. Yet no one collects clay. Anyone got any suggestions here? Commonly forgotten tricks for this situation?

-nightwhips
If the clay zone is covered in underground grasses, then your dwarves can't collect any clay.  Try pasturing a grazer or two in the collection zone.

plynxis

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh god I'm so tired, leave me alone...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14996 on: September 09, 2011, 01:14:08 am »

Also, cake.
What? Go away, I'm sleep deprived...

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14997 on: September 09, 2011, 02:52:47 am »

folks-

-nightwhips
If the clay zone is covered in underground grasses, then your dwarves can't collect any clay.  Try pasturing a grazer or two in the collection zone.
Easiest thing to prevent plant growth is to build a floor grate on the clay collection zone. Guarantees no plants and free access to the clay or sand.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14998 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:06 am »

Question that need clarifying: Vermin spawn anywhere right? I made an enclosed house (for my adventurer), filled it with food (by my adventurer) and paved the whole thing with floors, walls and a roof. I didn't see any vermin spawn at all on the floor but when I checked my 'indoor outside' garden there were vermin present. So does the type of tile decide what vermin spawns on it?

*Also, Yay for 1000 +th page!

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14999 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:37 am »

Are Fortifications permeable vertically? In other words, if water enters a Fortification that has no floor underneath it, can the water exit through the bottom of the Fortification, or only through a horizontal face?

EDIT: NVM...  I should have checked the Wiki first. Fortifications are permeable on every face EXCEPT the bottom.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:32:28 am by blue emu »
Never pet a burning dog.

Pages: 1 ... 998 999 [1000] 1001 1002 ... 1178