Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: smoke  (Read 1139 times)

Crafty Barnardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
smoke
« on: December 18, 2007, 04:41:00 pm »

It seems to me that with all of these furnaces going all the time in my fortress, that there ought to be smoke in the air.  I figure it could work like miasma except it would only be generated when a furnace or forge is being used.  It would then dissipate over time, or it could be channeled outside using pipes and chimneys or wall grates.
Crafty Barnardo cancels task:  distracted by shiny object

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: smoke
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Crafty Barnardo:
<STRONG>It seems to me that with all of these furnaces going all the time in my fortress, that there ought to be smoke in the air.  I figure it could work like miasma except it would only be generated when a furnace or forge is being used.  It would then dissipate over time, or it could be channeled outside using pipes and chimneys or wall grates.</STRONG>
Annoying, yet realistic, and it'd be pretty cool to drill - er, channel, holes through the ceiling up to the surface to let the stuff out.
I like it a lot.
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

mickel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: smoke
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 06:48:00 pm »

I do ventilation holes for miasmas already. Not sure if it works, but I think it does... And I wouldn't mind seeing smoke in.
I>What happens in Nefekvucar stays in Nefekvucar.