Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Dethy Deluxe Mafia: Night 1 probs doesn't need a replacement  (Read 19648 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dethy Deluxe Mafia: Day 1 needs a replacement
« Reply #195 on: July 30, 2010, 01:04:59 pm »

Except for abclatter_2 who's on vacation and said he's going to be gone for a few days, we're all here. Barely.

So our fairly quiet people are .. fuck it, everyone. If we're going to poison-kill someone, I'd suggest criptfeind or Org. Both jumped on and posted only to prove they're still here by asking bullshit questions. The only problem I have with the "NL and everyone inspects the same dude" plan is that there's no chance the one who gets poison'd is the one who get's hippy'd. Personally, I think Webadict wants to plan everything out since he's sure he'd get inspected if we all did whatever we want to do. But you know what, sure. I'll go along with Web's plan.

Mr Person, why do you say that you have no idea why experienced players get chosen for actions?
Really?

I really never understood that, no.

Mr. P

Are you in fact saying that he was incorrect when he said that if it was to come down to lynching to find out info you or org would not be the best?

I'm saying that lynching for info backfires unless it has certainty behind it, and lynching me does not provide any certainty at all.

I say lynching me since I'd make a far better lynch target than Org for the purposes of information giving and information not hidden. My inspection is likely worthless, leaving Org at only two inspections and not robbing us of an inspection if Org turns out to be a cop. Not that I'm saying that if it DID come down to a "one or the other" scenario I wouldn't argue to lynch Org since he actually has a chance of being scum, but I digress.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2010, 04:13:27 pm »

Let's all inspect Jokerman-EXE

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 31, 2010, 06:34:26 pm »

The reason experienced players are chosen for actions are for a few reasons:
Scum want them dead as they usually do well.
Its good to know if they are town, which is why cops might inspect/trackers might track.
Really, I am not sure about Doctors.
Blah Blah other reasons.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2010, 12:07:51 am »

Let's all inspect Jokerman-EXE

Seeing how this is a death sentence I must ask you why?

Also why are we all inspecting someone? I just realized that that your hide the poisoner does not really work because it can just poison someone in secret. Hell since they are going to die we wont even get any info from the inspections. Really all it will do is waste our inspections.

So can you say why again?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2010, 03:50:41 am »

Did you... Do you even realize: a) how poison works, b) why hiding the poisoner is good, or c) what you're even arguing?

I mean, you just showed up to say "woah woah woah... Why hide the poisoner?" How about hiding the confirmed Townie, you moron? I mean it's not like exploiting the roles makes the game have two lynches, so that instead of lynching someone who is not even bothering to post (This is a thing I have come to expect from scum Jokerman), but we can also compare and contrast inspects.

Or is there a problem with that logic, other than the hidden poisoner?

P.S. You're stupid. The whole point is to find a way to win, and double lynching sounds particularly good. Eh?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2010, 04:08:22 am »

Ya ya see I am not sure how what you want to do will hide the poisoner at all.

Really tell me how it is better for everyone to inspect someone and then they die rather then have people inspect someone who is not going to die.

Really it is very simple, we tell the poisoner who to poison and then they do it and then, the tricky part of this plan, they do not tell everybody that they poisoned that person.

You plan is great other than it being crapper in every way unless you expect the poisoner to tell everybody that he is the poisoner. But then really if they do that both plans fail 100%... so huh your plan is dumb in every way.

If you want to as you say "compare and contrast inspects" why not have everyone inspect someone and then have the poisoner kill someone else.

Also because I do not like your face (and quite frankly you only seem to want to waste the towns resources) I will unvote Vote webadict.

Unless you can come up with a better reason (which I thought you would on your first response) I have no reason to think you are not scum trying to waste our inspections.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2010, 04:43:17 am »

... You're not a Cop at all, are you?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 01, 2010, 04:52:41 am »

It would be great for you to answer my questions.

Here let me show you how.

... You're not a Cop at all, are you?

I am a cop.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 01, 2010, 06:07:37 am »

Uh huh... Sooo... Then the problem you don't get is that the poisoner... Is a Cop as well?

One that doesn't know he's a poisoner?

Or did the rules change to make your sanity known to only the poisoner?

But, dur, I dunno, dur. Me plan, dur, stupid.

You moron.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 01, 2010, 06:25:31 pm »

One that doesn't know he's a poisoner?

Okay then.

Really no need to be so... abusive.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 01, 2010, 06:41:12 pm »

Also I may as well unvote.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 01, 2010, 07:14:14 pm »

It was necessary, seeing as how in the Cop's PM it says sanity is not guaranteed. I consider POISONER COP to be a sanity. Don't overreact if an understood aspect of the plan is overlooked by you and you won't be abused.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 01, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »

Hey, I just did not think that the poisoner would not know that they were.

Also it was not necessary but if you did not do it we would think you were taken over by the alien pod people.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 01, 2010, 07:53:58 pm »

I would actually assume cyborgs first, then aliens, and then closet ninjas.

But seriously: abclatter

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 01, 2010, 08:30:29 pm »

What about him/it?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17