Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 367753 times)

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #885 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:28 pm »

Uhh, quick question!
I'm trying to steal cave-people to do dirty work for me, and hopefully defend the caves.
I've set their civilization to 9, which is the same as all of my dwarves. Now they're tame. I can flag labours in game, but their task is always set to tame.. I've checked, their tame flag is off.

Can I actually steal other civilization's people, and have them work for me, or is tame gunna be the best I can get?

(Incase you're wondering, I posted it here, since I'm using Runesmith for this, and I'm hoping I won't have to use any other tools to do this.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Darquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 07, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »

It requires knowledge of x86 assembly and how DF stores the stuff.
More of the latter than the former. I know assembly. It didn't help.
It is really pretty damn complicated.
Aye, it is...
I've tried it.
Trust him. I tried too. No success.

nef

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 11, 2010, 09:23:55 am »

Been almost a month since the last update to the game

Does this tool have an update in the works?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 11, 2010, 09:57:13 am »

Been almost a month since the last update to the game

Does this tool have an update in the works?
Its getting there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 11, 2010, 03:10:28 pm »

Uhh, quick question!
I'm trying to steal cave-people to do dirty work for me, and hopefully defend the caves.
I've set their civilization to 9, which is the same as all of my dwarves. Now they're tame. I can flag labours in game, but their task is always set to tame.. I've checked, their tame flag is off.

The game treats all non-civ-race members of a civ as tame animals in Fort Mode.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 18, 2010, 01:34:11 pm »

Will this soon be updated? I would really like a version that can work with Genesis.
Thank you
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #891 on: December 18, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »

Will this soon be updated? I would really like a version that can work with Genesis.
Thank you
Well, let me tell you when:
First I have to finish this video processing acceleration project. Then another pile of annoying math proofs. (those things have priority)
Then, maybe, I'll have a few days for DFHack, and I'll possibly manage to automate the offset search crap so I don't have to babysit it so much. Then I'll do a release and all the tool devs will have to update/recompile their stuff. Then you'll get an update.

Lots of big IFs you see. If things don't work out, I'll have some time in February. If they do work out, it will still depend on other people when/if there are updates to tools not included in the main DFHack builds.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 18, 2010, 08:11:37 pm »

Thank you
First I have to finish this video processing acceleration project. Then another pile of annoying math proofs. (those things have priority)
Then, maybe, I'll have a few days for DFHack, and I'll possibly manage to automate the offset search crap so I don't have to babysit it so much. Then I'll do a release and all the tool devs will have to update/recompile their stuff. Then you'll get an update.

Lots of big IFs you see. If things don't work out, I'll have some time in February. If they do work out, it will still depend on other people when/if there are updates to tools not included in the main DFHack builds.

:D
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 18, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »

Thank you

:D

:) :P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Darquan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 20, 2010, 04:38:22 am »

Guess it is better to wait till february, then.
Otherwise it is pretty much possible things will be just like a few times before - dfhack finally gets updated, and then DF gets another release in two-three days...

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 20, 2010, 04:02:04 pm »

Thank you

I thank you for responding, and wish you good luck.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Tjalling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 26, 2010, 09:23:41 pm »

Hey, excuse my newness here, but after looking through a few pages of this topic, I hear mentions of it taking a considerable time until the next update. Does that mean until it is compatible with 0.31.18, or something else? Thanks in advance!

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 26, 2010, 10:09:05 pm »

Yes.[/mathematician'sanswer]

Until it is compatible with .18.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Tjalling

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 26, 2010, 10:16:40 pm »

Damnit. Well, thanks anyway!
I guess it's time to start looking for a way to make my save game work with .16, then...

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 26, 2010, 10:22:57 pm »

Damnit. Well, thanks anyway!
I guess it's time to start looking for a way to make my save game work with .16, then...

Sorry man :/
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 106