Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 642

Author Topic: [40.24] ۩۩۩ Genesis Mod ۩۩۩ [ϟ .11c Old Genesis ϟ] - 0.40.25 update by TomiTapio  (Read 1228491 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.1 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2745 on: August 26, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »

Merging Genesis 3.1 changes to my worlds...

Orcs.png and the rest are in BMP format?
Siegers can come with many 1.3 ton Raptor Dragons?
Saltwater crocodile could use NOPAIN, being ferocious.

Vulture, I have    [SPEED:750][FLEEQUICK]
I have teeth at materialvalue 2.
I call tough teeth "fangs". And tough leather "hide" (prefer short names).
Good call on high pain in nervous tissue. and brain bleeding from 3 to 70.
Maybe add some more vascular to chitin?

More... (I'll do more merging/reviewing tomorrow.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zoo Seal photo by me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomitapio/4809832538/
Bear photo too http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomitapio/930575267/
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:40:00 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

omglazers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: August 26, 2010, 09:46:03 pm »

Zoo Seal photo by me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomitapio/4809832538/
Bear photo too http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomitapio/930575267/

This is a photo of a seal. And then a bear. Clearly DF related, since TomiTapio's military consists of a bear army backed up by a seal navy.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: August 26, 2010, 11:15:21 pm »

Deon.
Deon, I just caught a mistake in the PICKED_TILE of Quarry bushes: The picked tile is ("), which leads to it being completely blank (at least, in the ASCII version). I'm 100% sure that that's the problem, since when I changed it to "34" it wasn't blank anymore.

EDIT: Apparently, the problem still persists for unharvested quarry bush shrubs (but the change in tiles fixed the harvested ones). I'll see if I can figure out the problem.

EDIT2: Found out why, SHRUB_TILE and DEAD_SHRUB_TILE also use the broken (") as their tiles.
Seems like you missed this, since the mistake is included with this update. In short, any tiles picked with a symbol within quotation marks like '"', '|', '^', '(' etc will appear blank, at least in the ASCII version. The way to fix it is replace them with a number, which points to the same symbol.

Ed: Seems to be a problem with carrots picked tile too, changing the "'('" to "40" will fix it.

Ed2: Cucumbers also have the same type of mistake, (They use "')'" as their picked tile when they should use 41).

Ed3: Purple stalks, Glow berries, Crystal canes and Cave chilies also have the same mistakes. Crystal canes also have the mistakes on their shrub tile, and Purple stalks and Glow berries in addition also have the mistakes on their shrub and dead shrub tiles. I'm sorry but I'm too lazy to list the mistakes, use this to fix the tiles to their right number.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:33:33 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ladde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: August 27, 2010, 02:18:33 am »

Its morning here in Sweden, as always I am playing alittle DF-Genesis to start my day.
While playing I rememberd a band named 'Finntroll' They are a metalband that sings about Trolls and stuff. Very Nordic-Fantasy themed. You should listen to them if you like the theme, much of the lyrics would be hard to understand if any. But if you know Swedish or something similar, read the lyrics they are quite entertaining.

I think most of them are from Finland-Suomi, but they sing most of thier songs in Swedish, so it adds a nice dialect to thier songs.
Anyhow, I heard a track from thier newest album, its called 'Blodmarsch', translated 'Bloodmarch' (duh)
And as I was building this giant wall surrounding my entrance, this tack came on. And I though, "Yeah, this would be an awesome soundtrack to what I'm doing." It felt really epic.

Just though I'd share this moment of epicness. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDuw5deK764
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 02:25:03 am by Ladde »

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: August 27, 2010, 02:40:53 am »

3.1?I thought the last release was 3.3 so shouldn't we be on 3.4?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: August 27, 2010, 02:44:11 am »

3.1?I thought the last release was 3.3 so shouldn't we be on 3.4?
The last release wasn't 3.3, it was 3.03, so no, we shouldn't be on 3.4. Not for a while.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: August 27, 2010, 02:52:26 am »

Thanks for the info Tarran.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: August 27, 2010, 03:11:19 am »

ive already started quite a happy fort on my old 3.03 version. if i just copy the saved games over will i get the penguins and the fixes in my fort or do i need to re-gen?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: August 27, 2010, 03:13:09 am »

In the stocks menu the various vermin remains are oddly named... when the list is condensed, but not when expanded.
(lizards and other things are all getting listed as "Umber Hulk", and there's a spotted woebegone that is also something else when the list is expanded).

I've never seen this bug before, so I am thinking it may be the Genesis Mod, but I'm not sure HOW it could be the mod. Anyone else see anything like this?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: August 27, 2010, 03:44:19 am »

Quote from: Osdeath
Hurrah, i now have the new version!
Although, there's one niggle, i just extracted it, the file itself has a "last modified" date of tomorrow...
Have you been time travelling Deon?
How else could I make mods, study, work, play games, love my wife and play with my kid?

Quote from: TomiTapio
Orcs.png and the rest are in BMP format?
Siegers can come with many 1.3 ton Raptor Dragons?
Saltwater crocodile could use NOPAIN, being ferocious.
orcs "png" file is not finished, if you look into it I just started to draw them. Orcs now use a quick mock-up graphics which are not terrible but I want better.
Roger that. Crocodiles will get NOPAIN. And I will test why do they get dragon raptors. I will probably make those bigger and semimegabeasts.

Deon, your combat is still bugged. My dwarves are routinely punching werewolves and tearing their skin. On the description page it says that the area hit has been "smashed open".
It's not bugged. Werewolves have much thicker hide. I could play around with the skin elasticity to make different descriptions, I just haven't explored that. It looks like materials have hardcoded "description" of damages depending on their relative and absolute values of parameters, and with high parameters the game considers it to be "solid" enough to shatter and break it. I prefer a bit strange description rather than weak monsters :). Just imagine they have a tough hide like a flexible shell.
In extreme cases their muscles can be jammed through internal organs. It's all because of their hardened state.

Quote from: omglazers
In the future, I would also suggest that practice weapons which are used at training dummies, similar to the new tomes for skill training also be able to break.
Good idea. I will incorporate it.

I say jagged spear too small at size 400. and javelin too large at 800.
The jagged spear is a goblinoid-type weapon, it may be increased to 500 or 600 but not more.

Javelin is a long nord spear and it should be around 800.

reaction_genesis_smelt.txt says "reaction_peat" inside.
Tomatoes still have [BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_WATER][UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3]
1) Omg. I will change it as soon as possible :). It was like that for a long time, thank you for finding it, I just didn't notice it.
2) Okay, fixed.

Other stuff
Mostly incorporated.

3.11 will be out soon. Save-compatible.

(lizards and other things are all getting listed as "Umber Hulk", and there's a spotted woebegone that is also something else when the list is expanded).
I saw this problem and haven't figured out what causes it. However it looks like it doesn't affect anything, so for now it's okay.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: August 27, 2010, 03:55:05 am »

Here it is: 3.11 patch.

Just extract the contents of an appropriate archive into your /raw folder. I release it separately to reduce the download size. I will include it in a main download when I make another big update.

Also, anyone can contribute to df-genesis.wikidot.com. Pan already edited the caste section. Come on, help me to fill it, I am a bit busy now and it can greatly help others.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ ஃ Genesis Mod ஃ ۩۩۩ [ϟ 3.11 ϟ] - a GrandFix
« Reply #2756 on: August 27, 2010, 04:13:53 am »

I feel like I'm being ignored, Deon. :-\

You know why fixing this:
Is important?

This is why, notice the black spots:

Who knows, maybe it doesn't happen with DF's normal ASCII and me using Dorten's tileset may be partially to blame. But please fix this with future versions so I don't have to fix this every single time I download the new ASCII version. It's extremely easy to fix, and not time consuming at all, maybe spend a minute or two. All you have to do is visit this page and replace the letters/symbols with the numbers corresponding to their tiles, IE: >'('< with >40<.

Like, for example:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 04:16:41 am by Tarran »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: August 27, 2010, 04:29:53 am »

I don't know what causes it, it was working before. It must be a new DF bug. Note that glowberries, purple stalks and other plants were made not by me, so it was working for other people too. I didn't ignore you, I just didn't see your post. I will make appropriate changes in the next releases.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: August 27, 2010, 04:35:27 am »

Thank you. :)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #2759 on: August 27, 2010, 05:14:20 am »

I was thinking more of the throwing Javelin, as in the sport.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javelin
Romans got Pilum and Plumbata for throwing.
"There is some literary and archeological evidence that the Norse were familiar with and used the javelin for hunting and warfare, but they commonly used a spear designed for both throwing and thrusting. The Old Norse word for javelin was frakka."

Guess one could call the nords' spear "war spear" if it isn't thrown and it is large.

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 642