Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1552 1553 [1554] 1555 1556 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699307 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Spring Drive Edition
« Reply #23295 on: May 07, 2013, 06:09:48 pm »

Lower back is killing me. Feels like someone is gouging my spine with a dull knife made of pain.

Fuck you, back. Get with the program.
Oh hey, I think I know that one. Might want to see someone about it, at least enough to pick up the exercise set they run you through to help mitigate the problems with that stuff in between the vertebrates starting to go tits up. Which, get, do, probably get better, if it's the same thing (and dull knife made of pain sounds like it might be!).

I got to deal with that one before I turned twenty! It was fucking excruciating, ahahaha! I think it was second, behind the kidney stone.

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #23296 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:01 pm »

So I attempt to play TF2 again after a long hiatus, no big deal. I get a message saying "Steam has to reorganize the game files into a more efficient format" or something like that.

...it takes 30 minutes for the thing to finish, and then it kindly informs me that all missing content is being downloaded. All 300 mb of it. With my interwebs speed, that's approximately an hour of waiting.

So now I finally get a chance to start the game, and what do I find? All my skins are broke. They aren't working, even when attempting to reinstall them. All the cool stuff I found over the internet,a ll the awesome files I downloaded and installed in my free time, all bummed. All my wonderful retextures, improved lighting, cel-shading, awesome weapon redesigns, they are all busted to borked.

I'm stuck with cruddy over-phonged not-cel-shaded TF2 with loads of ugly weapons and models at the moment. ;-; It's enough to make me not want to bother playing again.

*shakes fist at Valve*
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23297 on: May 07, 2013, 09:50:14 pm »

Uhh.... there was a post from valve saying that they were doing that, along with what you need to do to change your skins and stuff. The method is different this time.

[EDIT] Here.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:58:08 pm by Japa »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23298 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:25 pm »

Uhh.... there was a post from valve saying that they were doing that, along with what you need to do to change your skins and stuff. The method is different this time.

[EDIT] Here.
Those improvements seem worth the trouble IMO.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #23299 on: May 07, 2013, 10:35:01 pm »

[EDIT] Here.
Ah, that's cool. See, I have not been keeping up with Valve's news stuff. I'll probably check the link out later.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23300 on: May 07, 2013, 11:00:00 pm »

I had a big gigantic pop up message about it a day or two ago. Kinda hard to miss.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23301 on: May 08, 2013, 08:08:11 am »

Lower back is killing me. Feels like someone is gouging my spine with a dull knife made of pain.

Fuck you, back. Get with the program.
Oh hey, I think I know that one. Might want to see someone about it, at least enough to pick up the exercise set they run you through to help mitigate the problems with that stuff in between the vertebrates starting to go tits up. Which, get, do, probably get better, if it's the same thing (and dull knife made of pain sounds like it might be!).

I got to deal with that one before I turned twenty! It was fucking excruciating, ahahaha! I think it was second, behind the kidney stone.
Yeah, I've been having chronic flare-ups of lower back pain for a few years now. Chiropractor can usually fix it in a week or so, but that shit's expensive. And they want you to keep coming back. My doc prescribed me cyclobenzaprine at night which helps when it flares up, but she said if it kept coming back, she'd refer me to a physical therapist (which ain't cheap either).

They've done X-rays before and there's nothing structurally wrong. No slipped discs, out-of-whack vertebrae, etc. I think it's basically that the muscles down there get overworked on occasion and respond by tightening up like wet leather. Walking around helps a lot because it's working the muscles and loosening them. Sitting or standing still for long periods (o hai desk job!) aggravates it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23302 on: May 08, 2013, 09:04:11 am »

Do you swim? It might do to strengthen the muscles.

Plus, swimming is fun.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23303 on: May 08, 2013, 09:09:59 am »

Plus, swimming is fun.
I swim like a rock. Which is to say, no.
Tried to learn a few times, sank no matter how furiously I thrashed around.  :-[

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23304 on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:30 am »

That sucks, it's great exercise.
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23305 on: May 08, 2013, 09:29:39 am »

Plus, swimming is fun.
Tried to learn a few times, sank no matter how furiously I thrashed around.  :-[
Reminds me of me trying to learn to swim as a kid. Probably due to the fact I had practically no body fat to keep me buoyant. I remember them trying to teach me to float on my back, but I'd invariably end up floating with my face just under the surface and getting water all up my nose, followed by me flipping out.

They eventually lost patience when I was lagging so much behind everyone else and chucked me in the deep end. I made it back to the surface but stopped taking swimming lessons. :P

I could probably learn today if I could find any swimming lessons that weren't aimed at kids...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23306 on: May 08, 2013, 09:33:49 am »

Plus, swimming is fun.
Reminds me of me trying to learn to swim as a kid. Probably due to the fact I had practically no body fat to keep me buoyant. I remember them trying to teach me to float on my back, but I'd invariably end up floating with my face just under the surface and getting water all up my nose, followed by me flipping out.

They eventually lost patience when I was lagging so much behind everyone else and chucked me in the deep end. I made it back to the surface but stopped taking swimming lessons. :P

I could probably learn today if I could find any swimming lessons that weren't aimed at kids...
Same problem here. Compounded by the pectus excavatum which meant that my "deep breath" didn't do a damn thing to help me float. After the third near-drowning, I said to hell with it and just stay away from swimming. Oddly enough, I'm not terrified of deep water and enjoy going out on boats -- all the while knowing that if I fall overboard without a life jacket, I'm dead.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #23307 on: May 08, 2013, 09:35:31 am »

Plus, swimming is fun.

Same problem here. Compounded by the pectus excavatum which meant that my "deep breath" didn't do a damn thing to help me float. After the third near-drowning, I said to hell with it and just stay away from swimming. Oddly enough, I'm not terrified of deep water and enjoy going out on boats -- all the while knowing that if I fall overboard without a life jacket, I'm dead.

I recommend blowing up a balloon and taping it into your chest cavity: Added bonus: walk into someone in such a way that it pops under your shirt, say 'I don't think ribs are supposed to do that' and collapse.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23308 on: May 08, 2013, 09:42:12 am »

Floaties for everyone!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23309 on: May 08, 2013, 09:58:12 am »

Plus, swimming is fun.
* MaximumZero extends a MadeOfRockBroFist.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1552 1553 [1554] 1555 1556 ... 3345